Rohr cries out: Eagles lack potent striker

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr cries out: Eagles lack potent striker

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bully12 wrote:This inept man has started to line up excuses for his defense when the inevitability occurs. First SE is the lowest ranked team in his group. Now SE is devoid of a potent striker . SE doesn't have a game changer like Okacha and Kanu Nwankwo. He is making all these excuses but has a stupid allegiance to inept and feckless players like Musa , Akpeyi and Echejilie . On numerous occasions the buffoon has ignored a game changer, the most potent goal scorer Nigeria has in Europe Henry Onyekuru . Absolutely given him little or no chance to prove himself. Now he is cognizant of the fact the pretenders he is currently parading lacks the technical know how and the skill to have a successful tournament . What a shame? Excuse Excuse Excuse
So you actually believe that Rohr said this?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Odas wrote:
eyan wrote:lol...John12, where are thou? Small time now, they will say no one can shoot like Nsofor.
If this is NOT FAKE news, I think our coach said what he is supposed to say. Not having a specific goal scorer is even better, it means our opponents will not concentrate on a player and nullify his scoring abilities
Fair enough, but out of objectivity, I wonder if your sentiments will be shared if this was uttered by Eguavoen, Onigbinde, Keshi, CCC or Amodu
I believe they will be ridiculed on these pages with comments like "whose job is it to find those strikers"

If the coach said this, then its dissapointing because he indeed has been in the helm for almost three years now and not having a game changer in his team is indeed his charge, now unless he is trying to divert attention and pressure from his players, one cannot but think how much these comments will influence the player's commitment and confidence
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What's with all these alarmist journalists? Rohr did not say he was lacking strikers, he pointed to the fact that his team is built on team work and chemistry. The article is a gross misrepresentation of what the man said.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You, calling someone else alarmist?
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

We haven't had a potent striker since the late Rashidi Yekini.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Benedict Iroha wrote:We haven't had a potent striker since the late Rashidi Yekini.
Iheanacho is scoring at a similar rate as Yekini did.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Enugu II wrote:I am baffled by this except if he is referring to players in the most advanced position. If not, then he must not realize that Iheanacho is actual one of Nigeria's most prolific strikers in history. He scores at a better clip than Obafemi Martins and is actually at a similar scoring clip as Yekini and Usiyan statistically.
Yes, Iheanacho is Nigeria's most prolific scorer in history but how many goals has he scored for NIgeria?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I am baffled by this except if he is referring to players in the most advanced position. If not, then he must not realize that Iheanacho is actual one of Nigeria's most prolific strikers in history. He scores at a better clip than Obafemi Martins and is actually at a similar scoring clip as Yekini and Usiyan statistically.
Yes, Iheanacho is Nigeria's most prolific scorer in history but how many goals has he scored for NIgeria?
The number of goals can be the function of the number of appearances and thus a better comparison method is using "rate" to measure as long as the player has played a significant number of games. Over his career with Nigeria his rate of scoring is quite impressive but he is certainly not Nigeria's most prolific in history. He ranks AMONG and not THE MOST PROLIFIC.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

If he said so, he's right, I've said the same on here. No trusted striker, hope Kelechi, Ighalo etc. deliver.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS