Fortuna Sittard happy to move on from Oliseh’s ‘illegal acti

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fortuna Sittard happy to move on from Oliseh’s ‘illegal

Post by Enugu II »

Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Waiting to hear from Oliseh on tweeter. So he wanted to return to a club that wants to pay him with blood money?
When you get sacked and go to court/arbitration, returning to your position is one of the options you put on the table even if you don't want it. It's likely not going to happen but it's a bargaining chip to getting what you may have lost in wages, benefits etc.
Spot on.

Sadly Pa Jimoh has an agenda pertaining to Oliseh, so he cannot see the wood from the trees.

Also, this is an arbitration hearing, it will be nice to read the details/facts of the hearing before moralising and casting aspersions on the man.

Besides, he still has the option of going to court if he wants to.
Waffiman,

Are you stating that arbitration is non-binding? Bros, arbitration is different from mediation o? As far as I am aware, there is only one type of arbitration that is non-binding. Most arbitration are binding on the parties. Perhaps, someone who is familiar with the arbitration system in Holland may explain how this works. If this is binding then Oliseh and the club would have to live with the outcome when the actual judgment is eventually delivered.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
felarey wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Waiting to hear from Oliseh on tweeter. So he wanted to return to a club that wants to pay him with blood money?
When you get sacked and go to court/arbitration, returning to your position is one of the options you put on the table even if you don't want it. It's likely not going to happen but it's a bargaining chip to getting what you may have lost in wages, benefits etc.
Spot on.

Sadly Pa Jimoh has an agenda pertaining to Oliseh, so he cannot see the wood from the trees.

Also, this is an arbitration hearing, it will be nice to read the details/facts of the hearing before moralising and casting aspersions on the man.

Besides, he still has the option of going to court if he wants to.
Waffiman,

Are you stating that arbitration is non-binding? Bros, arbitration is different from mediation o? As far as I am aware, there is only one type of arbitration that is non-binding. Most arbitration are binding on the parties. Perhaps, someone who is familiar with the arbitration system in Holland may explain how this works. If this is binding then Oliseh and the club would have to live with the outcome when the actual judgment is eventually delivered.
My understanding is it is not binding for it can be appealed in the law courts. But I stand corrected.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffi, what agenda do I have? It is in our best interest to have successful Nigerian managers abroad but that doesn't mean we should not highlight their weaknesses like we would any manager.
We can call Wenger names and highlight his failings but there's this psychological pressure to desist from being truthfully analytical of Oliseh's shortcomings.
Oliseh has his strength and weaknesses and we always blame everyone else for his shortcomings.

No one can say Oliseh is a thief for me to agree with them, never. But his anger issues and his aloofness is well documented. It is who he is and we can blame the NFF and Fortuna all we want.
There's been an arbitration and it's ruling favors the club yet we still think they are against Oliseh. Shame. Oliseh need to sort one or two things out. Most of us have weaknesses, in fact, all of us
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:My understanding is it is not binding for it can be appealed in the law courts. But I stand corrected.
Arbitration is almost always binding...

I noted on one of the earlier threads when Oliseh first made his allegations that this matter will likely ended up and be resolved in arbitration (because most executive employment contracts these days customarily provide for binding arbitration). The sole role of the courts hereafter would be enforcement (that is, the arbitration decision is filed before the courts which then issues an enforcement order based thereupon) or an appeal on the arbitration process. The facts of the case itself will not be revisited by the courts. Please forward your check via overnight courier. Thanks. :lol:

PS: Btw, it does not appear from this news report that the arbitration hearing has been concluded nor any decision yet issued.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hothead or not ..I wanted him to win the case. No one of us is perfect.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:My understanding is it is not binding for it can be appealed in the law courts. But I stand corrected.

I noted on one of the earlier threads when Oliseh first made his allegations that this matter will likely ended up and be resolved in arbitration (because most executive employment contracts these days customarily provide for binding arbitration). The sole role of the courts hereafter would be enforcement (that is, the arbitration decision is filed before the courts which then issues an enforcement order based thereupon) or an appeal on the arbitration process. The facts of the case itself will not be revisited by the courts. Please forward your check via overnight courier. Thanks. :lol:

PS: Btw, it does not appear from this news report that the arbitration hearing has been concluded nor any decision yet issued.
KPOM to everything you have stated. That is exactly my understanding of arbitration and the status of the case as of now.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

KPOM to everything you have stated. That is exactly my understanding of arbitration and the status of the case as of now.
See correct explanation! We wait for the outcome of the arbitration! :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

See correct explanation! We wait for the outcome of the arbitration! :thumb:
Kai..no wonder lawyers sabi chop people money. They will give sweet explanation so tay any money wey you get, you will be tempted to dash dem
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Some where praying for him to win the case. It seems the truth is secondary to them.
Oliseh is a talented coach. But he needs to identify his demons and find a way to exorcize them.
It is the best advise anyone can dive him.
Two great opportunities blown. He needs to understand that beautiful flowers bring up from the murkiest of places.

You can't always be comfortable in your job but do your best to grow, even in adversity. He could have made a name for himself with the SE job
TBH, I believe almost everyone wanted him to win the case, if only to dispel the widespread feeling that he is a difficult person to work with. He carries on his shoulders the dreams of hundreds of African coaches hoping to get international recognition and opportunities.

The problem here is that he is up against an institution that is likely to firmly close ranks. I am not even sure the Dutch FA will be too willing to expose wrongdoings in their football league. Then there is the alleged Turkish mafia. When FIFA was under scrutiny, they did everything neccessary to close ranks and succeeded for decades. Even here on CE, apologists were defending Blatter left, right and centre simply because it was the Brits and the Yanks that were pushing for change.

In this case, Oliseh is sadly on his own, is a foreigner, an African and unfortunately isn't the most tactical strategist when it comes to human conflict.
I dread to think he actually did grab someone by the neck, but it is really hard for most of us to bet our mortgages on the fact that he could never have done anything like that.
Bro,
Na assumptions and conspiracy theory be dis o
Not true. Thats the way it works. Recall the Aluko case? The FA conducted a shoddy review and attempted to strong arm her.

Always bear in mind that institutions by their nature are there not to address "wrong" or "right" but to not rock the boat. Another good example is the catholic church and the sexual abuse cases across the globe. The response was the same!