Italy still refuse to call up Balotelli

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Italy still refuse to call up Balotelli

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Even after failing to qualify for the world cup, Italy made sure Balotelli ...the guy who is having a fine season at Nice does not sniff the team.

Yet 76 years old Buffon is still being called up.

Racism is a hell of a drug.

I'm sure if they Balo vs Sweden...dude would have made magic happen.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Italy still refuse to call up Balotelli

Post by bret- hart »

Serves Balotelli right. Dude should have played for Ghana instead of that filthy racist boot shaped country.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Like Balotelli's attitude has nothing to do with it.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Everything isn’t racism when situations aren’t favorable for black black people. Balotelli attitude is absolutely unacceptable and no upright coach will tolerate such behavior
Last edited by john12 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Zidane, Rooney, Totti, Gascoigne, Sherer, Lampard, Cantona etc all had rotten personalities and attitudes but they are deified by the same Europeans. But then again Balo should blame himself for playing for a racist country that would never accept him as one of them instead of the country of his parents.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If Balotelli pulls that nonsense even playing for Ghana, he would be bannes and left out. Case in story that fish.face and his lackey the Boateng brother.

Please let us leave the racism thingy apart. Ogbona is another black player playing for Italy, he does not seem to have any problems other than the stiff competition for play time from Chiellini.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I take it we are supposed to feel bad? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Let him sit on that long bench with Owomoyela, Aogo, Sidney Sam, Agbonlahor etc etc :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

bret- hart wrote:Zidane, Rooney, Totti, Gascoigne, Sherer, Lampard, Cantona etc all had rotten personalities and attitudes but they are deified by the same Europeans. But then again Balo should blame himself for playing for a racist country that would never accept him as one of them instead of the country of his parents.
El Hadji Diouff had a bad attitude but that didn't stop Senegal from calling him up.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I take it we are supposed to feel bad? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Let him sit on that long bench with Owomoyela, Aogo, Sidney Sam, Agbonlahor etc etc :lol:
We are not talking about all those Mickey Mouse players you mentioned....Balotelli was a great who basically willed a boring arse Italy to the final of Euro 2012.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We are not talking about all those Mickey Mouse players you mentioned....Balotelli was a great who basically willed a boring arse Italy to the final of Euro 2012.
he was a great? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He is a very good player who thought the world revolved around him and refused to listen to advise.

Anyway, Ghana has moved on, he can keep pinning for Italy. Thats his problem. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
lumide01
Egg
Egg

Post by lumide01 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Even after failing to qualify for the world cup, Italy made sure Balotelli ...the guy who is having a fine season at Nice does not sniff the team.

.....So if they are racist when he's not being called up, what were they when they when he was being called up and not only being called up starting constantly in a very influential role for the team. I swear people like you who use the color of your skin as a crutch to always explain why certain opportunities in life are denied are something else. I guess your rationale is I am black, alot of time when theres misfortune in my life or any person of color there must be some European in a dungeon somewhere rubbing his hands together and devising it all! smh
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bret- hart wrote:Zidane, Rooney, Totti, Gascoigne, Sherer, Lampard, Cantona etc all had rotten personalities and attitudes but they are deified by the same Europeans. But then again Balo should blame himself for playing for a racist country that would never accept him as one of them instead of the country of his parents.

Eerm...didn't France fashi Cantona and Ginola for their bad attitudes?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... If they're lucky to have space for them on the bench
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Even after failing to qualify for the world cup, Italy made sure Balotelli ...the guy who is having a fine season at Nice does not sniff the team.

Weren't you the same person that said this about white SA farmers:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Let them go ...they don't belong in Africa.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=286921

It's perfectly fine for you to make racist comments but complain about racism. If you don't think the whites belong in Africa then you shouldn't complain if some white Italians don't believe Balotelli belongs in Italy.

Balotelli has a bad attitude problem and maybe they don't want to deal with it, have you thought of that? Not everything can be chalked up to racism.
Last edited by Mr. Piffington on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Zidane, Rooney, Totti, Gascoigne, Sherer, Lampard, Cantona
Totti and Cantona had horrible personalities but not the others.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Italy is rebuilding so why would they call up Baloteli instead of younger players?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

airwolex wrote:
Zidane, Rooney, Totti, Gascoigne, Sherer, Lampard, Cantona
Totti and Cantona had horrible personalities but not the others.
Cantona.... as good as he was, didn't get called up for the same France. Now Ballo...
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Kabalega wrote:

Italy is rebuilding so why would they call up Baloteli instead of younger players?
Balotelli is probably the best Italy has to offer based on his form in the past 2 or so years.

He is now ready and grown up.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Eerm...didn't France fashi Cantona and Ginola for their bad attitudes?
Gascoigne was dropped from WC1998 as well.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Balotelli is not in contest for Buffon's position. Unless he doubles as an excellent shot stopper too.

So looking at Italy's list of strikers, who would Balotelli push out?

Italy's current Striker List:

Striker PLD G YC RC
Simone Zaza
- - - -
Domenico Berardi
- - - -
Ciro Immobile
8 (2) 5 2 0
Nicola Sansone
- - - -
Roberto Inglese
- - - -
Lorenzo Insigne
4 (2) 0 0 0
Diego Falcinelli
- - - -
Éder
3 (4) 0 0 0
Graziano Pellè
- - - -
Gianluca Caprari
- - - -
Andrea Belotti
5 (2) 3 0 0
Andrea Petagna
- - - -
Federico Chiesa
- - - -
Manolo Gabbiadini
1 (2) 0 0 0
Simone Verdi
1 (0) 0 0 0
Matteo Politano
- - - -
Gianluca Lapadula
- - - -

http://www.skysports.com/football/teams/italy/squad

The 3 highlighted are hot right now.
Would Balo be satisfied being 4th option?
Last edited by balo on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

And in other news:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -chiellini

Angelo Ogbonna called up by Italy to replace injured Giorgio Chiellini

West Ham defender Angelo Ogbonna has been called up by Italy to cover for the injured Giorgio Chiellini.

Juventus confirmed Chiellini would withdraw from the Italy squad and return to Turin on Monday after scans showed he suffered a thigh strain during Saturday's 0-0 draw with Spal.

Italy are scheduled to play friendlies against Argentina in Manchester on March 23 and England at Wembley four days later.

Giorgio Chiellini picked up an injury playing for Juventus on Saturday

Ogbonna, who played with Chiellini at Juventus, has featured for West Ham 31 times this season, scoring three goals.

West Ham are two points clear of the relegation zone in 18th, and have eight games remaining to maintain their Premier League status.

Juventus' next match is against AC Milan on March 31, followed by the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid on April 3.

Gianluigi Buffon has been called up by Italy despite retiring last year

Italy are yet to find a permanent replacement for Gian Piero Ventura - who was sacked in November after the team failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1958.

Luigi Di Biagio, who was appointed Italy boss on an interim basis in February, will take charge of the Azzurri for this month's friendlies.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Kabalega wrote:

Younger players? Didn't 85 year old Buffon announced he was retiring?

Balotelli is only 27 btw.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

He is playing rubbish in the French league.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo