Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cup...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jordon Iyb Claims Nigerian Offer to Play at the World Cu

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Maybe it is Jordon who is trying to hype himself here or perhaps some agent has paid off The Sun's reporter, Mr. Haughton. Take your pick. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Perhaps, John12 and 1naija will realize that the agents have expanded their campaign to cover the global media.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are you suggesting they go global?
They probably have with this article in a UK newspaper. They are no longer content with dealing with the Owngoal.com and AllNigeriansoccer.com. My worry is whether John12 and 1Naija have enough in their arsenal to sniff these guys out as the heat has increased. :rotf:

Many players who would not have accepted Nigeria exist, are now ready to play for Nigeria and has been offered a position in our 23-man list :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, World cup good-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

So what happened to the carrot that England was dangling over him when he was supposedly a budding star at Liverpool? Or did Tammy Abraham come and chop his carrot?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Jordan "Iybe" has been having a good season so far, and the boy is a baller... personally if he gets to represent Nigeria then it won't be a bad addition to our bidding depth, BUT the bargaining power isn't in his favor anymore, so he has to show maximum respect and seriousness by reaching out to Nigeria.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Highly unlikely, the story is full of mischief.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Robotnik wrote:The HYBE is too much
E get as Eye b,
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Don’t like his attitude, but he can play. Very strong and forceful on the ball. Won’t mind him tying him down, for the future.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Shameless non-principle/procedure Nyash. “He can play” and you don’t mind him playing. The same guy that denied his country and dissociate himself from us by changing name pronounciation is who you don’t mind calling. I hope his agent returns his money because his not going to Russia 2018. After World Cup, if he is good enough he can come. Enough of these shameless agents, pimps, Oloshos, prospitutes derailing our World Cup
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

okidoki wrote:Don’t like his attitude, but he can play. Very strong and forceful on the ball. Won’t mind him tying him down, for the future.

If his interest is genuine we can look into his case after the World Cup.

He was offered a chance to be part of our project in the early stages of of building our team but chose to turn up his nose at us. Now that the heavy lifting has been done he wants to come and reap where he did not sow?

Na lie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote:
okidoki wrote:Don’t like his attitude, but he can play. Very strong and forceful on the ball. Won’t mind him tying him down, for the future.

He was offered a chance to be part of our project in the early stages of of building our team but chose to turn up his nose at us. Now that the heavy lifting has been done he wants to come and reap where he did not sow?

Na lie!
no mind them. I can tell that his camp sponsored this article. They want to use us to blackmail England to inviting him for the world cup. He saw how Tammy and the rest have used us to get England call-up. So, why not do the same thing.

I dont blame him. Unfortunately for him, we are ready for them this year. We are ready!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:

Na lie!
no mind them. I can tell that his camp sponsored this article. They want to use us to blackmail England to inviting him for the world cup. He saw how Tammy and the rest have used us to get England call-up. So, why not do the same thing.

I dont blame him. Unfortunately for him, we are ready for them this year. We are ready!
Get some rest. Paranoia no good.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:

Na lie!

clean your mouth... Gerrard's d#$% no good.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:

Na lie!

clean your mouth... Gerrard's d#$% no good.
Seriously, get out of the gutter and sort yourself out. Your posts bear the hallmarks of someone struggling with paranoia - "they want to use us to blackmail England", "we are ready for them". Abeg, sharrap and get help.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

What's the hullabaloo all about ? Afterall Ameobi was given a chance with all his shenanigans he gave to Nigeria earlier in his career. Well I understand it was during Keshi's era when malfeasance and improprieity was the order of day.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I suspect he is trying to use Nigeria to get England's attention.
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

oloye wrote:Na lie..na lie..he should go and play for England.
the boy has improved
AFTER the world cup, if he is willing to come for the ANCQ i wouldn't be against calling him up
Same goes for Abraham
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Bournemouth star Jordon Ibe offered chance to turn back on England and play for Nigeria at World Cup in Russia
EXCLUSIVE
By Warren Haughton
21st March 2018, 9:01 amUpdated: 21st March 2018, 9:01 am
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... world-cup/

JORDON IBE has been offered the chance to turn his back on England and play for Nigeria at the World Cup.

The London-born winger, who qualifies through his dad, is being eyed by the Super Eagles ahead of the big kick-off in Russia.

Ibe, 22, was contacted by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) for an initial conversation about his international prospects while a teenager at Liverpool.

The NFF made contact again shortly after his move from Liverpool to Bournemouth for £15million in 2016.

However, the youngster wanted to fully focus on settling into life under Eddie Howe at the Vitality.

He never closed the door on one day representing Nigeria at senior level.

Ibe has not ruled out forcing his way into Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions set up.

But Nigeria want to fast-track him into their squad.

The attacker has starred for England from Under-18 to Under-21 level.

After a tough first season on the South Coast, Ibe has enjoyed a good run of form recently and starred in the wins against Chelsea and Stoke.

Ibe was on target for the Cherries in Saturday’s win at home against West Brom.

But Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr has dangled the carrot of a World Cup in front of Ibe at the end of the season, and it is an offer being taken seriously.

Ibe has made 27 league appearances scoring two goals with six assists this season and has played a key role in Bournemouth’s charge into the Premier League top ten.

Meanwhile former Manchester United and West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison is to hold talks about representing Jamaica at senior level.

The 25-year-old currently with Mexican outfit Atlas was capped by England at several youth levels and won four Under-21 caps.
Prof., love your headline.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote:Ibe is one player that will NOT be made to feel welcome if he tries it.
He went too far to disown us.
Nigerians come swear for am.
What did he say?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If the NFF are serious they need to find out where this rumour is coming from (if not official) and debunk this nonsense!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Its a WC year. All man will flex. Ibe will be watching it on TV just like me.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

mystic wrote:

Na lie!
A yes to Nigeria would have been a no to England. I hardly think any English born up and coming player in his right senses with such momentum behind him would have rejected England at the time. If the boy wants to play for Nigeria, it's his birth right and I'm sure the coaching crew would welcome the decision regardless of what anybody here thinks. All this WC chance is overrated nonsense.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:
mystic wrote:

Na lie!
A yes to Nigeria would have been a no to England. I hardly think any English born up and coming player in his right senses with such momentum behind him would have rejected England at the time. If the boy wants to play for Nigeria, it's his birth right and I'm sure the coaching crew would welcome the decision regardless of what anybody here thinks. All this WC chance is overrated nonsense.
Alex Iwobi?
Victor Moses?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:The boy can play! If he makes a U-turn and opts for SE we should take him like the prodigal son. Truth is, he's good and has been playing well lately. But this talk of WC place needs to stop. I don't think any right thinking person makes a career decision based one WC place. The talk is a tad disrespectful to the players that won the ticket.
The WC is the bait.
If he isn't good enough, he won't make it.
But first he has to convince Nigerians
a) He's actually good enough, and
b) He really wants to play for Nigeria, regardless of the WC.

But the world of football is replete with top ballers who were rejected by clubs and even country early in their careers only to come good in their maturer years.
Not every superstar is born a superstar.
Some achieve it....eventually.
Only WC for your country can be a bait. If it was all about appearing in a WC, I'm sure we'd be seeing all manner of players changing nationalities to less footballing powerhouses just to appear at a WC. Infact, Africa and Asia will be very vulnerable and Canada will not be going 30 yrs without a team in the WC. No right thinking person makes a career choice because of a spot on a 23 man roster. We've had loads of players represent us at the WC that have disappeared into the abyss, some right after. These stories about offering a player WC spot actually denigrates us as a soccer nation.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:
mystic wrote:

Na lie!
Alex Iwobi?
Victor Moses?
Those two have very strong ties to Nigeria. Victor Moses wasn't in frame for an England senior callup at the time and definitely not their next golden boy. Iwobi's case we all know very well. He had mentors and family connections to look up to and had probably made the decision from very early on. Jury is out on whether he could make the England team today.