Int Friendly's involving African teams

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Int Friendly's involving African teams

Post by bret- hart »

CR9 is a beast. Top class performance :thumbs: As for Egypt, would not surprise me if they choked despite being in a cake group.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Heliopolis wrote:Portugal had a legit goal disallowed in the first half.
It was not legit as there was a clear offside from the initial header.

We need Karim Hafez back asap as Abdel-Shafy should no longer be an option. I agree with your assessment on Shikabala. Not only did he not close his man down - his lazy pass led to the turn of possession in the first place.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

kastro11 wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Portugal had a legit goal disallowed in the first half.
It was not legit as there was a clear offside from the initial header.

We need Karim Hafez back asap as Abdel-Shafy should no longer be an option. I agree with your assessment on Shikabala. Not only did he not close his man down - his lazy pass led to the turn of possession in the first place.
Fathi is a liability as well. So too is Shennawy. He was very clumsy and did some things you don't see quality GKs do.

Overall we have a lot of weak spots but my hope is that Cuper has us playing a defensive counter-attack style. I know that Egyptians yearn for us to play an attacking style but we don't have enough talent to do so. The rest of our attackers were garbage today. There was that one play in the 2nd half where Trezeguet had the ball with 2 attackers to his right hand side just outside the box and he made a mess of it. Then you had a bunch of heavy touches and poor passes in the final third, not to mention all the terrible crosses. Its not like 2006-2010 when we had 3-4 players on the pitch at the same time that could score (e.g., Zidan, Aboutreika, Zaki, Ahmed Hassan, etc). Now all we have is Salah.

We need to just play disciplined boring soccer and squeeze out some 1-0 wins come June.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Wawu!
Honourable Africans France beaten 3-2 by Colombia! :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Top goalscorers in international football
Ali Daei (Iran) - 109 goals
Ferenc Puskas (Hungary) - 84
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) - 81
Kunishige Kamamoto (Japan) - 80
Godfrey Chitalu (Zambia) - 79
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8