Onazi Benched , Ekong is Captain!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onazi Benched , Ekong is Captain!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/23/re ... -of-onazi/

Tori oloun! :shock: J Obi no get respect at all at all if this is true. Yeaaa, there’s a coup going on in camp o! Ekong is captain? Balogun was captain vs Algeria but Rohr did not chose him again as capt. :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
chuks69
Egg
Egg
Re: Onazi Benched , Ekong is Captain!

Post by chuks69 »

Walahi... he has always been a quality player.. His quality was never in doubt.. Samson Siasia first invited him for a friendly game, after that he was always a constant feature for him... Injury always let this dude down..
So for 6-8 MF slots we have 1. John Mikel Obi, 2. John Ogu,3. Ogenyi Onazi, 4.Wilfried Ndidi, 5.Joel Obi, 6.Mikel Agu etc competing against each other..
afc##
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chuks69 wrote:Walahi... he has always been a quality player.. His quality was never in doubt.. Samson Siasia first invited him for a friendly game, after that he was always a constant feature for him... Injury always let this dude down..
So for 6-8 MF slots we have 1. John Mikel Obi, 2. John Ogu,3. Ogenyi Onazi, 4.Wilfried Ndidi, 5.Joel Obi, 6.Mikel Agu etc competing against each other..

It took him less than 45mins of practice to bench Onazi .:shock: Thevboy no get respect at all. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Kind of makes sense..Ndid and Onazi are too similar - energy, grafters, occasional burst forward. Obi gives you more creativity moving forward, in addition to what Ndidi and Onazi bring.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Any rough tackle on him Rohr please take him off we need him fit and injury free for the World Cup.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Omo, attacking wise our bench is weak. Looking at our bench, there’s only musa that can change the game. It’s time to either hope for an exceptional talent or maybe recall one proven attacking player
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If this lineup turns out to be fake like I know it will then we must disregard OwnGoal completely going forward and banish anyone who posts OwnGoal stories, like the fake emir :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Omo, attacking wise our bench is weak. Looking at our bench, there’s only musa that can change the game. It’s time to either hope for an exceptional talent or maybe recall one proven attacking player
Ajayi and co hopefully join in Serbia :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ajayi and Okechukwu doesn’t seem like game-changers. I like onyekuru and I believe that he is a top talent hopefully, rohr can reconsider him sha
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a friendly game. Friendlies are meant to test players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

own freaking goal :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

It is a friendly match. Who starts doesn't mean jack. Winning it is good but it doesn't mean jack either. How we play matters though.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:It is a friendly match. Who starts doesn't mean jack. Winning it is good but it doesn't mean jack either. How we play matters though.
kpom,. but nah still own goal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Robby I disagree o. Winning is very contagious and should be desired at all times. We must aspire to win all games that we play and never be joyous at losing
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

john12 wrote:Robby I disagree o. Winning is very contagious and should be desired at all times. We must aspire to win all games that we play and never be joyous at losing
I am not saying it shouldn't be desired. It is not a priority in the game. That is all I am saying. Winning is a good thing, trust me I know.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Onazi is a proven player and IMO a shoo-in for a WC place. Joel Obi, on the other hand, is so far unknown to the coach. So Rohr needs to take a good look at him. Makes sense.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ekong is a great choice as captain.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

olu wrote:Ekong is a great choice as captain.
But why was it taken away from Balogun? Is his place in doubt?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:Any rough tackle on him Rohr please take him off we need him fit and injury free for the World Cup.
And any rough tackle on him in the next Torino game, do they take him off?? and save him for the world cup? And also, if there is a rough tackle on him against Croatia? Do we take him off to make sure he is fit against Iceland?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Omo, attacking wise our bench is weak. Looking at our bench, there’s only musa that can change the game. It’s time to either hope for an exceptional talent or maybe recall one proven attacking player
I disagree. We have Etebo, Simon, Musa, Iheanacho (with Mikel starting). This is not mentioning the outsiders looking in.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/23/re ... -of-onazi/

Tori oloun! :shock: J Obi no get respect at all at all if this is true. Yeaaa, there’s a coup going on in camp o! Ekong is captain? Balogun was captain vs Algeria but Rohr did not chose him again as capt. :shock:
It happens! I have seen it in teams within organizations. When the manager is going on vacation, he/she (the manager) can choose different employees at different times to deputize for him/her. The aim - usually - is to build team unity.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
chuks69 wrote:Walahi... he has always been a quality player.. His quality was never in doubt.. Samson Siasia first invited him for a friendly game, after that he was always a constant feature for him... Injury always let this dude down..
It took him less than 45mins of practice to bench Onazi .:shock: Thevboy no get respect at all. :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bros, Emir; na wah for you-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:It is a friendly match. Who starts doesn't mean jack. Winning it is good but it doesn't mean jack either. How we play matters though.
That's what I thought