Sunday Oliseh: I Refuse To Be Paid With Black Money

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sunday Oliseh: I Refuse To Be Paid With Black Money

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
Eclipse wrote:When some people on this site were recommending Sunday Oliseh goes and gets a mental health assessment or be put on drugs to sort out his "temper" i was shaking my head.
Football is a very corrupt business plus Fortuna Sittard were fined and docked points "just last season" due to financial irregularities but again people on this site ignored all this and sided with the club.

Two things were red flags that told me something untoward was up, the fact that the players were being co-erced..they did not volunteer, but were being co-erced to sign statements against Sunday told me some #$%-covering was going on. (this led to the turmoil in the dressing room allegedly as it was split down the middle) Plus, the fact that Sunday came back from the winter break to be told he had been dismissed only for that allegation to be refuted spoke volumes as well.

Say what you like about Oliseh, when he has walked away from roles or when he has kicked off, it was always for a valid reason from the ANC 2002 semi-final to his tenure with the Super Eagles as coach to this situation now. I wish him the best, he has proven himself and I await his next appointment eagerly.
Lets see how this goes, my only fear is that once it gets to court and arbitration its no longer about who is right or wrong per say, but more so about proving it with facts and documents and not just he said/she said, as the club seems to already be covering its arse...
You too dey fear, Sunday Oliseh is a material witness and what he says counts, it will only take two minutes for an auditor to find out where the cash payments went. Let an investigator ask for their books and see if they won't be shaking like Kongi.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Eclipse wrote:When some people on this site were recommending Sunday Oliseh goes and gets a mental health assessment or be put on drugs to sort out his "temper" i was shaking my head.
Football is a very corrupt business plus Fortuna Sittard were fined and docked points "just last season" due to financial irregularities but again people on this site ignored all this and sided with the club.

Two things were red flags that told me something untoward was up, the fact that the players were being co-erced..they did not volunteer, but were being co-erced to sign statements against Sunday told me some #$%-covering was going on. (this led to the turmoil in the dressing room allegedly as it was split down the middle) Plus, the fact that Sunday came back from the winter break to be told he had been dismissed only for that allegation to be refuted spoke volumes as well.

Say what you like about Oliseh, when he has walked away from roles or when he has kicked off, it was always for a valid reason from the ANC 2002 semi-final to his tenure with the Super Eagles as coach to this situation now. I wish him the best, he has proven himself and I await his next appointment eagerly.
Lets see how this goes, my only fear is that once it gets to court and arbitration its no longer about who is right or wrong per say, but more so about proving it with facts and documents and not just he said/she said, as the club seems to already be covering its arse...
You too dey fear, Sunday Oliseh is a material witness and what he says counts, it will only take two minutes for an auditor to find out where the cash payments went. Let an investigator ask for their books and see if they won't be shaking like Kongi.
:rotf: I hope so sha, but I'm sure they've gone out of their way to cover their nyash knowing ahead of time what he has against them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
They hired the wrong 9ja coach. :lol: :lol:

The body language alone tells you, that Oliseh is not about to agree with the other side.
Yes, they hired the wrong Nigerian coach in terms of refusing to be involved in 'black market' deals, else 'no', they tried to BULLY a wrong Nigerian coach who doesn't kiss ARSE and has done his job successfully. Thus, the battle is on. It seems my man will win this
but word out is, you used to kiss arse as well, literally speaking ... be honest
Ok; I used to! Thanks for reminding me of such, but if you ever become my boss, be careful not to treat me differently in comparison to other employees, else we will have a major problem and the company might fire you.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Oliseh should hire Uncle Gotti.... :idea:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

The two sides, might probably both be telling the truth. My fear for Oliseh, is that win or lose the arbitration. He will lose, in the bigger. If the Dutch are remotely close, to the white folks we have here. Oliseh should go, and dust his pundit resume. He will never coach again, at least not in Holland.

I pray for him, if he wins, we win as a country. However in my view, this could have been handled with an eye, on his future.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
They hired the wrong 9ja coach. :lol: :lol:

The body language alone tells you, that Oliseh is not about to agree with the other side.
Yes, they hired the wrong Nigerian coach in terms of refusing to be involved in 'black market' deals, else 'no', they tried to BULLY a wrong Nigerian coach who doesn't kiss ARSE and has done his job successfully. Thus, the battle is on. It seems my man will win this
This is true, but let's face it, Oliseh is not the typical Nigerian.
Out of 10 Nigeria coaches in his position, how many do you reckon would have gone this route?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

okidoki wrote:The two sides, might probably both be telling the truth. My fear for Oliseh, is that win or lose the arbitration. He will lose, in the bigger. If the Dutch are remotely close, to the white folks we have here. Oliseh should go, and dust his pundit resume. He will never coach again, at least not in Holland.

I pray for him, if he wins, we win as a country. However in my view, this could have been handled with an eye, on his future.
Why won't he coach again even in Holland? Should he have played ball because of his future? And perhaps end up in tax court? It's like standing his ground and refusing to be walked over is the crime here. If arbitration doesn't work, they can go to court. He just got denied several years of earnings and he should just go away quietly?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

One question I wish to ask. Would Fortuna Sittard have tried this nonsense with
an Oyibo coach?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ebyboy wrote:One question I wish to ask. Would Fortuna Sittard have tried this nonsense with
an Oyibo coach?
What nonsense?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

pajimoh wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:One question I wish to ask. Would Fortuna Sittard have tried this nonsense with
an Oyibo coach?
What nonsense?
Trying to dodge tax obligations by paying a coach cash under the table.
Among other things.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ebyboy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
an Oyibo coach?
What nonsense?
Trying to dodge tax obligations by paying a coach cash under the table.
Among other things.
But it's an allegation which was probably rejected. Oliseh spent at least 7 months with FS. How was he paid until the fallout?
White coaches fo get sacked. The case went to court and ruled against Sunday. It seems, unless he's willing to pursue it further, he's in the wrong
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I would like Oliseh to build a successful managerial career. It would be a shame for his undoubted ability to go to waste. Having said that, I'm glad that he's not in charge of the SE - could do without any camp drama on the approach to the WC in summer.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You guys still don’t get it.

It is not whether the club is right or wrong, it is about there being a proper way to go about doing things.

Oliseh has a history of not giving a damn about doing things the proper way.

Napalming every professional relationship on you way out shows a character flaw.

He is not the only Naijarian with principles.

Let the natives keep cheering him on. Even radioactive substances are handled with care much less professional relationships.

Hope he comes out on top.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

felarey wrote:See my brother holding his ground, Sunday Oliseh, the best thing to happen to Naija football in recent memory.
Either your memory is short or you mean his departure paved the way for Nigeria to eventually qualify for the World Cup.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The YeyeMan wrote:
felarey wrote:See my brother holding his ground, Sunday Oliseh, the best thing to happen to Naija football in recent memory.
Either your memory is short or you mean his departure paved the way for Nigeria to eventually qualify for the World Cup.
Dude, it's felarey. Logic flies above his head. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The YeyeMan wrote:
That is my opinion. Football is not everything and this is not the first time we're going to the WC. Oliseh's record with Naija is actually a decent one, both playing and coaching. He quit due to the environment his employer created for him, and the games were still there to qualify. He refused to play ball with agents and corrupt officials, that in itself is massive for Nigerian football. If the benefits haven't already been realized, they would be sooner than later.