Here is my official match report

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
Re: Here is my official match report

Post by icee »

@ Danfo- someone asked to suggest a better player than Nwakali and in the spirit of rational discourse, i put forth Ajagun and qualified it as my opinion (Note- Ajagun excelled in the same dutch league that Nwakali has yet to break into). Now what does "agency" have to do with having a discussion about our AM options? I have posted about Ajagun before as i've been following him closely since 2016. Here's why I think we need to at least try him (this season he is pushing close to 2500 minutes on the field, 3 goals) consistently playing since 2016 in the AM role - also posts from 2018 & 2017 below -

.............................................................................................................

Here's my post on Ajagun at the tail end of last season when he was in the Netherlands. He continues steadily...stats consistent with the season. I remember he scored on his debut in Greece before gping on Loan in the Dutch League. Goal scoring Midfielder anyone. .....Here's my summary on him from last season (stats does not include this season).
"""""................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ajagon has played close to 3000 minutes this season 80% of which were in teh AM position. For his club,

1. Regular playing time in the AM position - 33 games for Roda JC, ~ 3000 minutes played
2. Goal scoring ability and good at set pieces - 5 goals in 33 games (he isn't a striker but you can expect a goal per tournament based on club stats)
3. Game strategy / flexibility - He can and has played LWB & RWB, and LMF this season (he doesn't score when deployed elsewhere but AM)

Ajagon's Nigerian Record

- Delivered when given the chance - U20 - Played 23 games, scored 12 goals
- U17 He played 7 games, scored 2 goals
"""""">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On account of his record for Nigeria in U20s, U 17, he'll score every 2.5 games - Good for an AM.

Based on what I've watched this season and ..the stats above, he should get a look in. I think he'll emerge the best fit for us at AM. I ask that we (CE) try to watch a couple of his games next season; views appreciated. He is smart , has good vision
Last edited by icee on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bro, we will try Ajagun in September, AFTER the world cup.
icee wrote:@ Danfo- someone asked to suggest a better player than Nwakali and in the spirit of rational discourse, i put forth Ajagun and qualified it as my opinion. Now what does "agency" have to do with have a discussion about our AM options? I have posted about Ajagun before as i've been following him closely since 2016. Here's why I think we need to at least try him (this season he is pushing close to 2500 minutes on the field, 3 goals) consistently playing since 2016 in the AM role - also posts from 2018 & 2017 below -

.............................................................................................................

Here's my post on Ajagun at the tail end of last season when he was in the Netherlands. He continues steadily...stats consistent with the season. I remember he scored on his debut in Greece before gping on Loan in the Dutch League. Goal scoring Midfielder anyone. .....Here's my summary on him from last season (stats does not include this season).
Ajagon has played close to 3000 minutes this season 80% of which were in teh AM position. For his club,

1. Regular playing time in the AM position - 33 games for Roda JC, ~ 3000 minutes played
2. Goal scoring ability and good at set pieces - 5 goals in 33 games (he isn't a striker but you can expect a goal per tournament based on club stats)
3. Game strategy / flexibility - He can and has played LWB & RWB, and LMF this season (he doesn't score when deployed elsewhere but AM)

Ajagon's Nigerian Record

On account of his record for Nigeria in U20s, U 17, he'll score every 2.5 games - Good for an AM.

Based on what I've watched this season and ..the stats above, he should get a look in. I think he'll emerge the best fit for us at AM. I ask that we (CE) try to watch a couple of his games next season; views appreciated. He is smart , has good vision
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Super Eagles put in spirited performance as they beat Poland 1-0 thanks to Moses penalty - See more at: https://goo.gl/LZgCxE

Now, here are my observations:

[1] Francis Uzoho is five classes above any other goalkeeper we have. He had a shaky start but his quality eventually shone through

[2] This was a good baptism of fire for him. he came out with flying colours keeping a clean sheet

[3] Tyronne Ebuehi is two classes above Shehu Abdullahi. Why Rohr is even decided over this is beyond me

[4] I am a bit worried about Balogun's lack of pace

[5] Kenneth Omeruo does not fill me with a lot of confidence either. I think going forward, our central defensive pairing for the future will be Ekong and Awaziem

[6] Brian Idowu is not left footed and cannot whip in crosses as you expect from a fullback. I maintain that Joel Obi is our best option at left fullback

[7] I hope all those shouting Musa, Musa, Musa will keep quiet now. See how he wasted two easy scoring chances

[8] My biggest worry with this team is the playmaker position. Playing Iheanacho there was plain silly. I am not sold on Iwobi either, However you cut it, Kelechi Nwakali remains our most talented playmaker, whatever challenges he is currently facing

[9] If we could miraculously get Nwakali and Onyekuru playing at their best, we have a team that can go far in the World Cup

[10] Only the difficult, obstinate and those lacking in knowledge will dispute that our best formation is 4-3-3 and opur best formation is - Uzoho, Ebuehi, Joel, Ekong, Balogun, Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakali, Onyekuru, Ighalo, Moses.
Is this a match report? Ayo, I love you but this is taking the proverbial.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Super Eagles put in spirited performance as they beat Poland 1-0 thanks to Moses penalty - See more at: https://goo.gl/LZgCxE

Now, here are my observations:

[1] Francis Uzoho is five classes above any other goalkeeper we have. He had a shaky start but his quality eventually shone through

[2] This was a good baptism of fire for him. he came out with flying colours keeping a clean sheet

[3] Tyronne Ebuehi is two classes above Shehu Abdullahi. Why Rohr is even decided over this is beyond me

[4] I am a bit worried about Balogun's lack of pace

[5] Kenneth Omeruo does not fill me with a lot of confidence either. I think going forward, our central defensive pairing for the future will be Ekong and Awaziem

[6] Brian Idowu is not left footed and cannot whip in crosses as you expect from a fullback. I maintain that Joel Obi is our best option at left fullback

[7] I hope all those shouting Musa, Musa, Musa will keep quiet now. See how he wasted two easy scoring chances

[8] My biggest worry with this team is the playmaker position. Playing Iheanacho there was plain silly. I am not sold on Iwobi either, However you cut it, Kelechi Nwakali remains our most talented playmaker, whatever challenges he is currently facing

[9] If we could miraculously get Nwakali and Onyekuru playing at their best, we have a team that can go far in the World Cup

[10] Only the difficult, obstinate and those lacking in knowledge will dispute that our best formation is 4-3-3 and opur best formation is - Uzoho, Ebuehi, Joel, Ekong, Balogun, Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakali, Onyekuru, Ighalo, Moses.
Is this a match report? Ayo, I love you but this is taking the proverbial.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Here is the match report Waffi: Super Eagles put in spirited performance as they beat Poland 1-0 thanks to Moses penalty - See more at: https://goo.gl/LZgCxE
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

icee wrote:@ Danfo- someone asked to suggest a better player than Nwakali and in the spirit of rational discourse, i put forth Ajagun and qualified it as my opinion (Note- Ajagun excelled in the same dutch league that Nwakali has yet to break into). Now what does "agency" have to do with having a discussion about our AM options? I have posted about Ajagun before as i've been following him closely since 2016. Here's why I think we need to at least try him (this season he is pushing close to 2500 minutes on the field, 3 goals) consistently playing since 2016 in the AM role - also posts from 2018 & 2017 below -

Ajagon's Nigerian Record

However you cut it, we need a playmaker for this team to reach its potential. I am sure Rohr would have reached that conclusion too after yesterday's game.

If you watch the 2014 match against Argentina and see how many shots they had on goal, making poor Vince work overtime. This team does not allow opponents run at its defence like that.

However, what we are lacking now is creativity in the final third. To be honest, I would settle for a Michael Babatunde at this juncture. Someone who can:

[1] Go past opponents
[2] Thread passes through defences
[3] Pick out teammates with diagonal passes
[4] Backheel the ball unexpectedly
[5] Disguise passes
[6] Play one-twos on the edge of the area
[7] Dance into the penalty box
[8] Use the outside of his foot to flick passes
[9] Thread the ball through the eye of a needle
[10] Deliver no look passes

I thought Iwobi would be able to offer this but alas, he is just a grafter. A typical English player who tracks back, works for the team and has a good eye for goal.

Now, if you ask me, Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun are the only two players I can see providing us with playmaking capabilities at the moment. I find it a travesty that Rohr has not even tested both of them.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

WONDERFUL!

you mean you have abandoned your 3-5-2 crusade?