WILFRED NDIDI - Welcome To Liverpool FC • Insane Defensive S

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
WILFRED NDIDI - Welcome To Liverpool FC • Insane Defensive S

Post by Jmal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WILFRED NDIDI - Welcome To Liverpool FC • Insane Defensi

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi will not get any better by staying in the Epl, he needs to go to Spain. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

As both a Liverpool and NDidi fan, I'm still not convinced NDIDI will fit nicely into the Liverpool team. I'm hoping though that Klopp can help smooth out his remaining rough edges to get him from good to great (like he's done Salah and the OX). As is, Ndidi doesn't quite fit the system.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Jmal wrote:

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Liverpool gets Ndidi and with Naby coming in next season, the PL will be majorly interesting.

Man C/LPool/Man U.

Chelsea can continue to drink substandard water.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo wrote:
Jmal wrote:

[/video]
min 1.40 :clap: :clap: :clap: this guy can break up play like no tomorrow, the game vs Chelsea last weekend, my goodness, the amount of plays he broke, worldclass.. so impressed with this supereagle
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chelsea is there drinking water and baka yokoing about.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:Chelsea is there drinking water and baka yokoing about.
can you imagine, this guy along with Kante would have been the best pair in the league
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

A while back, someone on here foolishly said well maybe his tackling stats are due to Leicester being under more pressure than other teams.

but when you watch the guy again and again and again and again! His attributes are not testament to the conditions he is playing in! Hence the diversity of sources that are interested in him!

The guy has ability! And that is not a product of his circumstance!

Until I came across the likes of Kante and Ndidi, I never even knew that tackles could be like art. This isn't statistical padding, this guy is a machine! And there is obviously more to his game than that.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Tbite wrote:A while back, someone on here foolishly said well maybe his tackling stats are due to Leicester being under more pressure than other teams.

but when you watch the guy again and again and again and again! His attributes are not testament to the conditions he is playing in! Hence the diversity of sources that are interested in him!

Until I came across the likes of Kante and Ndidi, I never even knew that tackles could be like art. This isn't statistical padding, this guy is a machine! And there is obviously more to his game than that.
:clap: :clap: :thumbs: This your post sweet my belle no be small.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Remember when I called Ndidi "our best midfielder" months ago, and people were twerking "up an dan" :D

Anyway, his rise doesnt surprise me. I knew how good he will become from the first time I saw him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

oloye wrote:Chelsea is there drinking water and baka yokoing about.
...after being maga'd at Barkley's Bank...
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kai Liverpool don win EPL ooooh next season.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Tbite wrote:A while back, someone on here foolishly said well maybe his tackling stats are due to Leicester being under more pressure than other teams.

Ndidi is hands down our most complete player and my preferred choice for next Super Eagles captain.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Scouting Wilfred Ndidi: Could Leicester midfielder be the man for Liverpool’s No. 6 role?
James Nalton
@JDNalton
Opinion, 22 March 2018

There’s no doubt that Liverpool’s midfield ranks need bolstering with extra quality.

The club are yet to replace the creativity Philippe Coutinho brought to this area, and are still without an out-and-out defensive midfielder who can be the difference between a top-four push and a title challenge.

If Emre Can leaves, then the midfield will need a complete rebuild, and there would be no better player to lay the foundations than Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi.

Liverpool have been scouting Ndidi for some time, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them make a move for him this summer.

No Kante Clone

Ndidi has, naturally, been compared with the man he replaced at Leicester, N’Golo Kante, but their physical differences mean they are different types of defensive midfielder.

Kante is the Mascherano type: a small player who possesses great reading of the game and uses this anticipation along with his quickness to get around the pitch making tackles and interceptions, before initiating attacks.

Ndidi, on the other hand, is a much taller player, and his 6’2″ frame means he is naturally better in the air and able to protect his defence both aerially and on the deck.

He’s more similar in style to a player such as Steven N’Zonzi.

There are similarities between them in terms of the ability to anticipate opposition attacks and clear up in midfield, but their different physiques mean they go about this slightly differently.

Ndidi isn’t as quick or as snappy as Kante, but he makes up for this in other areas.

Up In The Air

The Nigerian is one of the best midfielders in the league when it comes to winning aerial duels.

This type header-winning shield in front of the defence is something Liverpool have lacked since Lucas Leiva left, and though Can should be able to perform this role, the recent game against Man United showed there are still problems in this area.

Romelu Lukaku was able to dominate the space just in front of the centre-backs, regularly drawing Dejan Lovren out of position, creating space for Marcus Rashford who was able to put Liverpool to the sword.

Signing a player like Ndidi would help the Reds pick up points in these games, rather than be overturned easily by more powerful opposition.

West Ham midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate is the only player with a better aerial record than Ndidi, and the Leicester man wins an average of 3.6 aerial duels per 90 minutes, which is much better than Jordan Henderson’s 1.2 and Can’s two.

Ndidi wins 60 percent of his headers, compared to Can’s 48 percent.

Henderson wins 75 percent of his aerial duels, but he is much less involved in this area of the game and isn’t a player who will support the defence in this manner.

Incidentally, Marko Grujic is putting up some impressive numbers in this area of the game during his time on loan at Cardiff, and could be a useful backup in the position should Klopp decide to use him in the first-team squad next season.

The Serbian wins 6.7 headers per 90 minutes for Cardiff and has a success rate of 70 percent.

On top of all this, Ndidi leads the Premier League in tackles per 90 minutes, and has made more tackles than any other player in the division with 125.

It would be pointless comparing him with Liverpool players in this regard as Klopp’s side have much more possession, meaning less tackling needs to be done, but these numbers show how good the former Genk man is in this part of the game.

A Passing Problem?

For the same reasons, it would be unfair to judge Ndidi against Liverpool players in terms of passing ability as his team don’t control games like Liverpool do.

His pass success of just 77 percent is poor in comparison, and this would be one area of the game where he may have to adapt, and get used to keeping possession as well as the counter-attacking play he already has some experience of.

His pass map from Leicester’s most recent league game against West Brom shows some contributions to buildup play, but lower accuracy when it comes to finding players further up the pitch:

Despite this poor passing percentage, he does have three assists this season while Henderson has just the one.

Can has four but most of these have come from more advanced midfield positions, save for one lofted pass over the top to Mohamed Salah.

Eye Test

A player with good reading of the game, but one who also has enough speed to get back should the first attempt at an intervention not be successful.

He needs to improve some areas of his passing game, including pass selection and timing of through balls, but his accuracy should improve once he’s at a team which dominates games.

He likes to roam forward from his defensive midfield position if given the opportunity, and will dribble past a player if needed. This means that others may have to cover for him on occasions.

He’s right-footed but will use his left, and has a powerful shot similar to Can.

The aerial ability discussed previously means he could also be a threat at attacking set-pieces.

Leicester play a midfield two more often than not, so adapting to being the lone defensive midfielder may take some getting used to, but the use of a shuttling player alongside him would help.

Character References

Genk’s former development coach, and now assistant manager Domenico Olivieri:

“My first impression of him? I didn’t have that feeling: ‘Wow, this is a super talented guy’.

“Not a player we had to sign immediately but one worth following. His jumping ability was phenomenal but in the passing exercises he was struggling a bit.

“After an exhibition game against Maastricht I changed my mind. That was the first time he gave me the impression he could become a top player.

“He thrived in ball-winning. His long legs were everywhere. Octopus-like. He was open-minded, too. He immediately integrated in the group, was open for advice and his work ethic was outstanding.”

Former Nigeria international Celestine Babayaro, speaking to OwnGoal Nigeria:

“There’s a large difference in the way he plays and that of Kante.

“Probably similarities in terms of winning duels, but aerially Ndidi is better and a little bit more assured in position and very good at trying his luck from range.

“He is a bit like Patrick Vieira but not so much, but he looks every inch like [Yaya] Toure in his prime, leggy, strong and shoots a lot. Toure was like that while at Monaco.

“Ndidi has improved a lot in the last few months. His ability on and off the ball has greatly improved in England. Most people doubted him but I never did.”

Bonus Points

There are also several other things in Ndidi’s favour when asking the question: would he be good enough for Liverpool?

For a start he’s only 21, and a player who possesses his tenacity and drive at such a young age will be willing to learn and adapt to the methods of a manager like Klopp.

He has played games at centre-back during his younger days, and his career heat map looks like a round of toast. Another positive.

His ceiling is not yet known, but give him a year under the tutelage of Klopp and his coaching team and he could emerge as a transfer which is as important, and successful, as those of Salah, Roberto Firmino, Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita.

Modern Liverpool have long needed a solid backbone which will allow them to challenge for titles.

In the shape of Firmino, Keita, Ndidi, Van Dijk, another midfielder and another centre-back, Klopp is slowly building a title-challenging squad.

Add another forward to support Firmino, and a revived Loris Karius on top of a possible new signing between the sticks this summer, and the core pieces are beginning to fall into place.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/03/w ... ut-report/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Thanks txj, that is a really good synopsis of our boy. The potential is there, and he seems open to advise and is improving on his problem areas, the boy will be a force for years to come!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Bonus Points

There are also several other things in Ndidi’s favour when asking the question: would he be good enough for Liverpool?

LOL. The question is -- "would Liverpool be good enough for Ndidi"

I am not saying this as a Nigeria, or trying to be nasty. But by the Grace of God, he will have an outrageously successful world cup. As that point, Liverpool will stand no chance. I advice them to try to lock him down before the world cup.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote: Bonus Points

LOL. The question is -- "would Liverpool be good enough for Ndidi"

I am not saying this as a Nigeria, or trying to be nasty. But by the Grace of God, he will have an outrageously successful world cup. As that point, Liverpool will stand no chance. I advice them to try to lock him down before the world cup.

my thoughts exactly, If our players do well in Russia, omo they will be highly sorted after.. thank goodness no my issues with AFCON no longer in January... this will only get better
SuperEagles

JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

As a Liverpool fan, I have been hoping for this to happen. I think we should raid Leicester and get Ndidi and Mahrez. Ndidi is among the top 3 players in the world in his position. His game will blossom even more at Liverpool. With Naby K on his way, if we get Ndidi, Mahrez and Oblak (please Lord), we can win the Premiership next season, Man City not withstanding.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »