Goalkeeping Position Resolved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Goalkeeping Position Resolved

Post by Shownoja »

Uzoho will be Nigerian no1 for many years to come. Take away that 10m of nerves, the boy was commanding and his size send to intimidate the opponents. What I like most is his awareness of angles. This boy is real.
To stop trying is to start dying
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Goalkeeping Position Resolved

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Yup. had to han up on Vince midway through the 2nd half. We gotta help him get better. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Chai we have so many oloshos here foreal
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Still rough around the edges, but he's the best we've got.
After his intial shakiness he gave us a great second half. Yet to concede for Nigeria...
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

marutimon wrote:Still rough around the edges, but he's the best we've got.
After his intial shakiness he gave us a great second half. Yet to concede for Nigeria...
No doubt, but I think it was Oloye who posted in his encounter with Alloy Agu that they see in him a real telent. It showed/ Don't forget, this was his first full game for the country and he was playing against one of the top 10 sides in the world in their own stadium. I can definitely forgive his nerves.

I hope he's given the whole of the first half against Serbia. He need to continue to build on his confidence. And with the assurance of the oyinbo wall in front of him, he will surely grow into the role.
To stop trying is to start dying
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

How did we find Uzoho? And what work has been done with him? We need to save this and make it a continuous process. No reason Nigeria should have a dearth of quality goalkeepers, some countries have like 5.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Uzoho, Ndidi, Moses, and Mikel are the players we NEED fit and ready for the WC.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The boy is my #1 goalkeeper, errors or no errors, experiences or no experience. He is the best we have!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Definitely sealed the GK spot, but make we no lie we need Enyeama to at least motivate the kid since he is the face of the new generation.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I’m sorry but I’m not sold on this guy. He was making too many errors in the first half and the only reason he looked decent in the second half was because Poland was well contained. If there are options we should try them out first before bestowing the title of #1 upon him.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

This boy Has no composure on crosses and aerial balls
He is going to cost us a few points in the group stage
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its a Goal wrote:I’m sorry but I’m not sold on this guy. He was making too many errors in the first half and the only reason he looked decent in the second half was because Poland was well contained. If there are options we should try them out first before bestowing the title of #1 upon him.

Smh :roll: :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I like what I saw but IMHO the jury is still out on Uzoho. He is currently #1 but he needs more games under his belt. I would like to see him start the game on Tuesday and then replaced in the second half. This will help him grow in confidence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I’m sorry but I’m not sold on this guy. He was making too many errors in the first half and the only reason he looked decent in the second half was because Poland was well contained. If there are options we should try them out first before bestowing the title of #1 upon him.

Smh :roll: :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: I like what I saw but IMHO the jury is still out on Uzoho. He is currently #1 but he needs more games under his belt. I would like to see him start the game on Tuesday and then replaced in the second half. This will help him grow in confidence.
Exactly! I think it is too early to say much about Uzoho - one way or the other
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote: I like what I saw but IMHO the jury is still out on Uzoho. He is currently #1 but he needs more games under his belt. I would like to see him start the game on Tuesday and then replaced in the second half. This will help him grow in confidence.
Exactly! I think it is too early to say much about Uzoho - one way or the other
He is still way better than Akpeyi.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Not sure about that. Uzoho was shaky when catching high balls (His only clean catch was from a weaker header towards the end of the game) ) and with the ball at his feet. I think he is surprisingly quick when getting down to block shots and his anticipation is good too. But on the balance I think questions still remain around whether he is ready for the no 1 spot. The good thing is it seems like Rohr will give him enough chances to prove himself. He
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Apart from the Lewandoski attempt cant remeber any safe he made that reassured me.
Will rewatch the game again
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did we not resolve this position after the Sudan game at CHAN also? Make we wait small.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

HE'S NOT QUITE THE FINISHED PRODUCT YET, BUT...

...I think he showed enough to be considered the long-term solution. He needs to be groomed for this. Quite possible some good clubs snag him from his present club and make him their no. 1. That could get him very ready for the Nations Cup. He, Ikeme and a few others may become the pool the SE draws from for a while.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote:Not sure about that. Uzoho was shaky when catching high balls (His only clean catch was from a weaker header towards the end of the game) ) and with the ball at his feet. I think he is surprisingly quick when getting down to block shots and his anticipation is good too. But on the balance I think questions still remain around whether he is ready for the no 1 spot. The good thing is it seems like Rohr will give him enough chances to prove himself. He
Abeg tell us which keeper we have that does not have questions remaining on whether they are ready to be no 1.

The real question is who is the least 'worst' option?
Uzoho is on an upward trajectory. That trajectory might already be at (or might even have surpassed) the levels of Ezenwa and Akpeyi who IMHO have plateaued.
So the question of 'readiness' is academic.

'Ready or not...', you know the rest. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

We are like a 'brakeless' truck heading towards a cliff, knowing in our hearts of heart that only a MIRACLE can save the disaster that awaits the truck.
Uzoho is the best we truly have.......and that tells any thinking person the depth of our goalkeeping problem.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo