Ebuehi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ebuehi

Post by Dammy »

Mace, Ebuehi is a natural RB while Shehu is not and the difference is clear. Ebuehi is the best RB in the Dutch Eredivisie and it is obvious from the way he plays. He has better understanding of the position than Shehu, that is why he is hardly caught out of position. He is faster and does not tug on his opponents jersey ( remember the penalty against Algeria). Shehu got done for pace a few times yesterday. At the highest level, Shehu will be exposed( Lewadowski almost profited from Shehu being caught out of position). Shehu should go to the WC as a midfielder.
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:
okidoki wrote:The way he runs back, while still watching his back is interesting.
Huh??
Lol. Yeah me too.

I think he meant tracking back towards his own goal while still watching the play in front of him.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Rohr is building his team step by step. I have always said this. No doubt Shehu is the starter and has deservedly earned the trust of the coaching staff. However, Ebuehi is the better and more natural Right Back and it is only a question of time before he unseats Shehu. This is not a knock on Shehu who has himself grown by leaps and bounds as a national team player, but he's ultimately a CM/DM.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oscar52 wrote:I am not sold on Shehu on that RB spot. He seems to be poor defending (caught out of position a lot), poor crossing, poor passing etc. We might have to move Ndidi back there (he played well there against Zambia) and have Ebuehi back him up since we are loaded in the DM spot.
Bros, you should not have typed this. Ndidi was horrible against Zambia in the RB position.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is improving. Good young player.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Shehu is the better player , Ebuehi is a quality back up
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

But our extra ordinary conservative coach was not going to play him until Shehu sustained an injury. His reasons for selecting players is absolutely questionable. Well I guess because SE has won some games fortuitously he is beyond reproach.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

So far Ebuehi has done well when he has come on, and some say even better than Shehu, but the coach does not seem entirely sold on him at this point. I trust Rohr's opinion over all else because he is the coach actually seeing them play together on the training pitch. What he needs to do now is give Ebuehi a full game so that we the fans can get a better idea of what he is seeing/not seeing in the guy.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

okidoki wrote:Shehu isn't bad, but like someone stated. Ebuehi is just more nimble, and has a better football mind.

Folks still don't get it, The only reason shehu started ahead of Ebuehi was down to Ebuehi's fitness issues. And a half fit Ebuehi came in yesterday and showed the world intelligent defending, effortlessly dispossessing attackers, awareness, crisp passes. Shehu should be tried as a midfielder moving forward
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Shehu can improve, I remember the game against Algeria where he got scorched by the Algerian attacker. He was totally out of position. His positioning can improve and he also has a good engine on him.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ebeuhi should start against Serbia. Competition is good.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Mace, Ebuehi is a natural RB while Shehu is not and the difference is clear. Ebuehi is the best RB in the Dutch Eredivisie and it is obvious from the way he plays. He has better understanding of the position than Shehu, that is why he is hardly caught out of position. He is faster and does not tug on his opponents jersey ( remember the penalty against Algeria). Shehu got done for pace a few times yesterday. At the highest level, Shehu will be exposed( Lewadowski almost profited from Shehu being caught out of position). Shehu should go to the WC as a midfielder.
You got all that from 15 minutes where he wasn’t tested that much? All what you say could be true, but yesterday’s game wasn’t really a great example of it. Argentina Game maybe more so.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YUJAM wrote:I watched the game and Ebuehi came on in the 77th
min. In the time he was in, he did not show that he is a better fit at RB than Shehu who is physically stronger and far more experienced at this spot. Ebuehi's time willl come but Shehu is ahead of him at the moment
And that's the truth and nothing but the truth.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Cellular wrote:
min. In the time he was in, he did not show that he is a better fit at RB than Shehu who is physically stronger and far more experienced at this spot. Ebuehi's time willl come but Shehu is ahead of him at the moment

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Comedy
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

9jaMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Comedy
Clown...............the joke is on you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ebeuhi should start against Serbia. Competition is good.

There is no competition bro, Ebuehi is the first choice RB, it will take some folks a little longer to get it but it's ok :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oscar52 wrote:I am not sold on Shehu on that RB spot. He seems to be poor defending (caught out of position a lot), poor crossing, poor passing etc. We might have to move Ndidi back there (he played well there against Zambia) and have Ebuehi back him up since we are loaded in the DM spot.

So, if we are listening to you and Ayo, we will move Ndidi to rightback and Joel to left back. :clap: :clap:

Thank God for ROhr. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:But our extra ordinary conservative coach was not going to play him until Shehu sustained an injury. His reasons for selecting players is absolutely questionable. Well I guess because SE has won some games fortuitously he is beyond reproach.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are hurt... I know your heart aches every time you watch Nigeria win "fortuitously." Only if we could lose so that your agenda can come to fruition. Keep waiting! Your agenda will NEVER happen.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

9jaMan wrote:
okidoki wrote:Shehu isn't bad, but like someone stated. Ebuehi is just more nimble, and has a better football mind.

Folks still don't get it, The only reason shehu started ahead of Ebuehi was down to Ebuehi's fitness issues. And a half fit Ebuehi came in yesterday and showed the world intelligent defending, effortlessly dispossessing attackers, awareness, crisp passes. Shehu should be tried as a midfielder moving forward
If you truly think that, then... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: nevermind. :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

9jaMan wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Ebeuhi should start against Serbia. Competition is good.

There is no competition bro, Ebuehi is the first choice RB, it will take some folks a little longer to get it but it's ok :thumbs:
This is actually, factually, incorrect.. but.. never mind. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:Mace, Ebuehi is a natural RB while Shehu is not and the difference is clear. Ebuehi is the best RB in the Dutch Eredivisie and it is obvious from the way he plays. He has better understanding of the position than Shehu, that is why he is hardly caught out of position. He is faster and does not tug on his opponents jersey ( remember the penalty against Algeria). Shehu got done for pace a few times yesterday. At the highest level, Shehu will be exposed( Lewadowski almost profited from Shehu being caught out of position). Shehu should go to the WC as a midfielder.
You got all that from 15 minutes where he wasn’t tested that much? All what you say could be true, but yesterday’s game wasn’t really a great example of it. Argentina Game maybe more so.
Last 15 min where Poland was down by 1 goal at home and you say he wasn't tested?? He was clearly targeted. Ebuehi played a perfect 45 mins against Argentina and another perfect 15 mins against Poland. He is doing all it takes to take over a position and it's happening right before our eyes. Shehu had a better game against Argentina than he did yesterday. I love Shehu as both a footballer and what I've seen or heard about him personally, but I can't deny the fact that Ebuehi is coming on strong. Hope Ebuehi starts against Serbia.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

In Ndidi we have one of the best DMs in the world right now. No way we are moving him to right back
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:What exactly did you guys see Ebuehi do? He was on for 15 minutes and did the basics.
Oh boy... I think sey nah only me oh! i was starting to scratch my head. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The good thing about all of these is; whatever opinion people may have, it is all - subjective. Thus everyone has his/her opinion which is good
Last edited by Odas on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.