SE Confirmed Line up vs Poland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Confirmed Line up vs Poland

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Apart from the fact that Joel Obi regularly played leftback at Inter Milan,
I have heard this statement made multiple times, and I am not sure whether you guys think the rest of us do not watch games.

Obi regularly played as a midfielder at Inter, NOT left back. He played under Mourinho, Benitez, Gasperini, Ranieri and Mazarri.

Two of those coaches play 3-5-2 and when I say that, i mean real 3-5-2, where there are NO wingbacks, but actually WINGERS! OBI played as a winger.
we have an abundance of good central midfielders with Mikel Obi and Wilfred Ndidi. Our team is much stronger with all three of them playing together.
Abundance of midfielders, and you mentioned 2.

I agree, and they can all play in midfield, together.
We can only start two central midfielders under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation. Ndidi and Mikel will play behind the playmaker, who is looking like Iwobi at the moment. Maybe Ajagun and Nwakali could do that job too but I doubt if they will be tried out this close to the World Cup.

Anyway, with Mikel and Ndidi, Joel becomes surplus to requirements. Would you really put him on the bench when he is better than all the leftbacks we have?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Will be interesting to see how well we keep possession in midfield without Mikel pulling the strings
Also interesting to see idoWu
as well as the Nacho and Ighalo partnership
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I have told you all what I consider Nigeria's best starting 11. Anyone who disagrees should please post their own line-up. Football will always be a subjective matter but I am tired of explaining basic things to full grown adults:

Tyronne Ebuehi has pace and crosses the ball brutally. Angel Di Maria could not believe how the game changed against Nigeria when Ebuehi came on at half time. In contrast, he had field day against Shehu Abdullahi in the first half

Brian Idowu is right footed, so will have to keep switching to his right foot to cross the ball when he gets to the byline. Joel Obi in contrast is a natural left footer. Ola Aina is not only right footed but is not yet ready for this level of competition. As per Uwua Echiejile, only someone who hates Nigeria will even suggest him.

Why are such simple things so hard for supposedly intelligent people to grasp? Phew!
I guess the joel Obi one is hard to grasp because one wonders why you would want to take one of our most impressive midfielders and put him at left back. It means that (1) he is going to play a position he isnt really strong at and (2) we are going to play lesser players than him in midfield. Remember when we played Ndidi at Right back? how did that work out?

Anyway, discussions are good. We all know Rohr will NEVER do what you are advocating, so no worries.
Apart from the fact that Joel Obi regularly played leftback at Inter Milan, we have an abundance of good central midfielders with Mikel Obi and Wilfred Ndidi. Our team is much stronger with all three of them playing together.
Nagatomo was their LB then, he played there ONCE when Nagatomo was injured...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

joao wrote:AYO, Joel at left-back? Just think of Mikel or Onazi at left-back and that will give you a clear read on the issue.
Are you suggesting that Joel can tackle or chase down strong and quick attackers?
Like Mikel, he guy is a distributor and not a tackler. So why waste or endanger him as a full back?

You have clearly not watched him play there before. Please go and Google some videos of Joel playing in the role.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I have told you all what I consider Nigeria's best starting 11. Anyone who disagrees should please post their own line-up. Football will always be a subjective matter but I am tired of explaining basic things to full grown adults:

Tyronne Ebuehi has pace and crosses the ball brutally. Angel Di Maria could not believe how the game changed against Nigeria when Ebuehi came on at half time. In contrast, he had field day against Shehu Abdullahi in the first half

Brian Idowu is right footed, so will have to keep switching to his right foot to cross the ball when he gets to the byline. Joel Obi in contrast is a natural left footer. Ola Aina is not only right footed but is not yet ready for this level of competition. As per Uwua Echiejile, only someone who hates Nigeria will even suggest him.

Why are such simple things so hard for supposedly intelligent people to grasp? Phew!
The hyping of Tyrone because his performance against D Maria doesn’t make sense. I don’t want to bring our player down but in Tyronne’s debut game for Nigeria he was poor and gave away a needless penalty. We didn’t lose the game but I think we need to see more of him before hyping him any further. I remember how Makinwa, Olofinjana, Justice Christopher, Ogbeche etc etc were hyped we all know how that turned out. I am in no way saying Tyrone is another Makinwa but let us tone down the hype and over praise.

Thank God we have a foreign coach had we a local coach I would have boycotted this World Cup like did for 2014 no way was I going subject myself to watching Sola Ameobi

I guess the Dutch national team were after him because of "hype" too? Porto too must have been mad to buy him!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
We can only start two central midfielders under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation. Ndidi and Mikel will play behind the playmaker, who is looking like Iwobi at the moment.
Ayo, I think you have to be honest with yourself. You know FOR A FACT that Rohr's playmaker is Mikel. You know this. I am confident you know this because Rohr has made that clear over the last 2 years. There is no way you do not know this.

So, the two behind the playmaker (Mikel) will be 2 other midfielders.
Maybe Ajagun and Nwakali could do that job too but I doubt if they will be tried out this close to the World Cup.
They have absolutely no chance of making the world cup squad, and I am glad you are beginning to accept this.
Anyway, with Mikel and Ndidi, Joel becomes surplus to requirements. Would you really put him on the bench when he is better than all the leftbacks we have?
Joel is competing against Ndidi, Onazi, Agu and Ogu.

And I do not share your opinion. I will select Idowu/Aina ahead of Joel Obi at leftback.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
joao wrote:AYO, Joel at left-back? Just think of Mikel or Onazi at left-back and that will give you a clear read on the issue.
Are you suggesting that Joel can tackle or chase down strong and quick attackers?
Like Mikel, he guy is a distributor and not a tackler. So why waste or endanger him as a full back?

You have clearly not watched him play there before. Please go and Google some videos of Joel playing in the role.
joao, don't bother, those videos don't exist.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
We can only start two central midfielders under Rohr's 4-3-3 formation. Ndidi and Mikel will play behind the playmaker, who is looking like Iwobi at the moment.
Ayo, I think you have to be honest with yourself. You know FOR A FACT that Rohr's playmaker is Mikel. You know this. I am confident you know this because Rohr has made that clear over the last 2 years. There is no way you do not know this.

So, the two behind the playmaker (Mikel) will be 2 other midfielders.
Maybe Ajagun and Nwakali could do that job too but I doubt if they will be tried out this close to the World Cup.
They have absolutely no chance of making the world cup squad, and I am glad you are beginning to accept this.
Joel is competing against Ndidi, Onazi, Agu and Ogu.

And I do not share your opinion. I will select Idowu/Aina ahead of Joel Obi at leftback.

Mikel no longer has the legs to play as a playmaker. At the World Cup, you playmaker needs to be young, fast, nimble and able to play one-twos on the edge of the area. We play Mikel in that role at our peril!

I believe Rohr will work on Iwobi and try him to step up his game ala Mesut Ozil. We need Mikel and Ndidi in front of our defence to protect the back four!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel no longer has the legs to play as a playmaker. At the World Cup, you playmaker needs to be young, fast, nimble and able to play one-twos on the edge of the area. We play Mikel in that role at our peril!
I hear your opinion, but Rohr does NOT care. You know this. You know Mikel is our playmaker, under Rohr, so why waste your energy?

And a playmaker does NOT have to be young, fast, nimble. He can be very intelligent and be just as effective. Afterall, Babatunde Messi was young, fast and nimble and he formed one of the worst and most disgraceful teams we ever had.
I believe Rohr will work on Iwobi and try him to step up his game ala Mesut Ozil. We need Mikel and Ndidi in front of our defence to protect the back four!
You believe? Good luck with that! You are setting yourself up for serious disappointment. You know for a fact, that Mikel starts as our CAM if fit. I dont know why you are wasting your time on this.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: And a playmaker does NOT have to be young, fast, nimble. He can be very intelligent and be just as effective. Afterall, Babatunde Messi was young, fast and nimble and he formed one of the worst and most disgraceful teams we ever had.
Ol boy, isn't this also your opinion that's not backed up by facts? Why chastise Ayo and then do the same thing?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am not going to let anyone stress me out this close to the game as I want to enjoy it in peace. The fact remains that Joel Obi is Nigeria's best option at leftback at the moment.

He stands heads and shoulders above all the other candidates. Anyone who disputes that just needs to watch this three minute video of him:

Some people just do not want to see reason so it is pointless arguing with them. I will not belabour the point anymore but having watched all the leftbacks we have, it is crystal clear that Joel stands head and shoulders above everyone.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Oga, please remind us, these are the kits we’re launching today, right?

...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not going to let anyone stress me out this close to the game as I want to enjoy it in peace. The fact remains that Joel Obi is Nigeria's best option at leftback at the moment.

He stands heads and shoulders above all the other candidates. Anyone who disputes that just needs to watch this three minute video of him:

Some people just do not want to see reason so it is pointless arguing with them. I will not belabour the point anymore but having watched all the leftbacks we have, it is crystal clear that Joel stands head and shoulders above everyone.
I no know why this line made me burst out in laugher. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oya, Oga Ayo go and watch game in peace. We can discuss the match after! If Obi ply left back, then we know you won! :sneaky: :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I hear your opinion, but Rohr does NOT care. You know this. You know Mikel is our playmaker, under Rohr, so why waste your energy?

And a playmaker does NOT have to be young, fast, nimble. He can be very intelligent and be just as effective. Afterall, Babatunde Messi was young, fast and nimble and he formed one of the worst and most disgraceful teams we ever had.
You believe? Good luck with that! You are setting yourself up for serious disappointment. You know for a fact, that Mikel starts as our CAM if fit. I dont know why you are wasting your time on this.

Does Mikel have the twinkle toes to dance into the penalty area like Mesut Ozil, Eden Hazard, Neymar, Luca Modric or Christian Ericksen? These are playmakers who are on the move as soon as they pass the ball. If you want to win the World Cup, your playmaker has to be if such calibre!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

elerineye wrote:

Oga, please remind us, these are the kits we’re launching today, right?

That is just cruel :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Who is showing this match?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo,

You are out to lunch as usual with your Joel Obi at left back nonsense. However, I do agree that Ebuehi is a better Right Back than Shehu.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You too Mystic? What is this based on? :shock:
mystic wrote:Ayo,

You are out to lunch as usual with your Joel Obi at left back nonsense. However, I do agree that Ebuehi is a better Right Back than Shehu.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:You too Mystic? What is this based on? :shock:

Go ask Angel Di Maria
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Tyrone only has two caps let’s see him play a few more games before making that judgement
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

One second half performance in a meaningless friendly while Shehu has consistently been a standout at int'l level?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Go ask Angel Di Maria
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Go ask Angel Di Maria

It's that simple, Ebuehi defended so effortlessly, Ebuehi when fit should be the first choice RB,
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Edu wrote:

Phillip Lahm is right footed. Was one of the best left back in the world . Idowu can do the job.

Joel is a very smart mid. Don't reduce him to defensive duties.

Uwa at this point is a serviceable back up left back.

Incoherent nonsense. Uwua Echejile is a total liability. He gifted South Africa a cheap victory in Uyo and will doom upon Nigeria if we take him to the World Cup.

Take it or leave it but Joel Obi is a better leftback than Brian Idowu and Ola Aina. You are talking as if converting midfielders into fullbacks is something new. Sylvanus Okpala, arguably Nigeria's best ever rightback was converted into that role by Otto Gloria and excelled there.

Onazi played right back under Keshi and gifted Zambia a pen.
Ndidi played right back in Zambia and looked like he never seen a ball in his young life.

The only thing incoherent on this thread is coming from no one but you bro.
Let's go-ahead and play Kele at left back as well. He is lefty, isn't he.