Ebuehi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ebuehi

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

okidoki wrote:Shehu isn't bad, but like someone stated. Ebuehi is just more nimble, and has a better football mind.
You deduced all that in less than 15 minutes of play? The wonderful thing is there’s no chance Rhor will listen to you and run the risk of having his game plan derailed. Having said that, I believe Shehu is adequate but I’m more convinced than ever that Ambrose should be given another look, especially now that he’s fit and in form :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

YUJAM wrote:I watched the game and Ebuehi came on in the 77th
min. In the time he was in, he did not show that he is a better fit at RB than Shehu who is physically stronger and far more experienced at this spot. Ebuehi's time willl come but Shehu is ahead of him at the moment
:agree: :agree:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

bully12 wrote:But our extra ordinary conservative coach was not going to play him until Shehu sustained an injury. His reasons for selecting players is absolutely questionable. Well I guess because SE has won some games fortuitously he is beyond reproach.
Dude, please kindly shut the #$%$ up. Folks like you are the reason Nigeria remains a dumpster. Simpleton that can see beyond garbage reasoning. Enemy of progress.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

jdizzy wrote:
bully12 wrote:But our extra ordinary conservative coach was not going to play him until Shehu sustained an injury. His reasons for selecting players is absolutely questionable. Well I guess because SE has won some games fortuitously he is beyond reproach.
Dude, please kindly shut the #$%$ up. Folks like you are the reason Nigeria remains a dumpster. Simpleton that can see beyond garbage reasoning. Enemy of progress.

He is making sense tho, What are players like Akpeyi, Musa, and Simon doing in the Current SE. He keeps inviting Agbo but never plays him. Other countries are using data and stats to select players, Rohr is forming a click of headless chickens. Stats in Belguim don't favor Simon, other Nigerians playing the same positions are doing Berra. Germany did not invite their World Cup winning goal scorer Mario Gotze to their recent friendlies cos the kid is currently not balling enough per stats. Rohr has to do better with his selections, keep the team current, select game changers, Numbers don't lie.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

And you think that it’s appropriate to drop Experienced players 2 months before World Cup for inexperienced ones who will bemused by the world stage. Nwanne ku aka gi
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:the boy owns that RB spot! have to agree with Ayo that you'd have to be a saboteur to not give him that shirt. He snuffed out the constant attacks from the left side and even bailed out the CD on a few times. He's the RB in Russia.
Kongi you be real madman.............I just re-watched the whole match because of una.
Ebuchi just touched the 3 or 4 times and his best move/effort was tackling a ball into throw-in.

Anyway all our players balled and worked real HARD for each other. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If we are being honest, Shehu was atrocious yesterday. He was by far our worst player on the pitch, being caught horribly out of position time and time again.

When Lewandowski hit the post in the first half it was a cross from his position where Shehu was nowhere to be found

he then fouled a player in the exact same manner he did against Algeria

The guy is not even a natural right back, and we are playing him ahead of 2 natural RB's (AIna, ebuhei) who are playing week in week out at a higher standard.

Abdullahi doesn't even play RB for his club. If he is not good enough for Buraspor he certainly is not good enough for SE.

Enough with this makeshift nonsense. Ebuehi is the man and Aina should be backup.

mark my words, Abduallahi will give away a PK if he plays in the WC.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote:I watched the game and Ebuehi came on in the 77th
min. In the time he was in, he did not show that he is a better fit at RB than Shehu who is physically stronger and far more experienced at this spot. Ebuehi's time willl come but Shehu is ahead of him at the moment
I didn't see anything spectacular he did...although Shehu did not have his best game.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

zee wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:the boy owns that RB spot! have to agree with Ayo that you'd have to be a saboteur to not give him that shirt. He snuffed out the constant attacks from the left side and even bailed out the CD on a few times. He's the RB in Russia.
Kongi you be real madman.............I just re-watched the whole match because of una.
Ebuchi just touched the 3 or 4 times and his best move/effort was tackling a ball into throw-in.

Anyway all our players balled and worked real HARD for each other. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
For once I agree with you...maybe Kongi watched the game from his calabash once again.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
okidoki wrote:Shehu isn't bad, but like someone stated. Ebuehi is just more nimble, and has a better football mind.
You deduced all that in less than 15 minutes of play? The wonderful thing is there’s no chance Rhor will listen to you and run the risk of having his game plan derailed. Having said that, I believe Shehu is adequate but I’m more convinced than ever that Ambrose should be given another look, especially now that he’s fit and in form :!:

Cheers.

Ambrose played RB because we were managing a situation where we didn't have viable options. That isn't the case anymore. Efe's value to the team now (assuming that he's ever recalled by Rohr) is as a reserve Centreback who can fill in at the outside back spots if we're in a pinch. I prefer him to Stephen Eze and Uche Agbo as our potential 5th option at Centreback. But not as a RB because he's too easily exploited by fleet footed wingers.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Too much sentimental perspectives on individual player performance.
Great to know that the SE will not determine the team.
Kai!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:If we are being honest, Shehu was atrocious yesterday. He was by far our worst player on the pitch, being caught horribly out of position time and time again.

When Lewandowski hit the post in the first half it was a cross from his position where Shehu was nowhere to be found

The guy is not even a natural right back, and we are playing him ahead of 2 natural RB's (AIna, ebuhei) who are playing week in week out at a higher standard.

Abdullahi doesn't even play RB for his club. If he is not good enough for Buraspor he certainly is not good enough for SE.

Enough with this makeshift nonsense. Ebuehi is the man and Aina should be backup.

Shehu was not atrocious yesterday. He was caught on the wrong side of the attacking player twice (leading to one dangerous moment for us). Other than that he did his job defensively with a couple of key stops. Offensively I thought that he didn't offer enough when he got into good positions. In one instance, he and Victor Moses weren't on the same page, and he had two crosses that didn't find their mark. But he also had a beautiful ball out of the back for Ighalo that the Polish goalkeeper cut out smartly. On the whole it was an average day at the office. Certainly not an awful day.

Also, at Bursaspor he's played RB, CM and DM. I prefer Ebuehi to Shehu at RB, as well, but it's important to call things as they are. And I will not rubbish Shehu, simply because I prefer Ebuehi.

Shehu has been a key player for us and has improved immensely as a national team player. However he is a Central Midfielder first, and a Right Back second. Whereas Ebuehi is a pure Right Back. If you watch his positioning, his timing, his pace, his awareness of what's going on around him, and the ease in which he gets in to join the attack when he overlaps (not to mention that his final ball is usually on point) you will see the difference between a very talented Right Back and a very talented Defensive minded Central Midfielder playing Right Back.

That is the case for Ebuehi. And it can be made without denigrating a very good player in Shehu Abdullahi. Rohr, of course, knows all this and will let both players continue to compete for playing time - which is as it should be (and is ideally what we want at every position).
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

People failed to realize that Shehu is a natural DM, playing at RB for SE is going to be a bit hard against teams with better wing play.

Ebuehi is a RB, so reading the game in that position comes naturally to him.

It would be nice to see Shehu along side of Ndidi and Mikel in the middle.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

truetalk wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I am not sold on Shehu on that RB spot. He seems to be poor defending (caught out of position a lot), poor crossing, poor passing etc. We might have to move Ndidi back there (he played well there against Zambia) and have Ebuehi back him up since we are loaded in the DM spot.
Bros, you should not have typed this. Ndidi was horrible against Zambia in the RB position.
I just ignored that one :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:If we are being honest, Shehu was atrocious yesterday. He was by far our worst player on the pitch, being caught horribly out of position time and time again.

Because is he a Natural DM :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mystic wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Cheers.

Ambrose played RB because we were managing a situation where we didn't have viable options. That isn't the case anymore. Efe's value to the team now (assuming that he's ever recalled by Rohr) is as a reserve Centreback who can fill in at the outside back spots if we're in a pinch. I prefer him to Stephen Eze and Uche Agbo as our potential 5th option at Centreback. But not as a RB because he's too easily exploited by fleet footed wingers.
Nothing more to add.
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

oscar52 wrote:I am not sold on Shehu on that RB spot. He seems to be poor defending (caught out of position a lot), poor crossing, poor passing etc. We might have to move Ndidi back there (he played well there against Zambia) and have Ebuehi back him up since we are loaded in the DM spot.
WOW
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Shehu is a solid at RB, but with the little I've seen of Ebuehi it won't surprise me if he becomes our starting RB before the world cup. Looks like we have 2 solid RBs. Curious to see how Ebuehi fares against Serbia.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

The little I have seen of him suggests Ebuehi's sense of positioning allows him to defend more effortlessly than Shehu at right back. As someone mentioned, maybe because he is a career RB - we all know that no one wants to be career RB in 9ja, na condition de cause am. The names too many to mention Eguavoen, Mobi, Okpara, Yobo, Ambrose, Shehu, even RWB Moses LOL! etc, etc, etc.

Also, maybe the opposition has tired out when he comes in, so I would like to see Ebuehi start a game before drawing conclusions. It also didn't help that Shehu didn't excel at all going forward in the Poland game - but in truth he has had better games.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Edu wrote:
WOW
:shock: :shock: :shock: see CE reasoning!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:
okidoki wrote:The way he runs back, while still watching his back is interesting.
Huh??
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Craze man...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

All Vancity's life in the history of CE is having a war in his mind against either a player or coach. I have never seen anything uplifting nor seen anything he has done beneficial for CE community
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cmo'n man. Go back and look at the video below, and see where that breakdown came from leading to that cross, it is very harsh to blame Shehu for that. The breakdown came from our ineffective press off the Polish throwing on the opposite side of the field. When Poland threw the ball in, our entire back line shifted toward the throw in. Leon Balogun pushed up to cover a Polish player, moving towards the thrower, and motioned for Ekong to cover him, and Ekong then moved to the left as well. Shehu, as a result of the shift, was on the "top of the key" of the penalty box (away from the RB position) where a CB would normally be, covering a polish player. Due to that shift, our player ahead of Shehu on the wing (Moses) needed to drop back and cover any overlapping runs, otherwise, Shehu would have to run out to the wings and abandon the Polish player in the center of the field to receive the ball and head towards our goal unimpeded.

The breakdown happened because we did not press effectively as a team, specifically, Ndidi did not close up on the Polish player closest to him in time, and Moses failed to continue to track the overlapping Polish player that was his responsibility once the ball wasnt passed to the Pole, and tried to recover after the guy ran behind him, but it was a lost cause at that point. Shehu rightfully pressed up on his player, but because Ndidi did not stick close to his man, that Ndidi's player player had time to receive the ball and send a one touch pass to the player who overlapped behind Moses. Ekong probably could have run out to contest the cross when he saw that Shehu had committed in the middle, he started, he started, but then changed his mind and ran back, and the cross came pretty early. It was a good move by the Poles, and it really is someone looking to find fault with Shehu that would blame him for that.

https://highlightsfootball.com/video/po ... ighlights/
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16