Calling Enyeama!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calling Enyeama!!!!!

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:If we know what is best for us we will beg Enyeama to come back and see if he is in shape during camp. I see no reason to take Akpeyi over him.

Uzoho is one for the future for sure, but he is not ready IMO.

He will be badly exposed. He was flapping hopelessly on every crossed ball yesterday and that will just not cut it. The team as a whole needs to defend set pieces. I guarantee you we will give up at least one set piece goal in Russia. We just cannot go far with that kind of unstability.

Since you openly supported an opponent over your own country, no person born by a woman, can take Ou seriously anymore. What you did in 2013 was treason and in many societies, you’d go into hiding, or at best, disguise yourself as a woman for he rest of your life. We haven’t forgotten.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

danfo driver wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Uzoho just gave me more reason to worry after rewatching the match.
Imeh my man! still trying to get your townsman, the Crook, on the team abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We saw your post about Uzoho yesterday, you dont need to go around the forum repeating it. We know your position on this matter. Unfortunately for you and the Crook, the Crook will NEVER play for Nigeria again.
The only thing I take offence to is the fact you think I want Enyeama because he is my townsman. I want him because I believe he is the best we have for now . Uzoho is one for the future and should be eased in gradually. I am not advocating for automatic shirt but call him to camp and test him.
I remember post 2014 world cup someone was called a cassava farmer and no longer relevant and now we cant do without Mikel.
Mikel played a portion of the qualifiers without seeing action with Chelsea if i am not wrong.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bret- hart wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
zee wrote:
TheTactician wrote:This thread honestly sums up Nigerians and Africans in general. One would have to assume that most people on this forum are very educated and capable of participating in meaningful discussions. Unfortunately as you can see here, no meaningful discussion is occurring. Instead, what we have is a few people trying to engage in a meaningful discussion and the rest behaving in a manner that isn't prevalent on other forums. I suppose part of this can be blamed on a lack of proper moderation but the lack of respect shown towards each other is frankly embarrassing.

Here's what I've noticed since I signed up at CE. Someone raises a point that may or may not be valid. A select group of individuals will try to discuss that point and assess it's validity. They might present statistics to refute the claim or express their disagreement in a respectful manner. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority will attempt to derail the discussion by doing one of three things:

1) Resorting to personal attacks that have no bearing to the argument being presented
2) Resort to calling each other agents
3) Behave in a manner that inhibits good discussion. The most common examples I've seen on here are logical fallacies.

The inability to discuss the point at hand is frankly concerning. As long as you guys continue to Pat each other on the backs for insulting one another, this or any discussion that takes place on this board is going nowhere.
Thanks for your 'advise'........................just to inform you, CE :clap: is over 20years old and keeps on growing from strength to strength.
What CE never needs nor wants is another 'OBAnization' that nearly killed the forum.

BTW, there are other football forums(Nigerian or not) that might suit your 'gentle' nature..............enjoy your stay there and goodluck.
No mind am. He should Gerrarra hia mein! CE is not a football university where we discuss things academically. It has a great unique culture and history that includes yabbin in a uniquely Nigerian way. That’s what makes it fun. If u can’t handle it then go somewhere else.

And,Yes. We don’t need to read the post to respond or even know anything about the subject matter to have an opinion. I’ve been yabbed thousands of times and I’ve yabbed too on thousands of occasions. I’ve no problem with it.

Stop opening daft threads on CE.
Stop reading daft threads on CE. Moron!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

imehjunior wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Uzoho just gave me more reason to worry after rewatching the match.
Imeh my man! still trying to get your townsman, the Crook, on the team abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We saw your post about Uzoho yesterday, you dont need to go around the forum repeating it. We know your position on this matter. Unfortunately for you and the Crook, the Crook will NEVER play for Nigeria again.
The only thing I take offence to is the fact you think I want Enyeama because he is my townsman. I want him because I believe he is the best we have for now . Uzoho is one for the future and should be eased in gradually. I am not advocating for automatic shirt but call him to camp and test him.
I remember post 2014 world cup someone was called a cassava farmer and no longer relevant and now we cant do without Mikel.
Mikel played a portion of the qualifiers without seeing action with Chelsea if i am not wrong.
When last did you watch Enyeama play?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Our "townsman", Enyeama,played yesterday... :thumbs:
Classy guy that he is, he was one of the first to congratulate the team on the victory against Poland. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Obong wrote:Our "townsman", Enyeama,played yesterday... :thumbs:
Classy guy that he is, he was one of the first to congratulate the team on the victory against Poland. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I hope all the amazing accolades heaped on Uzoho by numerous fans yesterday did not precipitate any sort of cardiovascular ailment to you and Imehjunior. Your insidious and selfish motives are glaring and well defined
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

After a nervy start, Uzoho indeed performed well yesterday. I will vote for him to start based on what we have in camp now. I don't need to be insidious about Vince. Remember, he has not been invited by Rohr. We are talking about a legend and Nigeria's best ever!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TheTactician wrote:
zee wrote:
TheTactician wrote:This thread honestly sums up Nigerians and Africans in general. One would have to assume that most people on this forum are very educated and capable of participating in meaningful discussions. Unfortunately as you can see here, no meaningful discussion is occurring. Instead, what we have is a few people trying to engage in a meaningful discussion and the rest behaving in a manner that isn't prevalent on other forums. I suppose part of this can be blamed on a lack of proper moderation but the lack of respect shown towards each other is frankly embarrassing.

Here's what I've noticed since I signed up at CE. Someone raises a point that may or may not be valid. A select group of individuals will try to discuss that point and assess it's validity. They might present statistics to refute the claim or express their disagreement in a respectful manner. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority will attempt to derail the discussion by doing one of three things:

1) Resorting to personal attacks that have no bearing to the argument being presented
3) Behave in a manner that inhibits good discussion. The most common examples I've seen on here are logical fallacies.

The inability to discuss the point at hand is frankly concerning. As long as you guys continue to Pat each other on the backs for insulting one another, this or any discussion that takes place on this board is going nowhere.
Thanks for your 'advise'........................just to inform you, CE :clap: is over 20years old and keeps on growing from strength to strength.
What CE never needs nor wants is another 'OBAnization' that nearly killed the forum.

BTW, there are other football forums(Nigerian or not) that might suit your 'gentle' nature..............enjoy your stay there and goodluck.
I'm only going to respond to a couple of points. Firstly, existing as a website on the internet is not an accomplishment at all and the celebration of it is frankly embarrassing. All that tells us is that the initial creator/owner of the site has done his/her due diligence and payed the required hosting/domain fees. He/she/they have kept the database+server up and running.

Secondly, I'm not aware of CE's history so I cannot comment intelligently on the 'OBAnization' that you're referring to. What I'm advocating for is that you treat others with the minimum level of basic respect that you expect to get from others. I'm not asking anyone to refer to others as sir or madam. I'm asking for a little self control. All you need to do is go read the first line of Tobi17's post to see what I'm talking about. I can point to lots of other examples in this thread and others as well but, I have more important things to do with my time.
Tactician....thanks for your input but like Yeyeman rightly pointed out, this is a football stand and not a football institute.
You are lucky dem never yab your behind comot for here like they did to me on my very first post almost 20 yrs ago. Like you, I too came at the forum preaching tolerance and goodwill to all men.

Dem drive me comot one time. :rotf:
Nobody taught me how to 'arrange myself' well.

The rest is history. :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
I hope all the amazing accolades heaped on Uzoho by numerous fans yesterday did not precipitate any sort of cardiovascular ailment to you and Imehjunior. Your insidious and selfish motives are glaring and well defined
Not everyone lives, breathes and eats parochialism (make I nack small oyibo like you) like some of you.
We are proud Nigerians (unlike some of you) and want the very best for NIGERIA every day and in every way (unlike some of you). We do not 'pick and choose' (like you) when we identify or represent.

Uzoho, Ezenwa, Akpeyi and Enyeama are all Nigerian patriots (unlike you) and are all in the same business of safeguarding the Nigerian net. That's why we love them ALL (unlike you).

May the best man win. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Abeg don't even listen to danfo driver. He doesn't really believe that but is using it as a bully tactic to try and suppress the clamour for Enyeama by any means necessary.
If he isn't calling you a tribalist he is calling you an agent. If that doesn't work he calls Enyeama 'a crook'.
Anything goes as long as Enyeama does not threaten his client's shaky position in the GK dept (see what I did there? :sneaky: )
I remember post 2014 world cup someone was called a cassava farmer and no longer relevant and now we cant do without Mikel. Mikel played a portion of the qualifiers without seeing action with Chelsea if i am not wrong.
Mikel that is now our Captain Fantastic has been called all sorts of names on this board in the past, including being 'not relevant anymore', 'disloyal', 'arrogant' and even 'unpatriotic'.

Chief, we are dealing with Nigerians here. Everyone has an individual opinion which is the only opinion in the country that makes sense. Everyone else is either stupid, a tribalist or on the take.

That is why we are such a great nation! :D
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:Tactician....thanks for your input but like Yeyeman rightly pointed out, this is a football stand and not a football institute.
You are lucky dem never yab your behind comot for here like they did to me on my very first post almost 20 yrs ago. Like you, I too came at the forum preaching tolerance and goodwill to all men.

I said no such thing. Leave me out of this, Mr Damunkey. :D

I largely agree with Tactician. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TheTactician, excellent points.

You just have to acknowledge that this is a public forum with varying abilities to engage in discourse.

We are at best the "Popular Stands" in a football stadium. You will get all kinds of people.

Don't be quick to judge people in the manner they intentionally choose to participate in banter.

We have your type as well on CE who prefer intellectual conversations. Just open your thread discussing such issues... ignore the posters you don't like their style. But have an open mind enough to realize that they too have the right to engage people in whatever manner they wish as long as they are not breaking forum rules.

We have had people come and go because this is not their cup of tea. They feel CE is beneath them... but I will take our CE experts over ANYONE out there in the World.

You better have your facts and your britches buckled... because they are elephants and tortoise amongst us with long memories. Even the ones you might think engage in loutish behavior.

We are all united by our love of our darling Super Eagles...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
Danfo Driver, e be like say you are more suited to be a conductor :P :taunt:

Rohr is still monitoring Vince.

It will take Uzoho to have 2 back-to-back good halves like he did in the second half of Poland game for Rohr to stop monitoring Vince.

We all want the best for our Eagles... the difference is how.

You are yet to tag me as his townsman, agent so it must be corruption is the reason I too want Vince in camp.
You can drop him if he is not one of the top 3 keepers in camp.

I can bet my last penny that there's no way if Vince is assessed dispassionately that he won't be the top two keeper in camp.

I want to see Uzoho keep on developing... I like the toolset he possesses... but I am prejudiced in that I am a sucker for experience in certain positions on a football team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Not everyone lives, breathes and eats parochialism (make I nack small oyibo like you) like some of you.
We are proud Nigerians (unlike some of you) and want the very best for NIGERIA every day and in every way (unlike some of you). We do not 'pick and choose' (like you) when we identify or represent.

Uzoho, Ezenwa, Akpeyi and Enyeama are all Nigerian patriots (unlike you) and are all in the same business of safeguarding the Nigerian net. That's why we love them ALL (unlike you).

May the best man win. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Obong,

What game was this? And who did Vince play against?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It was a 3-0 win for Enyeama's team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:Tactician....thanks for your input but like Yeyeman rightly pointed out, this is a football stand and not a football institute.

I said no such thing. Leave me out of this, Mr Damunkey. :D

I largely agree with Tactician. :D
Sorry.
T'was YemiBrassiere. :oops:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The YeyeMan wrote:It was a 3-0 win for Enyeama's team.

Thanks.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...too much crookedness among Nigerians. I thank those that continue to thwart their every move to sabotage progress in Nigerian football at every turn.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:

Thanks.
Former Super Eagles first choice goalie Vincent Enyeama on Saturday returned to duty for his French side, Lille, after a lengthy period away due to injury.

The former Nigeria captain helped Lille II to a 3-0 win against Viry Châtillon in a Championnat National 2 match.
https://www.concisenews.global/sports/w ... ean-sheet/
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:

Thanks.
Former Super Eagles first choice goalie Vincent Enyeama on Saturday returned to duty for his French side, Lille, after a lengthy period away due to injury.

The former Nigeria captain helped Lille II to a 3-0 win against Viry Châtillon in a Championnat National 2 match.
https://www.concisenews.global/sports/w ... ean-sheet/

Lille II? WTF was he playing with waiters and high school kids? Smh

:taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
jette1 wrote:Akpeyi might be better than this UZOHU
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bret- hart wrote:
zee wrote:Against the likes of Germany or Spain with our kid-keeper.........the match would have been over in the 1st half. Clinical teams will be 4 goals up in the 1st half.

After watching the highlights, I know that a nightmare is in the making in Russia..........serious and top keepers get wacked in the WC and a massacre awaits any team that turns up with a Mickey mouse keeper.

Oh shush. Go back to DC. Trump needs his adult diaper changed.
How?????????????
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

vancity eagle wrote:If we know what is best for us we will beg Enyeama to come back and see if he is in shape during camp. I see no reason to take Akpeyi over him.

Uzoho is one for the future for sure, but he is not ready IMO.

He will be badly exposed. He was flapping hopelessly on every crossed ball yesterday and that will just not cut it. The team as a whole needs to defend set pieces. I guarantee you we will give up at least one set piece goal in Russia. We just cannot go far with that kind of unstability.
Its too late for all that we have to stick with him!

I just want a competent keeper whose gaffes are not going to get us knocked out in R1
this was uzoho's first full game and he managed to make at least one calamitous mistake
and you are right he was also poor in the air
preferring to punch away the ball in moments a more composed keeper would have caught it

The problem is the composure he needs comes with exposure.
Which he is not getting at club level so we have to give it to him through the friendlies.
In particular the England game. He needs these high profile games to settle his nerves

i do wonder whose bright idea it was to abandon ezenwa and akpeyi for a player playing 3rd division football
If it was rohr's idea, it wasnt his finest moment
he has pinned our world cup hopes on a 19 yr old who may or may not overcome his nerves in time for Russia

Anyway we cant turn back now.
We have to back him especially fans active on social media
any negativity or unnecessary pressure might make him even more shaky which is the last thing we need