Ekong is ready

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ekong is ready

Post by Tobi17 »

The bobo is our Uche Okechukwu, very assured and solid defender. He more than held his own against the likes of Lewandowski and Milik for the better part of the game, complimented Balogun well and was my MOTM...and to think that the bobo is still young, I hope he goes on to have a great career ahead.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: Ekong is ready

Post by Shownoja »

Tobi17 wrote:The bobo is our Uche Okechukwu, very assured and solid defender. He more than held his own against the likes of Lewandowski and Milik for the better part of the game, complimented Balogun well and was my MOTM...and to think that the bobo is still young, I hope he goes on to have a great career ahead.
+1
To stop trying is to start dying
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

King Kong was a beast tonight. At the beginning the captain armband weighed him down a bit. But he managed to refocus as the game progressed...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Has been winning MOM awards since the Olympics
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And to think he was released by Tottenham!??
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:King Kong was a beast tonight. At the beginning the captain armband weighed him down a bit. But he managed to refocus as the game progressed...
How do you know this? Someone also said the same about Balogun from the Algeria game. How do you guys know? Is the player's hand drooping?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

oloye wrote:Has been winning MOM awards since the Olympics
Fact not feelings...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Mr Shows wrote:King Kong was a beast tonight. At the beginning the captain armband weighed him down a bit. But he managed to refocus as the game progressed...
Una don come again. Dude was solid from the get go...Haba
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Yes, I had a similar reaction. This was the match I finally accepted that the boy is legit. He’s very good
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Yes, I had a similar reaction. This was the match I finally accepted that the boy is legit. He’s very good
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
How do you know this? Someone also said the same about Balogun from the Algeria game. How do you guys know? Is the player's hand drooping?

:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He just needs to be fully focused and cut out mistakes. There was a particular move by Poland that he anticipated, he got ahead of Lewadowski and inexplicably missed the ball. That sort of mistake could result in a goal and he needs to cut them out. Otherwise he had a solid game.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Capo!!!

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Tobi17 wrote:The bobo is our Uche Okechukwu, very assured and solid defender. He more than held his own against the likes of Lewandowski and Milik for the better part of the game, complimented Balogun well and was my MOTM...and to think that the bobo is still young, I hope he goes on to have a great career ahead.
Yep, Ekong is the new Uche Okechukwu.

I'm sorry to say but I don't have much confidence in Balogun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

return2k2 wrote:
Yep, Ekong is the new Uche Okechukwu.

I'm sorry to say but I don't have much confidence in Balogun.
To be fair, Balogun does not have confidence in you, either.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Ekong ‘honoured’ to lead Nigeria to victory vs. Poland

Post by 1naija »

Yahoo Sports

William Troost-Ekong ‘honoured’ to lead Nigeria to victory vs. Poland

Sporting News Sporting News 3 hours ago .
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/william-tr ... 08079.html

William Troost-Ekong is ‘honoured’ to lead Nigeria to a 1-0 victory over Poland in a friendly outing on Friday evening.

In the absence of the Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, owing to work permit issue at his base in China, the Bursaspor defender was given the responsibility to lead the team against Adam Nawalka's men.

Victor Moses’ strike from the penalty spot made the difference as Gernot Rohr’s side continued their World Cup preparations on a positive note.

Delighted with the outcome of the game in his first outing as the skipper of the three-time African champions, the Dutch-born defender has taken to the social media to share his feelings.

“Very Honoured to captain Nigeria for the first time today [Friday],” Ekong posted on Instagram.

“And very proud of the boys who fought well to beat Poland 1-0. Thanks for your support!”

On Tuesday, Nigeria will take on Serbia in another friendly encounter at the Hive Stadium, London.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ekong ‘honoured’ to lead Nigeria to victory vs. Poland

Post by metalalloy »

:clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Ekong ‘honoured’ to lead Nigeria to victory vs. Poland

Post by Goldleaf »

He was my MoM with Joel Obi hot at his heels.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

oloye wrote:Has been winning MOM awards since the Olympics
When a renowned center-back endorses you, you are legit. Ekong is our undisputed defence General. Played like a true captain and deserving of the Man- of -the -Match award.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Remember Collin Udoh a while back saying someday he will captain Nigeria.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

I would like to see a partnership of ekong and omeruo. I think their speed and recovery rate will be needed against teams with fast attackers.
supereagles all the way