Sunday Oliseh: I Refuse To Be Paid With Black Money

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

The Drama between erstwhile Nigerian Coach Sunday Oliseh and Ducth club Fortuna Sittard took another turn at the arbitration case Tuesday in Zeist

Oliseh and his former Employers faced each other and the worst reproaches flew over the table in an ugly scene of mainly mud throwing between the two parties.

It was a matter of dirty laundry hanging outside . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/sunday-ol ... ack-money/
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sunday Oliseh: I Refuse To Be Paid With Black Money

Post by Odas »

Certainly there is no more a good relationship between both parties, but the development seems a good one. Now we have idea of what both parties did or is accused of doing. Let's wait and see what happens at the end. It might still end-up in court where detailed evidence will be introduced and et al.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Oliseh is not crazy lol.

He is just one of the few people that would go this way.

I can tell you right now that at least one person in your personal circle is being employed by a company involved in shady practices!

This thing is VERY common! The only thing is the average person either continues to work for such an organization or resigns and keeps hush! Few people are like Oliseh and actually speak out.

I don't even have a large circle of people close to me and I personally know of at least four people that have been involved in shady organizations.

So what Oliseh is saying is 1000% believable to me.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

sheit don hit fan o. This is going to be interesting and I hope for Oliseh's sake he wins this case, otherwise......

Posted By: soccerasson: March 21, 2018In: Nigerian Soccer NewsNo Comments Print Email
The Drama between erstwhile Nigerian Coach Sunday Oliseh and Ducth club Fortuna Sittard took another turn at the arbitration case Tuesday in Zeist

Oliseh and his former Employers faced each other and the worst reproaches flew over the table in an ugly scene of mainly mud throwing between the two parties.

It was a matter of dirty laundry hanging outside of the outdoor category , where the dismissed trainer Sunday Oliseh and his former employer Fortuna Sittard went at each other open;ly with accusation and counter accusations

Although the coach’s contract was extended in 2017, the trainer could do little good in the eyes of his old employer – despite all good results.

Oliseh on his part accused the Jupiler league club for all sorts of extra-legal things

The former ajax and Juventus player accused Fortuna owner Isitan Gün of making cash payments to players and proposing to the trainer to also take that money himself. The coach refused that, because he said he did not want any problems with the tax authorities. He was also ‘obliged’ to set up certain players during competitions.

Oliseh also revealed that a player broker would have shares in the club, which is in violation of the rules of FIFA.
Speaking on fox sports Oliseh clearly said “ I will not be paid with Blood Money” The evidence and paperwork has been handed over. ”
On its part Fortuna denied the trainer’s allegations. There are nineteen signed statements against Oliseh’s hard practice. Among other things, captain Perr Schuurs has stated in writing that the atmosphere has improved a lot since his departure.

Furthermore, two assistants left, Oliseh grabbed the caregiver by his throat and completely ignored the goalkeeper coach, according to Fortuna. Former players and the interpreter were often belittled by the trainer.

The arbitration was set up for both parties to settle the dispute amicably but both did not manage to reach an agreement on the settlement of the employment that ended in February.

The case was adjourned and a final decision will be issued within four weeks.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:Oliseh is not crazy lol.

I can tell you right now that at least one person in your personal circle is being employed by a company involved in shady practices!

This thing is VERY common! The only thing is the average person either continues to work for such an organization or resigns and keeps hush! Few people are like Oliseh and actually speak out.

I don't even have a large circle of people close to me and I personally know of at least four people that have been involved in shady organizations.

... me too, but let's wait and see what happens. I think the club did what coach is accusing them of having done.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
They hired the wrong 9ja coach. :lol: :lol:

The body language alone tells you, that Oliseh is not about to agree with the other side.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Odas wrote:

... me too, but let's wait and see what happens. I think the club did what coach is accusing them of having done.
So do you think the players who are being paid on the side would want to lose their cash cow or fall foul of the law by admitting they were paid off record?

I hope someone would break ranks and back him up if it's true and I hope for his sake he didn't grab anyone by the throat.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Kabalega wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The body language alone tells you, that Oliseh is not about to agree with the other side.
Omo, the expression on his face and his 'body language' in that picture
speaks volumes.

I pray that he is vindicated.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ebyboy wrote:

speaks volumes.

From praising God on Tweeter after setting record to the sack and a court room, shocking.

He should only be vindicated if he's in the right. It might also come at a cost. We know how Bosman turned out.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

pajimoh wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:

speaks volumes.

From praising God on Tweeter after setting record to the sack and a court room, shocking.

He should only be vindicated if he's in the right. It might also come at a cost. We know how Bosman turned out.
Its not an entirely implausible sequence of events even for biblical heroes and heroines.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:

I feel so too, instinctively.
But the counter-accusations at him had better not be true.
When you re-watch that video of the on-field mid-season celebrations in front of the home fans, Oliseh with his players, his insistence on his coaching crew being acknowledged to the point of him going to drag them from where they were standing, it is hard to believe the accusations against him.

But strange things happen and like someone said earlier, there might be few ready to stick their necks out in his defence.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What does he mean by "blood money"? That is almost a ritualistic term
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

When some people on this site were recommending Sunday Oliseh goes and gets a mental health assessment or be put on drugs to sort out his "temper" i was shaking my head.
Football is a very corrupt business plus Fortuna Sittard were fined and docked points "just last season" due to financial irregularities but again people on this site ignored all this and sided with the club.

Two things were red flags that told me something untoward was up, the fact that the players were being co-erced..they did not volunteer, but were being co-erced to sign statements against Sunday told me some #$%-covering was going on. (this led to the turmoil in the dressing room allegedly as it was split down the middle) Plus, the fact that Sunday came back from the winter break to be told he had been dismissed only for that allegation to be refuted spoke volumes as well.

Say what you like about Oliseh, when he has walked away from roles or when he has kicked off, it was always for a valid reason from the ANC 2002 semi-final to his tenure with the Super Eagles as coach to this situation now. I wish him the best, he has proven himself and I await his next appointment eagerly.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eclipse wrote:When some people on this site were recommending Sunday Oliseh goes and gets a mental health assessment or be put on drugs to sort out his "temper" i was shaking my head.
Football is a very corrupt business plus Fortuna Sittard were fined and docked points "just last season" due to financial irregularities but again people on this site ignored all this and sided with the club.

Two things were red flags that told me something untoward was up, the fact that the players were being co-erced..they did not volunteer, but were being co-erced to sign statements against Sunday told me some #$%-covering was going on. (this led to the turmoil in the dressing room allegedly as it was split down the middle) Plus, the fact that Sunday came back from the winter break to be told he had been dismissed only for that allegation to be refuted spoke volumes as well.

Say what you like about Oliseh, when he has walked away from roles or when he has kicked off, it was always for a valid reason from the ANC 2002 semi-final to his tenure with the Super Eagles as coach to this situation now. I wish him the best, he has proven himself and I await his next appointment eagerly.
Lets see how this goes, my only fear is that once it gets to court and arbitration its no longer about who is right or wrong per say, but more so about proving it with facts and documents and not just he said/she said, as the club seems to already be covering its arse...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Meanwhile the team is still doing really well since he left - I don't think they've lost a match.

His sack seems to have reinvigorated the team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Odas wrote:

So do you think the players who are being paid on the side would want to lose their cash cow or fall foul of the law by admitting they were paid off record?

I hope someone would break ranks and back him up if it's true and I hope for his sake he didn't grab anyone by the throat.
Who knows! That is the problem. In court, if it gets there, they will be cross-examined and somewhere along the line, one of them will say the truth or make mistake and the Can of worm will eventually open. From there, many people will run for cover, including the club officials :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I no go lie , Sunday nah strong man, a real naija boy, bobo aint going down without a fight, i careless , i dey support my own ..win or lose Sunday is still a legend
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yes, they hired the wrong Nigerian coach in terms of refusing to be involved in 'black market' deals, else 'no', they tried to BULLY a wrong Nigerian coach who doesn't kiss ARSE and has done his job successfully. Thus, the battle is on. It seems my man will win this
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:

Yes, they hired the wrong Nigerian coach in terms of refusing to be involved in 'black market' deals, else 'no', they tried to BULLY a wrong Nigerian coach who doesn't kiss ARSE and has done his job successfully. Thus, the battle is on. It seems my man will win this
but word out is, you used to kiss arse as well, literally speaking ... be honest
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

I feel so too, instinctively.
But the counter-accusations at him had better not be true.
When you re-watch that video of the on-field mid-season celebrations in front of the home fans, Oliseh with his players, his insistence on his coaching crew being acknowledged to the point of him going to drag them from where they were standing, it is hard to believe the accusations against him.

But strange things happen and like someone said earlier, there might be few ready to stick their necks out in his defence.
Damunk, all the points you stated is why we should still keep our fingers crossed and wait. While coach Oliseh might be saying the truth, the club might also be saying the truth with their accusations. The problem for the club is, if coach Oliseh is correct, it explains why the club retaliated and et al.

Here in America, the players will be interviewed (privately) and deals will be made with some of them. To escape prison terms in exchange for saying the truth, many of the players will open-up. That is where the 'soup will be spilled' against the club and from there, the club officials are doomed.
Last edited by Odas on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:

The Steve Urkel to the right of him with a dye job on his hair is a concern though.
Does the guy have this attention to detail to everything or just his looks?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

lekanlij wrote:Meanwhile the team is still doing really well since he left - I don't think they've lost a match.

His sack seems to have reinvigorated the team.
I don't know if that is a compliment or a back handed slap in Oliseh's face. Considering he is the one that went in there and dragged them up from the verge of relegation to where they currently are when other's couldn't (the new guy has been in charge of something like 8 games), I hope its not! :| :|
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

See my brother holding his ground, Sunday Oliseh, the best thing to happen to Naija football in recent memory. They thought they could continue with monkey business with a Naija man in charge not knowing my brother is very principled. In all his battles, he has always been proven right. He's already paid the price for what the team are accusing him of, it's called "contract termination". Their accusations seem like routine issues within the scope of the club or league to deal with. But his accusations of illegality will definitely have them in a hole.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS