Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cup...

Post by Enugu II »

Bournemouth star Jordon Ibe offered chance to turn back on England and play for Nigeria at World Cup in Russia
EXCLUSIVE
By Warren Haughton
21st March 2018, 9:01 amUpdated: 21st March 2018, 9:01 am
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... world-cup/

JORDON IBE has been offered the chance to turn his back on England and play for Nigeria at the World Cup.

The London-born winger, who qualifies through his dad, is being eyed by the Super Eagles ahead of the big kick-off in Russia.

Ibe, 22, was contacted by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) for an initial conversation about his international prospects while a teenager at Liverpool.

The NFF made contact again shortly after his move from Liverpool to Bournemouth for £15million in 2016.

However, the youngster wanted to fully focus on settling into life under Eddie Howe at the Vitality.

He never closed the door on one day representing Nigeria at senior level.

Ibe has not ruled out forcing his way into Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions set up.

But Nigeria want to fast-track him into their squad.

The attacker has starred for England from Under-18 to Under-21 level.

After a tough first season on the South Coast, Ibe has enjoyed a good run of form recently and starred in the wins against Chelsea and Stoke.

Ibe was on target for the Cherries in Saturday’s win at home against West Brom.

But Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr has dangled the carrot of a World Cup in front of Ibe at the end of the season, and it is an offer being taken seriously.

Ibe has made 27 league appearances scoring two goals with six assists this season and has played a key role in Bournemouth’s charge into the Premier League top ten.

Meanwhile former Manchester United and West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison is to hold talks about representing Jamaica at senior level.

The 25-year-old currently with Mexican outfit Atlas was capped by England at several youth levels and won four Under-21 caps.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cu

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Fake news! :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who made the latest offer? Liars, we got enough forward, and some to dash dem englanders.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ba,stard liar :veryangry: :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ibe is one player that will NOT be made to feel welcome if he tries it.
He went too far to disown us.
Nigerians come swear for am.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Fake news! :boo:
Agent at work. Where is Chief John12 and Oga 1Naija? Abeg make una com hia com help me with dis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I won't put it past an NFF official to make such offer to the guy, even though the official is not in the capacity to make such decision.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:shock: Agent?

Odas wrote:
Agent at work. Where is Chief John12 and Oga 1Naija? Abeg make una com hia com help me with dis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...who made the latest offer? Liars, we got enough forward, and some to dash dem englanders.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very soon, coach Rohr will make offer to me as well because this is a World cup year. When Russia is come and gone, all these fake news will stop - yeye people.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:

They've used Damunkey to silence us. If we talk, Damunkey will start a poll on how to address our calling out agents. If you notice you will see that they've been emboldened, all thanks to DAMUNKEY!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Maybe it is Jordon who is trying to hype himself here or perhaps some agent has paid off The Sun's reporter, Mr. Haughton. Take your pick. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Perhaps, John12 and 1naija will realize that the agents have expanded their campaign to cover the global media.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:Maybe it is Jordon who is trying to hype himself here or perhaps some agent has paid off The Sun's reporter, Mr. Haughton. Take your pick. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Perhaps, John12 and 1naija will realize that the agents have expanded their campaign to cover the global media.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are you suggesting they go global?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:Maybe it is Jordon who is trying to hype himself here or perhaps some agent has paid off The Sun's reporter, Mr. Haughton. Take your pick. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Perhaps, John12 and 1naija will realize that the agents have expanded their campaign to cover the global media.
We will sniff them out no matter how they hide themselves.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

asabatex wrote::shock: Agent?

Odas wrote:

Anti-Agents
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The HYBE is too much
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are you suggesting they go global?
They probably have with this article in a UK newspaper. They are no longer content with dealing with the Owngoal.com and AllNigeriansoccer.com. My worry is whether John12 and 1Naija have enough in their arsenal to sniff these guys out as the heat has increased. :rotf:
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Paid advert by agents :). No be only carrot, na pear! We are struggling to prune down the team so no Russia carrot for anyone.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The boy can play! If he makes a U-turn and opts for SE we should take him like the prodigal son. Truth is, he's good and has been playing well lately. But this talk of WC place needs to stop. I don't think any right thinking person makes a career decision based one WC place. The talk is a tad disrespectful to the players that won the ticket.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:The boy can play! If he makes a U-turn and opts for SE we should take him like the prodigal son. Truth is, he's good and has been playing well lately. But this talk of WC place needs to stop. I don't think any right thinking person makes a career decision based one WC place. The talk is a tad disrespectful to the players that won the ticket.
The WC is the bait.
If he isn't good enough, he won't make it.
But first he has to convince Nigerians
a) He's actually good enough, and
b) He really wants to play for Nigeria, regardless of the WC.

But the world of football is replete with top ballers who were rejected by clubs and even country early in their careers only to come good in their maturer years.
Not every superstar is born a superstar.
Some achieve it....eventually.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nah who dangle carrot
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I hope this is a joke.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
They've used Damunkey to silence us. If we talk, Damunkey will start a poll on how to address our calling out agents. If you notice you will see that they've been emboldened, all thanks to DAMUNKEY!
Really? Thus Damunk did such a thing? Damunk, please come and defend yourself, please hurry
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Na lie..na lie..he should go and play for England.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho