WC OPPONENTS - MARCH FRIENDLIES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WC OPPONENTS - MARCH FRIENDLIES

Post by danfo driver »

Referee don sorry for Croatia and red carded a Peruvian
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

It seems the Mexico game, is delayed.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

okidoki wrote:It seems the Mexico game, is delayed.
Not really. I think game was slated for 1030 EST. TV presentation just began 30mins earlier
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LOL. Iceland don start! With their direct football and physical fight. Poland was truly a great test.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Iceland keeps their shape very rigidly. Almost robotically.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Fox needs to stop using Mexicans to call games...their commentary is cringe worthy.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Iceland is good ooo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Iceland impressing me so far. they are very hardworking and organized. Their forwards are also faster than I initially thought.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Iceland is a solid side. They are no joke
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

okay. just noticed a weakness--- Iceland's recovery when they counter is quite slow. Their midfielders look like they are crawling when returning. So, a team can hit them quickly when they are out of position. I'll keep an eye on that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Iceland's left back is going to give them problems. he tucks in too much, leaving space on their left side. I know what he is doing--when they defend, their LM is supposed to be the "stand in" left back. But so far, its not working. mexico has not taken advantage of it, but its very evident.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iceland is a typical mid level European team, they huff and puff, work all day but they’ll chop cane in the end. I don’t even see them been able to handle our high press let all be the counter.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I no tok am?? That their left back tucks in too much. Look at the huge space he left for Layun to run into and score.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

They've faded badly, from the 1'st halve.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am a little surprised they havent tried more long balls, especially into the Mexican 18 yard box. They are much taller and thats their usual game.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dang! What a long throw-in. Their throw in is like a cross. :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Iceland goalkeeper na Akpeyi! :lol: :lol:

If that was a Nigerian now, all of una go dey shout!

@Cellular, can you see one of the goalkeepers I listed for you on that thread? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Today show's all the teams are beatable. Yes friendlies, but still.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
okidoki wrote:It seems the Mexico game, is delayed.
Not really. I think game was slated for 1030 EST. TV presentation just began 30mins earlier
Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger