Here is my official match report

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Here is my official match report

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Super Eagles put in spirited performance as they beat Poland 1-0 thanks to Moses penalty - See more at: https://goo.gl/LZgCxE

Now, here are my observations:

[1] Francis Uzoho is five classes above any other goalkeeper we have. He had a shaky start but his quality eventually shone through

[2] This was a good baptism of fire for him. he came out with flying colours keeping a clean sheet

[3] Tyronne Ebuehi is two classes above Shehu Abdullahi. Why Rohr is even decided over this is beyond me

[4] I am a bit worried about Balogun's lack of pace

[5] Kenneth Omeruo does not fill me with a lot of confidence either. I think going forward, our central defensive pairing for the future will be Ekong and Awaziem

[6] Brian Idowu is not left footed and cannot whip in crosses as you expect from a fullback. I maintain that Joel Obi is our best option at left fullback

[7] I hope all those shouting Musa, Musa, Musa will keep quiet now. See how he wasted two easy scoring chances

[8] My biggest worry with this team is the playmaker position. Playing Iheanacho there was plain silly. I am not sold on Iwobi either, However you cut it, Kelechi Nwakali remains our most talented playmaker, whatever challenges he is currently facing

[9] If we could miraculously get Nwakali and Onyekuru playing at their best, we have a team that can go far in the World Cup

[10] Only the difficult, obstinate and those lacking in knowledge will dispute that our best formation is 4-3-3 and opur best formation is - Uzoho, Ebuehi, Joel, Ekong, Balogun, Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakali, Onyekuru, Ighalo, Moses.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Here is my official match report

Post by pajimoh »

OFFICIAL match report? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Na lie. I refuse to let you kill me.

Official match report Ndidi :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

This was Idowu's first 'full game' in the GWG, granted he didn't have a stellar game, he held his own against world class opposition.

You need to get over Nwakali, with less than 85 days to the WC he is not going to get a look in.

It's down to Onyekuru to force his way into the team, he will have to outshine either Musa or Simon (game on).

Balogun's forte has never been pace. He is an excellent reader of the game, Troost with his athleticism provides the cover, so you have to evaluate them as a pair. The sum of their whole is greater than the sum of their parts.

Rohr does not need a player maker in the system his is playing. Mikel is the pivot in m/f and Etebo will be cover.

Joel is here to stay in the 'm/f'. He will likely force Iwobi to start from the bench when Mikel returns.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:This was Idowu's first 'full game' in the GWG, granted he didn't have a stellar game, he held his own against world class opposition.

It's down to Onyekuru to force his way into the team, he will have to outshine either Musa or Simon (game on).
...and you really think that is hard???????????????
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Agency ratings? Wait till 2022!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:This was Idowu's first 'full game' in the GWG, granted he didn't have a stellar game, he held his own against world class opposition.

You no sabi game on???????
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

:D ouch!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

1. My view is Idowu is almost as useless as Echejile which says a lot. His only advantage is he can play multiple positions (apparently)
2. This team is blowing a great chance of going far by not fixing the holding midfield issue. Onazi/Joel Obi/Agu are all variations of the same thing : poorer versions of Ndidi. None of these players is a great holding midfielder . We need someone capable of controlling the pace of the game with short simple metronomic passes playing along side Ndidi in midfield. Someone like Zubby or Esiti. Maybe try Shehu in midfield.
3. I agree Uzoho has potential but he needs to settle. The type of mistakes he made in the first half alone could singlehandedly eliminate us in round 1. I do not trust his reading of aerial balls. But If we are sticking with him we need to stick with him .i.e. play him in every minute of every match going forward so he can settle. Chopping and changing keepers at this stage is ridiculously stupid
4. Ighalo has improved but the in a formation/strategy like the one used yesterday, he is impotent. There is no point playing ighalo if there no build up play. Not if we are relying on long balls from the back and counterattacks. If we are going that route we need Sadiq Umar.
5. Ebuehi is good. I like the guy. He, Ekong , Balogun were the best things about this Nigeria side yesterday
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

smartbrother wrote:1. My view is Idowu is almost as useless as Echejile which says a lot. His only advantage is he can play multiple positions (apparently)
2. This team is blowing a great chance of going far by not fixing the holding midfield issue. Onazi/Joel Obi/Agu are all variations of the same thing : poorer versions of Ndidi. None of these players is a great holding midfielder . We need someone capable of controlling the pace of the game with short simple metronomic passes playing along side Ndidi in midfield. Someone like Zubby or Esiti. Maybe try Shehu in midfield.
3. I agree Uzoho has potential but he needs to settle. The type of mistakes he made in the first half alone could singlehandedly eliminate us in round 1. I do not trust his reading of aerial balls. But If we are sticking with him we need to stick with him .i.e. play him in every minute of every match going forward so he can settle. Chopping and changing keepers at this stage is ridiculously stupid
4. Ighalo has improved but the in a formation/strategy like the one used yesterday, he is impotent. There is no point playing ighalo if there no build up play. Not if we are relying on long balls from the back and counterattacks. If we are going that route we need Sadiq Umar.
5. Ebuehi is good. I like the guy. He, Ekong , Balogun were the best things about this Nigeria side yesterday

Try to watch the game again, Idowu did all he was supposed to do and should be the starting LB. Early in the first half, he stuck to "Lewandowski" like glue from the left side of defense all the way to the right and dispossessed him, and passed the ball out accurately. Idowu's positioning is his advantage over our other lb options, and he did attempt to create assists in the 2nd half
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

smartbrother wrote:1. My view is Idowu is almost as useless as Echejile which says a lot. His only advantage is he can play multiple positions (apparently)
Kpom.................Uzoho needs to play all our friendly matches whether the BIG-GUN aka 'Vinny the spiderman' :thumbs: :thumbs: returns or not.
We need a tested reserve in case 1998 repeats itself again.
I remember watching Ike Shorunmu(sp) in Köln against Germany and told my friends then that we have a worldclass keeper for the WC.
Ike was plucking German swinging FKs and CKs as if they were backpasses to him and we all know about Germany and set-pieces................................and boom, Ike got injured before the WC and rest is history.
An injury-free Vinny will be Rohr's 1st choice in Russia(if Vinny agrees....see Oloye's chance meeting at Abuja airport), but suppose fate plays him/us another Shorunmu 1998 redux.................. we need a backup that atleast has got a couple of games with the team.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

edit.
Last edited by zee on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Super Eagles put in spirited performance as they beat Poland 1-0 thanks to Moses penalty - See more at: https://goo.gl/LZgCxE

[1] Francis Uzoho is five classes above any other goalkeeper we have. He had a shaky start but his quality eventually shone through

[2] This was a good baptism of fire for him. he came out with flying colours keeping a clean sheet

[3] Tyronne Ebuehi is two classes above Shehu Abdullahi. Why Rohr is even decided over this is beyond me

[5] Kenneth Omeruo does not fill me with a lot of confidence either. I think going forward, our central defensive pairing for the future will be Ekong and Awaziem

[6] Brian Idowu is not left footed and cannot whip in crosses as you expect from a fullback. I maintain that Joel Obi is our best option at left fullback

[7] I hope all those shouting Musa, Musa, Musa will keep quiet now. See how he wasted two easy scoring chances

[8] My biggest worry with this team is the playmaker position. Playing Iheanacho there was plain silly. I am not sold on Iwobi either, However you cut it, Kelechi Nwakali remains our most talented playmaker, whatever challenges he is currently facing

[9] If we could miraculously get Nwakali and Onyekuru playing at their best, we have a team that can go far in the World Cup

[10] Only the difficult, obstinate and those lacking in knowledge will dispute that our best formation is 4-3-3 and opur best formation is - Uzoho, Ebuehi, Joel, Ekong, Balogun, Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakali, Onyekuru, Ighalo, Moses.
Bruv, you are contradicting yourself again as usual...
You agree it will take a miracle to get Nwakali and Onyekuru playing at their best yet you list them as part of our best team to go to the World Cup??

Rohr cannot be banking on miracles to happen bro he has a team to pick for a massive test in 3 months time and he can only use what is available to him.

I havent seen the whole game but from the clips i saw Uzohor has a long way to go however talented he is. He made some glaring mistakes and not just in the first ten minutes as most seem to be saying. No serious football team will choose a rookie with very little senior experience as their World cup goalkeeper lets get real here. If he had played a whole season with a senior team then fine but we are taking a huge risk if he goes as our No1. And i worry what it will do his career and confidence if he ends up costing us at the World Cup.
YNWA
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Super Eagles put in spirited performance as they beat Poland 1-0 thanks to Moses penalty - See more at: https://goo.gl/LZgCxE

Bruv, you are contradicting yourself again as usual...
You agree it will take a miracle to get Nwakali and Onyekuru playing at their best yet you list them as part of our best team to go to the World Cup??

Rohr cannot be banking on miracles to happen bro he has a team to pick for a massive test in 3 months time and he can only use what is available to him.

I havent seen the whole game but from the clips i saw Uzohor has a long way to go however talented he is. He made some glaring mistakes and not just in the first ten minutes as most seem to be saying. No serious football team will choose a rookie with very little senior experience as their World cup goalkeeper lets get real here. If he had played a whole season with a senior team then fine but we are taking a huge risk if he goes as our No1. And i worry what it will do his career and confidence if he ends up costing us at the World Cup.
Please name me three players we have that are better than Uzoho, Nwakali and Onyekuru in their positions.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Please name me three players we have that are better than Uzoho, Nwakali and Onyekuru in their positions.
Nwakali FAILED in Eredivisie! And for months, you ran into hiding and did not mention his name because he was a total, abject and shameful FAILURE! He was so bad that his loan was cancelled and he was shipped off the division 2! If you think a FAILURE at Eredivisie level is better than what we have, then you need to punch a hole in the wall again.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Nwakali FAILED in Eredivisie! And for months, you ran into hiding and did not mention his name because he was a total, abject and shameful FAILURE! He was so bad that his loan was cancelled and he was shipped off the division 2! If you think a FAILURE at Eredivisie level is better than what we have, then you need to punch a hole in the wall again.

Name me a better playmaker Nigeria currently has.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Abdul Ajagun. Been saying this but we seem to default to names like Nwakali and I wonder...on what grounds??
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...how many registered members of this forum, oya post una match report before next match. I bet we go tire reading :biggrin:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Again I am just glad that Rohr is the one making ALL the decisions...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

icee wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Abdul Ajagun. Been saying this but we seem to default to names like Nwakali and I wonder...on what grounds??
Tell your client, Ajagajugu, that he is not going to the world cup. Tell him that!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi
Based on what? I think you know that is not true anyway.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi
Based on their careers. One has won CL title and EPL titles. The other plays for Arsenal... a team that threw Nwakali in the dustbin because he is not good enough for this level. You do realize Iwobi and Nwakali are owned by the same club right? Iwobi starts for that club and Nwakali was loaned out, HE FAILED, and he was then loaned out to a lower division team.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi