Goalkeeping Position Resolved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Goalkeeping Position Resolved

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Yup. had to han up on Vince midway through the 2nd half. We gotta help him get better. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Eh :???: :???: didn't you open a call enyama back thread at halftime? What's wrong Nigerians sef? This is why our players always lose confidence playing fo Nigeria. Na wa!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
john12 wrote:Chai we have so many oloshos here foreal
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

The YeyeMan wrote:Uzoho, Ndidi, Moses, and Mikel are the players we NEED fit and ready for the WC.

IN ADDITION TO THOSE OBVIOUS FOUR, I'D SAY...

...you need seven more "fit and ready" players. Those four would have problems winning matches on their own.
Bell
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

The YeyeMan wrote:Image

:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Classy...and he played again today.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Obong wrote:

He played? For who?:shock: :shock: :shock: oya, i will call him back.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]zee[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I’m sorry but I’m not sold on this guy. He was making too many errors in the first half and the only reason he looked decent in the second half was because Poland was well contained. If there are options we should try them out first before bestowing the title of #1 upon him.
We are like a 'brakeless' truck heading towards a cliff, knowing in our hearts of heart that only a MIRACLE can save the disaster that awaits the truck.
Uzoho is the best we truly have.......and that tells any thinking person the depth of our goalkeeping problem.
KPOM. You captured it perfectly.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]zee[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I’m sorry but I’m not sold on this guy. He was making too many errors in the first half and the only reason he looked decent in the second half was because Poland was well contained. If there are options we should try them out first before bestowing the title of #1 upon him.
We are like a 'brakeless' truck heading towards a cliff, knowing in our hearts of heart that only a MIRACLE can save the disaster that awaits the truck.
Uzoho is the best we truly have.......and that tells any thinking person the depth of our goalkeeping problem.
KPOM. You captured it perfectly.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am against recalling players who have effectively retired from international duties however in this particular situation I won't mind changing my tune on Enyeama. The WC is not a place to be experimenting. Uzoho is not ready for this level of competition and should not be put in a situation where his career can be impacted negatively. Let Enyeama return for this one last hurrah. He is experienced enough to know how to handle the WC duties and at the same time be a mentor to Uzoho.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:I am against recalling players who have effectively retired from international duties however in this particular situation I won't mind changing my tune on Enyeama. The WC is not a place to be experimenting. Uzoho is not ready for this level of competition and should not be put in a situation where his career can be impacted negatively. Let Enyeama return for this one last hurrah. He is experienced enough to know how to handle the WC duties and at the same time be a mentor to Uzoho.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yes, Enyeama's father owns Nigeria, so our world cup appearance is all about him. Cellular said a couple of days ago that Enyeama should be allowed "to retire at the end of the world cup like players usually do." Now, you are saying "Let Enyeama return for his one last hurrah!"

I no really blame two of una. This is why Nigeria is a country in decay. Enyeama retired form the National team and left us in tatters! We struggled and got ourselves back up and pushed to qualify for the world cup. Now, we should allow the person who abandoned us in our time of need to come back and do his "one last hurrah." So, if we didnt qualify for the world up, where will Enyeama do his "one last hurrah?" :roll: :roll: IAG, please dont let me tear your shirt this night! :veryangry: :veryangry:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Obong wrote:

He played? For who?:shock: :shock: :shock: oya, i will call him back.
Says LOSC on his jersey, hmm wonder what that means...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:Says LOSC on his jersey, hmm wonder what that means...
It's a reserve team game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I am against recalling players who have effectively retired from international duties however in this particular situation I won't mind changing my tune on Enyeama. The WC is not a place to be experimenting. Uzoho is not ready for this level of competition and should not be put in a situation where his career can be impacted negatively. Let Enyeama return for this one last hurrah. He is experienced enough to know how to handle the WC duties and at the same time be a mentor to Uzoho.

Yes, Enyeama's father owns Nigeria, so our world cup appearance is all about him. Cellular said a couple of days ago that Enyeama should be allowed "to retire at the end of the world cup like players usually do." Now, you are saying "Let Enyeama return for his one last hurrah!"

I no really blame two of una. This is why Nigeria is a country in decay. Enyeama retired form the National team and left us in tatters! We struggled and got ourselves back up and pushed to qualify for the world cup. Now, we should allow the person who abandoned us in our time of need to come back and do his "one last hurrah." So, if we didnt qualify for the world up, where will Enyeama do his "one last hurrah?" :roll: :roll: IAG, please dont let me tear your shirt this night! :veryangry: :veryangry:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
But he’s clubless now, reserve of what?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Lille B. A semi-pro game most likely.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeye, mace04 is being sarcastic based on some proven false information peddled on this forum.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Lille are.morons.

Enyeama never dropped off. Bamenda boy was here peddling nonsense about the guy having bad stats, but he simply went from world record level stats to Regular top flight standard.

Enyeama objectively is good enough to play for both the SE and Lille today.

Lille may have messed up his match fitness though.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Uzoho is only 19 and still raw. I already prefer him to Ezenwa. He needs to be more decisive on crosses and decide early if he's going to come out. His delivery also needs to improve.
Last edited by olu on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: I am against recalling players who have effectively retired from international duties however in this particular situation I won't mind changing my tune on Enyeama. The WC is not a place to be experimenting. Uzoho is not ready for this level of competition and should not be put in a situation where his career can be impacted negatively. Let Enyeama return for this one last hurrah. He is experienced enough to know how to handle the WC duties and at the same time be a mentor to Uzoho.

Oya bewu kaja :taunt:. Stop taking my comment out of context. I did not say we should recall Enyeama for the sake of it rather to serve a purpose. No one right now is good enough to command the #1 position. The last thing we need is to take a rookie to the WC and end up shooting ourselves in the foot because our opponents are able to exploit his inexperience. Enyeama on the other hand is a proven commodity. If he is tried out in one of these friendlies and shows his sharpness is still there then let Uzoho understudy him. Uzoho doesn't need to be the #1 at this point as he still has a long career ahead of him.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have seen park GKs that are better than Akpeyi.
bret- hart wrote:
He is still way better than Akpeyi.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:Did we not resolve this position after the Sudan game at CHAN also? Make we wait small.
KPOM.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Obong wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yeye, mace04 is being sarcastic based on some proven false information peddled on this forum.
He's playing his second game in 5 months for Lille B in the French 5th division. Maybe he's trying to get back into the super eagles... but if the argument against Uzoho is that he plays at a low level, then Enyeama isn't the answer.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

olu wrote:Uzoho is only 19 and still raw. I already prefer him to Ezenwa. He needs to be more decisive on crosses and decide early if he's going to come out. His delivery also needs to improve.

He got caught out in no mans land time and time again, some of his attempts were comical to say the least. I also didnt see the kind of command and confidence he showed in his debut against Argentina. That being said, he definitely has some great instincts, and gets down really fast which is great for someone his size. I don't know what kind of training can be done to help with the crossing, but if he is our starting keeper come world cup, you can trust and believe we will see a TON of crosses into our boxes.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

metalalloy wrote:
olu wrote:Uzoho is only 19 and still raw. I already prefer him to Ezenwa. He needs to be more decisive on crosses and decide early if he's going to come out. His delivery also needs to improve.

He got caught out in no mans land time and time again, some of his attempts were comical to say the least. I also didnt see the kind of command and confidence he showed in his debut against Argentina. That being said, he definitely has some great instincts, and gets down really fast which is great for someone his size. I don't know what kind of training can be done to help with the crossing, but if he is our starting keeper come world cup, you can trust and believe we will see a TON of crosses into our boxes.
Kpom................................and not normal crosses but swinging ones with vicious force that any contact sends the ball into the net.
Another big problem is his punching the balls 'striaght-on' giving our opponents a 2nd chance to take a shot at our goal.
there is a reason why the world best keepers flick the ball over the bar or punch it 'sideways'.
But he is still 19yrs and will come good in future...............
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo