MIKEL, ETEBO, JUNIOR AJAYI OUT OF POLAND CLASH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MIKEL, ETEBO, JUNIOR AJAYI OUT OF POLAND CLASH

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Wondering if Ajayi would get a visa in time for the Serbia game?
Mikel shouldn’t have been invited due to pali issues abi?
What Pali issue?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel Obi pulls out of Nigeria/Poland friendly after being unable to secure a Polish visa - See more at: https://goo.gl/gaTWLv

You mean after years of playing in England Mikel did not obtain a British passport that would enable him travel to s fellow EU country that does not require a visa. Bros try another one for this your headline.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

hestonap wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel Obi pulls out of Nigeria/Poland friendly after being unable to secure a Polish visa - See more at: https://goo.gl/gaTWLv

You mean after years of playing in England Mikel did not obtain a British passport that would enable him travel to s fellow EU country that does not require a visa. Bros try another one for this your headline.
Leave Ayo, the issue is his work permit not visa...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

maceo4 wrote:
hestonap wrote:

Leave Ayo, the issue is his work permit not visa...
Agents don't know the difference :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Does smack of a lack of professionalism.
China enacted new work permit regulations (not just football, but across the board) that took effect as from February 28, and a whole lot of renewals have been caught up in it.
Question is: is Odion Ighalo in Poland? Doesn't the work permit situation affect him being China based?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

They’re exonerating Mikel of blame for not making it to Poland because of work permits issues but failed to realize that ighalo is already in Poland. Don’t ighalo and Obi play at the same league?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:
China enacted new work permit regulations (not just football, but across the board) that took effect as from February 28, and a whole lot of renewals have been caught up in it.
Question is: is Odion Ighalo in Poland? Doesn't the work permit situation affect him being China based?
Again, work permit and visa are two entirely DISPARATE issues...

Visa is being issued by the destination country (Poland in this instance), while the Work Permit is issued by the country of domicile (that is, the country where you will reside and work - or China in this case). One has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other, and Work Permit becomes pertinent in this instance (where Mikel is already resident and working in China) when/if it is due for renewal. Obviously, Ighalo's work permit is not being RENEWED at this point in time.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:They’re exonerating Mikel of blame for not making it to Poland because of work permits issues but failed to realize that ighalo is already in Poland. Don’t ighalo and Obi play at the same league?
Please see response to Anointed above...
And hopefully learn what a Work Permit is. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Not necessarily. Its a renewal issue. Unless you think they were both issued their work permits on the same day.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:They’re exonerating Mikel of blame for not making it to Poland because of work permits issues but failed to realize that ighalo is already in Poland. Don’t ighalo and Obi play at the same league?

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Now, you’re claiming that it’s a renewal issue. Mikel was informed 1 months in advance and there’s no resin why he should be missing this game for work permit issues. Infact, if he knew there was a possibility of missing the game due to work permits issues, he should had informed our coach or FA ahead. I am sorry but nonsense like this shouldn’t be happening in 2018
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:Now, you’re claiming that it’s a renewal issue. Mikel was informed 1 months in advance and there’s no resin why he should be missing this game for work permit issues. Infact, if he knew there was a possibility of missing the game due to work permits issues, he should had informed our coach or FA ahead. I am sorry but nonsense like this shouldn’t be happening in 2018
I am beginning to get Metalalloy’s post (which I had thought so wrong)... :lol:

If you already have a Work Petmit (which Mikel must have had to be working in China), by definition the only issue would concern it would be its renewal. And if you bothered to read through the thread, you would have gotten that a new work permit regime just took effect in China (less than a month ago) and all sorts of folk are dealing with working out it’s kinks. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
john12 wrote:Now, you’re claiming that it’s a renewal issue. Mikel was informed 1 months in advance and there’s no resin why he should be missing this game for work permit issues. Infact, if he knew there was a possibility of missing the game due to work permits issues, he should had informed our coach or FA ahead. I am sorry but nonsense like this shouldn’t be happening in 2018
I am beginning to get Metalalloy’s post (which I had thought so wrong)... :lol:

If you already have a Work Petmit (which Mikel must have had to be working in China), by definition the only issue would concern it would be its renewal. And if you bothered to read through the thread, you would have gotten that a new work permit regime just took effect in China (less than a month ago) and all sorts of folk are dealing with working out it’s kinks. SMH
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti wrote:
anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Visa is being issued by the destination country (Poland in this instance), while the Work Permit is issued by the country of domicile (that is, the country where you will reside and work - or China in this case). One has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other, and Work Permit becomes pertinent in this instance (where Mikel is already resident and working in China) when/if it is due for renewal. Obviously, Ighalo's work permit is not being RENEWED at this point in time.
Thanks for the response.

I understand the difference btw Visa and Work Permit. I would say your your explanation is plausible but one other area that still makes this not entirely convincing is, assuming Mikel would be available for Serbia, why doesn't this particular situation also preclude him from the Serbia game. coming up just 4 days later? Can we assume that he would by now have sorted out the matter?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

China announces new deadline for work permit renewal applications

The State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (“SAFEA”) has announced that from 28 February 2018, all work permit renewal applications must be submitted 30 days prior to the expiration of the current permit.
Failure to comply with this “30-day rule” will result in employers and work permit holders being required to restart the work authorization application process from the beginning. The “30-day rule” will be enforced nationwide.
Key changes
China work permit renewal applications for foreign national employees submitted after 28 February 2018 will not be accepted by the local Foreign Experts Bureau if the application is not submitted at least 30 days prior to the current work permit expiry. For foreign employees that do not meet this requirement, the work permit application will need to be submitted as if the employee were applying for the first time.
Key considerations of this policy change
Some of the key impacts to Chinese employers and foreign work permit holders as a result of this new deadline include:
Employers will need to decide whether to renew the work permit for their foreign employees much earlier prior the current work permit expiry;
Extension application must be filed at least 30 days prior to the expiry;
If a new work permit application is required, foreign employees would not have a valid work permit and residence permit to work in China legally during the processing time meaning both the business’ needs and the foreign employee’s working schedule will need to be managed.
EY’s view
The application process for a new work authorization will take significantly longer than a work permit renewal application. As such, Chinese entities that have foreign employees working in China will need to better manage their foreign employees’ work permit renewal process under the “30-day rule” so as to avoid the hassles and delays associated with re-applying for a new work authorization.
Based on discussions with local Expert Bureaus in different cities, we understand that the “30-day rule” may be open to interpretation in different ways in some cities. Some cities will require that a pre-approval application (i.e. online submission) is submitted at least 30 days prior to the permit expiry, and some cities have interpreted that the 30 day period begins from when the application paperwork is submitted, which is after the online application is approved. We suggest that employers confirm with their relevant local Expert Bureau how they will be enforcing the “30-day rule”.
Next Steps
Employers should review their existing policy and internal process of work permit renewal applications for foreign employees to ensure that the renewal process can accommodate the introduction of the “30-day rule”.
Should you have any queries with regard to this change, please do not hesitate to contact your EY representative, or one of the contacts listed below.
http://www.ey.com/gl/en/services/people ... plications
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:
anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I understand the difference btw Visa and Work Permit. I would say your your explanation is plausible but one other area that still makes this not entirely convincing is, assuming Mikel would be available for Serbia, why doesn't this particular situation also preclude him from the Serbia game. coming up just 4 days later? Can we assume that he would by now have sorted out the matter?

Going by what I heard from Toyin Ibitoye on the news earlier today, Mikel is a doubt for the Serbia game as well.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My only question to you guys defending Mikel is “ighalo” how did ighalo get into Poland easily without any hustle? Doesn’t ighalo and Mikel play at the same league? The simple fact is that if ighalo can get into Poland hastle free then Mikel can do the same as well
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:My only question to you guys defending Mikel is “ighalo” how did ighalo get into Poland easily without any hustle? Doesn’t ighalo and Mikel play at the same league? The simple fact is that if ighalo can get into Poland hastle free then Mikel can do the same as well
The only question for you is what is precluding you from comprehending everything that has been painstakingly explained here?
Are you a brick wall?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:
anointed wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Thanks for the response.

They are hoping it would be sorted out by then. He isn't a lock for that game

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

john12 wrote:My only question to you guys defending Mikel is “ighalo” how did ighalo get into Poland easily without any hustle? Doesn’t ighalo and Mikel play at the same league? The simple fact is that if ighalo can get into Poland hastle free then Mikel can do the same as well
Work permit is renewed at 'expiration'. Work permits don't expire at the same time for everyone.

Likely that Mikel's own is about to expire while Ighalo's own is still valid. Remember they did not start 'work' in China at the same time.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ok thanks make sense. But Mikel should had known this a month ago
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

john12 wrote:Ok thanks make sense. But Mikel should had known this a month ago
YES BUT there was a change in the RULE! He has no control over what the Chinese government decide to do with regards to work permit renewal. His own is to COMPLY.