How would you line up vs Poland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How would you line up vs Poland

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:Our biggest challenge is going to be Mikel’s substitute if the need arises. We have a big problem.
who can play that position for us? ( Etebo or Iwobi?) I think Alex is a better player when played as a striker ( support striker)
I suspect neither can play it well. But if those are the only options we have, then I will go with Etebo. Iwobi really struggled in that position against Senegal.

But thank God the coach is forced to try other options due to Mikel's forced absence.
Etebo is not fit, I believe was the report. And Poland is not Senegal. The pitch is different. We all saw Etebo struggle vs South Africa and stand up against Barcelona.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:At this point, I will take a goalless draw. The poles will be rampaging backed by a vociferous crowd and the weather will be cold. I want to see our defence stand up to give us an indication of what is to come in Russia in the summer. Rohr needs to start and keep Uzoho in goal.

It will be interesting to see how Balogun copes with pace, Ezenwa with ariel balls and our m/f retain ball possession (without mikel). To start off with a draw won't be a bad result.
Balogun cope with the pace of whom?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

papilo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Poland plays a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1, depending on whether they are attacking or defending.

I will go with a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.

-------------------------------Uzoho-----------------------------------

-------------------Balogun-------------------Ekong----------------------

---Shehu--------------------------------------------------------Aina-----

-------------------------------Ndidi-------------------------------------

-------------------Onazi---------------------Ogu----------------------

------Iwobi-----------------------------------------------Moses--------

-------------------------------Iheanacho--------------------------------

Or

--------------------Onazi-------------------Ndidi-------------------------

---------------------------------Iwobi------------------------------------

-------------Simon---------------------------------------Moses--------

No way I'm picking Shehu at right back when we have 3 natural right backs in camp.
Shehu has proven over the last 1 year to be our starting rightback. I know you have your own wishes, but it doesnt seem aligned with the coach's.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:Our biggest challenge is going to be Mikel’s substitute if the need arises. We have a big problem.
who can play that position for us? ( Etebo or Iwobi?) I think Alex is a better player when played as a striker ( support striker)
I suspect neither can play it well. But if those are the only options we have, then I will go with Etebo. Iwobi really struggled in that position against Senegal.

But thank God the coach is forced to try other options due to Mikel's forced absence.
maybe we go with a back 3 and flood the middle?
Flood the midfield against Poland? Why?

Have you seen our midfielders and compared them to Polands?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Maybe Joel...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Maybe Joel...
I think we have a flexible team. We do not have to force a formation, if the player key to that formation is not available.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Maybe Joel...
I think we have a flexible team. We do not have to force a formation, if the player key to that formation is not available.
Bingo!

Furthermore, Rohr will use these friendlies to experiment. I pity these teams who are scouting Nigeria because Rohr will not show his hand until the World Cup proper. That is where the Super Eagles will be unleashed.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Maybe Joel...
Bingo!

Furthermore, Rohr will use these friendlies to experiment. I pity these teams who are scouting Nigeria because Rohr will not show his hand until the World Cup proper. That is where the Super Eagles will be unleashed.
He better use these friendlies to do that experimenting, because if we try to spring some new formation after not trying it against credible opponents might spell disaster. Rohr tried different things in the beginning and eventually settled for his 4-3-3 and I think as a pragmatist for the most part he'll stick with that except against teams much better than us he might try the 5 in the back to contain them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

************************************************UZOHO********************************************************

EBUEHI***************************TROOST*******************BALOGUN************************************IDOWU

************************************NDIDI***************ONAZI**********************************************

*********************************************JOEL OBI*******************************************************

VICTOR MOSES**************************************************************************************ALEX IWOBI

**********************************************IGHALO********************************************************

SUBS

IHEANACHO
MOSES SIMON
OGU
AINA
AWAZIEM
MUSA
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

danfo driver wrote:
papilo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Poland plays a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1, depending on whether they are attacking or defending.

Or

No way I'm picking Shehu at right back when we have 3 natural right backs in camp.
Shehu has proven over the last 1 year to be our starting rightback. I know you have your own wishes, but it doesnt seem aligned with the coach's.
In the game against Argentina shehu was exposed as not good enough. Ebuehi excelled in the 2nd half, is the goal not to play the best or is the goal to stick with the norm. Shehu was a makeshift rb to begin with, the SE has discovered Ebuehi and you are still stuck on yesterday.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

9jaMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
papilo wrote:

Or

In the game against Argentina shehu was exposed as not good enough. Ebuehi excelled in the 2nd half, is the goal not to play the best or is the goal to stick with the norm. Shehu was a makeshift rb to begin with, the SE has discovered Ebuehi and you are still stuck on yesterday.

Lol. Rohr too is still stuck on yesterday. Make e pain you well well :lol:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You’re trying to drop shehu for one average performance giant Argentina despite the fact that he was our man of the match few times before that Argentina game smh
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
papilo wrote:

Or

Lol. Rohr too is still stuck on yesterday. Make e pain you well well :lol:

The list for first 11 SE in the first WC game is not out and you are concluding that Rohr agrees with your archaic views. Typical
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

9jaMan wrote:

The list for first 11 SE in the first WC game is not out and you are concluding that Rohr agrees with your archaic views. Typical
:taunt: :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Poland game I expect a lot of different formation.
I will like to see a 352 formation,Poland like this 4411 formation a lot.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

kajifu wrote:Poland game I expect a lot of different formation.
I will like to see a 352 formation,Poland like this 4411 formation a lot.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us in a 3-4-3 formation.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
papilo wrote: No way I'm picking Shehu at right back when we have 3 natural right backs in camp.
:agree:

Totally agree! If Ebuehi eventually wins the starting role, it's likely to be over the next few games...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

9jaMan wrote:In the game against Argentina shehu was exposed as not good enough. Ebuehi excelled in the 2nd half, is the goal not to play the best or is the goal to stick with the norm. Shehu was a makeshift rb to begin with, the SE has discovered Ebuehi and you are still stuck on yesterday.
Actually, the entire defense (to use your words) "was exposed as not good enough" in that first-half...

Granted that Ebuehi put in a better performance than Shehu after coming on in the 2H after Aguero's withdrawal (and frankly Aguero was the fulcrum of the Argies' attack that bamboozled our defense for large parts of the 1H), but Ebuehi has not just been "discovered". He has been with the team for over a year, during which time a supposedly "makeshift" Shehu has been preferred by Rohr. Of course, form oscillates and changes, but it is unlikely that any permanent change would be made relatively rashly on the basis of 45 minutes over the weeks and months of evaluation of both players.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

How Super Eagles Line Up In 4-2-3-1 Formation During Training Session, Idowu Picked Ahead Of Echiejile
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/22/ho ... echiejile/
March 22, 201801

Owngoalnigeria.com has obtained details of how the Super Eagles of Nigeria lined up in their evening training session yesterday which was supervised by coach Gernot Rohr.

The team had a practice game with coach Rohr separating the players into two teams for a practice game which ended 3-1 in favour of the team that looks likely to start.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa had his first session with the team, and he was in goal for the team many believe is the B team while Francis Odinaka Uzoho manned goal for the A team.

The shock inclusion in the A team was Brian Idowu who started as left back for the team that had lost of the likely starters. His selection ahead of Elderson Echiejile and Ola Aina was the only major change in the team A.

Line Up Team A:

Francis Odinaka Uzoho ( GK)

Shehu Abdullahi

Brian Idowu

Leon Balogun

William Troost-Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi

Ogenyi Onazi ( Joel Obi)

Alex Iwobi

Victor Moses

Odion Ighalo

Line Up Team B:

Ikechukwu Ezenwa ( GK)

Ola Aina

Elderson Echiejile

Chidozie Awaziem

Kenneth Omeruo

Uche Agbo

Joel Obi ( Eddy Onazi)

Moses Simon

Ahmed Musa

John Ogu

Shedrack Obi
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

No love for Kelechi abi na wetin?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I am just glad none of you is the coach of the team...I mean dang!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:I am just glad none of you is the coach of the team...I mean dang!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Abi
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Robbynice wrote:I am just glad none of you is the coach of the team...I mean dang!
Better than the coaches, we are fans - we 'own' the team! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL