Germany vs Spain?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany vs Spain?

Post by airwolex »

They just play a similar type of football. I remember when people mocked us for stating that Keshi showed the world how to play a previously unplayable France in 2014. Both Germany and Spain will find the going difficult against non European opposition who play a different style of football. Folks that run at them and don't give up on balls. The edge both teams have will be in the goalkeeping department where even when you beat the field players you still have to get past 2 of the best Keepers in the world.
These are the last two World Cup winners so that alone suggests that they can beat any type of team...those that run at them, those that park the bus etc. That said, I will concede that Germany dod have problems with Ghana in 2010 and Spain lost their first match...I think to Chile.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote::lol: :lol: Kajifu, have you been drinking again?
:lol: Kajifu, stop am o. It's important we know our level.
It's important that we have the mindset that we can beat anybody. Just put in the effort, from planning to execution
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote:
They just play a similar type of football. I remember when people mocked us for stating that Keshi showed the world how to play a previously unplayable France in 2014. Both Germany and Spain will find the going difficult against non European opposition who play a different style of football. Folks that run at them and don't give up on balls. The edge both teams have will be in the goalkeeping department where even when you beat the field players you still have to get past 2 of the best Keepers in the world.
These are the last two World Cup winners so that alone suggests that they can beat any type of team...those that run at them, those that park the bus etc. That said, I will concede that Germany dod have problems with Ghana in 2010 and Spain lost their first match...I think to Chile.
Switzerland.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The YeyeMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Switzerland.
Thanks! :thumbs:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

kajifu wrote:This two teams very good but I think SE will handle them along with Brazil and Argentina .
This world cup might go to teams that has not won it before.
Typical Arsenal fan
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

People never learn,same Spain thst could come out of their group last world cup ?
Where is Holland that was among the top teams last world cup?
I know some people would have rate them to stand a chance ahead of Nigeria if they were going to Russia...
This is a one month competition and a lot can change.Spain that failed in last Euro very bad.Germany struggle in last Euro after wining the world cup...
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:People never learn,same Spain thst could come out of their group last world cup ?
I know some people would have rate them to stand a chance ahead of Nigeria if they were going to Russia...
This is a one month competition and a lot can change.Spain that failed in last Euro very bad.Germany struggle in last Euro after wining the world cup...

Manchester City put 3 past Arsenal back to back, but you were predicting on how Beloved would do this and that. You need to separate fandom from reality. That Nigeria can beat any of those teams doesn't mean that we are more likely to beat them....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

kajifu wrote:People never learn,same Spain thst could come out of their group last world cup ?
There will always be 1 winner in any competition. On a general scheme of things Germany and later Spain have done things the correct way and give themselves a higher chance than most to win the competition. In a 1 month competition other factors such as injury, form, luck etc may creep up, but you try to minimize those factors by having a sound fundamental setup at the national level all the way from the youth setup.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Kajifu is mixing things up here. No one said Spain and Germany are unbeatable. All we are saying is they played a very entertaining match
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
airwolex wrote:I was thinking the same...those guys are on another level. The balling was too much. Iniesta quite simply is the best passer of the ball right now.
They are not in any no gaddam another level. It is just the beauty of teams that let you play and take turns doing whatever they want.
As if Spain and Germany are the types of teams that let you play and allow the opposition to do what it pleases...

Can we be clear? Nobody is saying those two teams are unbeatable. We're simply saying they are better than Nigeria. That's not to say that Nigeria isn't capable of beating them. Haba!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.