Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cu

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:
A yes to Nigeria would have been a no to England. I hardly think any English born up and coming player in his right senses with such momentum behind him would have rejected England at the time. If the boy wants to play for Nigeria, it's his birth right and I'm sure the coaching crew would welcome the decision regardless of what anybody here thinks. All this WC chance is overrated nonsense.
Alex Iwobi?
Victor Moses?
Both were not born in England!!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:
mystic wrote:
okidoki wrote:Don’t like his attitude, but he can play. Very strong and forceful on the ball. Won’t mind him tying him down, for the future.

If his interest is genuine we can look into his case after the World Cup.

He was offered a chance to be part of our project in the early stages of of building our team but chose to turn up his nose at us. Now that the heavy lifting has been done he wants to come and reap where he did not sow?

Na lie!
A yes to Nigeria would have been a no to England. I hardly think any English born up and coming player in his right senses with such momentum behind him would have rejected England at the time. If the boy wants to play for Nigeria, it's his birth right and I'm sure the coaching crew would welcome the decision regardless of what anybody here thinks. All this WC chance is overrated nonsense.
Alex Iwobi?
Victor Moses?
Damunk,

TBH, those two were clearly not at the height of their game when Nigeria brought them in. Iwobi was battling to make it as a squad member of Arsenal at the time and Victor Moses was ignored at the senior level for England. IMHO, those situations may have been crucial in their decisions to choose Nigeria. Although in Iwobi's case you could argue that his father may have played a role but then Alex made decisions to play for England at the youth levels when Nigeria was an option.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
oloye wrote:Na lie..na lie..he should go and play for England.
the boy has improved
AFTER the world cup, if he is willing to come for the ANCQ i wouldn't be against calling him up
Same goes for Abraham

And who are you going to drop from the team to accomodate Ibe and Abraham?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

felarey wrote:
mystic wrote:
okidoki wrote:Don’t like his attitude, but he can play. Very strong and forceful on the ball. Won’t mind him tying him down, for the future.

If his interest is genuine we can look into his case after the World Cup.

He was offered a chance to be part of our project in the early stages of of building our team but chose to turn up his nose at us. Now that the heavy lifting has been done he wants to come and reap where he did not sow?

Na lie!

It's nobody's birthright to play for Nigeria. Rather it's a privilege and an honor.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

john12 wrote:Shameless non-principle/procedure Nyash. “He can play” and you don’t mind him playing. The same guy that denied his country and dissociate himself from us by changing name pronounciation is who you don’t mind calling. I hope his agent returns his money because his not going to Russia 2018. After World Cup, if he is good enough he can come. Enough of these shameless agents, pimps, Oloshos, prospitutes derailing our World Cup
If only there is a competitive game like an ANCQ before the world cup we could've capped him there and tied him down for use after the world cup.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

All these emotionally charged responses are sickening. The real question is can Ibe improve the SE? Is Ibe better than Simon and Musa? In my opinion Ibe currently offers way more than Simon and Musa so if the Coach wants him and he agree to play for SE, then so be it. The SE needs the best players. End of story.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

9jaMan wrote:All these emotionally charged responses are sickening. The real question is can Ibe improve the SE? Is Ibe better than Simon and Musa? In my opinion Ibe currently offers way more than Simon and Musa so if the Coach wants him and he agree to play for SE, then so be it. The SE needs the best players. End of story.
Let him go and improve England..some of you people have no sense of dignity. Let him shove his improvement up his arse!

It is not only when someone openly insults you that you should take offence, when someone feels you are only good for second option, heck that is an insult. Let them f... Off,yes that is emotionally charged response to an ashawo of a footballer who points to his father's house with a left finger...the yoruba call them the kind of name even the language monitors of this forum will not print.

There are many better players coming behind them,these two should be used as a scape goat to tell others make up your mind and make us your number one priority, we wont settle for second. That is not too much or too hard to ask as a nation with dignity and pride!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Damunk wrote:Ibe is one player that will NOT be made to feel welcome if he tries it.
He went too far to disown us.
Nigerians come swear for am.
What did he say?
From Ibe to Iybe or na Aibee.....you sef do i have to spell evwrything for you :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The hybe is getting too much.

There seems to be more than meets the Eyeb in this matter.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We have to be very careful, not to sow bad blood. Some have worked hard to ensure qualifications, some want to reap where they have not sown.

What we don't want is someone who is will pick and choose national assignments.

He is still young. Time to join the qualification race for the next WC.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

fabio wrote:We have to be very careful, not to sow bad blood. Some have worked hard to ensure qualifications, some want to reap where they have not sown.

Wow, did you say reap and sow ? In soccer? :rotf: Football is about winning and finding the best players, all those players that played in the qualifiers got paid. If a better player is discovered a day to the WC then the better player gets the nod. No such thing as reap and sow, y'all need to quit this "reserving shirts for players because they played in qualifiers" mentality, it only leads to 2nd round exit from the WC. Focus on the "current" "best"(numbers don't lie) and see the SE attain new heights.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

4119 want to introduce him to naija, just dont give anyone money to play o
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The ultimate headless chicken.
Expert at leaving express road and running into cul-de-sac.
Pls let him be, I beg.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

9jaMan wrote:
Wow, did you say reap and sow ? In soccer? :rotf: Football is about winning and finding the best players, all those players that played in the qualifiers got paid. If a better player is discovered a day to the WC then the better player gets the nod. No such thing as reap and sow, y'all need to quit this "reserving shirts for players because they played in qualifiers" mentality, it only leads to 2nd round exit from the WC. Focus on the "current" "best"(numbers don't lie) and see the SE attain new heights.
Football is about team chemistry not the best players... Aimé Jacquet won the WC with the best team not with the best players!!
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I am surprised Jordon Iyb is generating this amount of heat here.
I almost thought we were discussing Dele Alli.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ebyboy wrote:I am surprised Jordon Iyb is generating this amount of heat here.
I almost thought we were discussing Dele Alli.
A lot of that heat is down to anger.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

9jaMan wrote:
fabio wrote:We have to be very careful, not to sow bad blood. Some have worked hard to ensure qualifications, some want to reap where they have not sown.

First of all, football also involves chemistry and team spirit. It's a TEAM sport, not a sport of individuals. Yes we want our best players, but those best players must be committed to the cause, have a single minded unity of purpose and must work in unison when on the pitch. Anything else simply will not cut it. After all, we have seen many talented teams (including Nigerian teams) achieve diddly-squat at the World Cup because their team chemistry wasn't right; because of infighting in their ranks; or because of that lack of a United purpose or focus that all winning teams must have.

Secondly, do not undersell what our team accomplished in qualifying. You will probably protest that you are not doing so. But from your remarks you clearly don't understand how good our team proved to be in qualifying out of a historically difficult group that featured 4 Nations Cup winners. Believe me, what we did was not easy, even if we made it look so by qualifying with a game to spare. And just think, if not for our goalkeeping issues (which gave rise to blunders from Ezenwa away at Cameroon and Algeria) we'd have probably come through with a hundred percent record. That's how good our team was in qualifying, not only because of talent, but more critically because of team chemistry and unity of purpose.

In short, we finally have a TEAM. So forgive us for not being in a haste to rubber stamp unnecessary changes to our squad. Mind you, we are well aware that all teams must continue to improve and evolve; and new players must always be brought in to push the incumbents and plug loopholes (and that is currently happening with the likes of Francis Uzoho, Brian Idowu, Joel Obi, Junior Ajayi and others being brought into the mix). So the argument here is not about retaining the same set of players that qualified us for the World Cup at all cost. But we must be careful that the changes that we make are necessary and actually improve the team, rather than subtract from it.

As for Jordan Ibe, I do not see any wisdom in bringing in a player at the eleventh hour, who didn't want to be part of the team in the first place. And your not just bringing him in, but GUARANTEEING him a spot? I'm sorry but that is pure foolishness.

Now if he has changed his mind and genuinely wants to turn out for Nigeria, that's fine. After all, d#$% Etuhu and Shola Ameobi both turned us down yet eventually wore the green, white and green. But if we have any sense at all, he will not be going to the World Cup.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mystic wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

First of all, football also involves chemistry and team spirit. It's a TEAM sport, not a sport of individuals. Yes we want our best players, but those best players must be committed to the cause, have a single minded unity of purpose and must work in unison when on the pitch. Anything else simply will not cut it. After all, we have seen many talented teams (including Nigerian teams) achieve diddly-squat at the World Cup because their team chemistry wasn't right; because of infighting in their ranks; or because of that lack of a United purpose or focus that all winning teams must have.

Secondly, do not undersell what our team accomplished in qualifying. You will probably protest that you are not doing so. But from your remarks you clearly don't understand how good our team proved to be in qualifying out of a historically difficult group that featured 4 Nations Cup winners. Believe me, what we did was not easy, even if we made it look so by qualifying with a game to spare. And just think, if not for our goalkeeping issues (which gave rise to blunders from Ezenwa away at Cameroon and Algeria) we'd have probably come through with a hundred percent record. That's how good our team was in qualifying, not only because of talent, but more critically because of team chemistry and unity of purpose.

In short, we finally have a TEAM. So forgive us for not being in a haste to rubber stamp unnecessary changes to our squad. Mind you, we are well aware that all teams must continue to improve and evolve; and new players must always be brought in to push the incumbents and plug loopholes (and that is currently happening with the likes of Francis Uzoho, Brian Idowu, Joel Obi, Junior Ajayi and others being brought into the mix). So the argument here is not about retaining the same set of players that qualified us for the World Cup at all cost. But we must be careful that the changes that we make are necessary and actually improve the team, rather than subtract from it.

As for Jordan Ibe, I do not see any wisdom in bringing in a player at the eleventh hour, who didn't want to be part of the team in the first place. And your not just bringing him in, but GUARANTEEING him a spot? I'm sorry but that is pure foolishness.

Now if he has changed his mind and genuinely wants to turn out for Nigeria, that's fine. After all, d#$% Etuhu and Shola Ameobi both turned us down yet eventually wore the green, white and green. But if we have any sense at all, he will not be going to the World Cup.

You are making sense, unlike the previous reaping and sowing statement from the other CE, all I am saying is in my humble opinion, Ibe offers more than Simon and Musa, and just like idowu and ozoho are helping to improve SE, Ibe will be a better player in the bench than Simon. If random idowu can become a part of SE mad quick, I don't see why Ibe cannot blend with other SE players. Ibe can relate with V.moses, iwobi, Balogun, etc, and become a team player. Chemistry is over rated. These are professional ballers, a few practice sessions and it's all gravy.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ibe doesn’t offer more than musa. Stop suffering from colonial mentality. What has one achieved compared to musa to make such an egregious statement?? How many titles has Ibe won? How many goals at World Cup?
Last edited by john12 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Goldleaf wrote:The ultimate headless chicken.
Expert at leaving express road and running into cul-de-sac.
Pls let him be, I beg.
Not any more
There’s more end product to his game these days
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

9jaMan wrote:
mystic wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You are making sense, unlike the previous reaping and sowing statement from the other CE, all I am saying is in my humble opinion, Ibe offers more than Simon and Musa, and just like idowu and ozoho are helping to improve SE, Ibe will be a better player in the bench than Simon. If random idowu can become a part of SE mad quick, I don't see why Ibe cannot blend with other SE players. Ibe can relate with V.moses, iwobi, Balogun, etc, and become a team player. Chemistry is over rated. These are professional ballers, a few practice sessions and it's all gravy.

Chemistry is not overrated. The intangibles aspects of sports usually make the difference. Teams do not overcome adversity if the intangibles aren't present. This is often why talented teams flop, while teams that are perceived to have less talent punch above their weight.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mystic wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
mystic wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Chemistry is not overrated. The intangibles aspects of sports usually make the difference. Teams do not overcome adversity if the intangibles aren't present. This is often why talented teams flop, while teams that are perceived to have less talent punch above their weight.

Chemistry can be attained in a few training sessions, thus it's overrated. Intangibles only count when other factors including talented players are in place. No chemistry or intangibles in the world will win Togo the World cup. Meanwhile according to reports Joel obi is making an instant impact (chemistry) and influencing results in training. Simple and plain
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

9jaMan wrote:

Chemistry can be attained in a few training sessions, thus it's overrated. Intangibles only count when other factors including talented players are in place. No chemistry or intangibles in the world will win Togo the World cup. Meanwhile according to reports Joel obi is making an instant impact (chemistry) and influencing results in training. Simple and plain
Chemistry can not and will not be attained in a few training sessions.... Joel has been in and out of the team due to injuries!