Germany vs Spain?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Germany vs Spain?

Post by YUJAM »

The football on display was just ridiculous. :woot:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany vs Spain?

Post by kajifu »

This two teams very good but I think SE will handle them along with Brazil and Argentina .
This world cup might go to teams that has not won it before.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol: :lol: Kajifu, have you been drinking again?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I was thinking the same...those guys are on another level. The balling was too much. Iniesta quite simply is the best passer of the ball right now.
Last edited by airwolex on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote::lol: :lol: Kajifu, have you been drinking again?
:lol: Kajifu, stop am o. It's important we know our level.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

did he ever stop drinking?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

All of you are funny. Argentina and Poland were also slapping people around and playing sexy until they met our stiffling machine. Look at what Argies did to Italy yesterday? How come they couldnt do it to us??

I like how Nigerians think looking down on their own team makes them humble or cautious. No it doesnt. it just means you are looking down on your own team.

I know we have significant weaknesses, and Rohr said it yesterday. But like I have been saying for months... I know my team very well. Individually, we arent that great, frankly. But bring us together as one unit and we are outrageously difficult to beat. Teams will pass pass pass pass pass pass and end up losing against us. I have seen something that I have never seen in a nigerian team before... organization... the kind that makes a team play for 2 days straight and they cant penetrate. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Germany > Spain > ................................. Argentina > Nigeria > Poland ............................. Italy
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Best game of the day, ...And to think both teams are still working on jelling?
Kajifu is right though. If the SE don't aspire to beat these type of teams, how can we
claim to be competing?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

that match na faya! De Gea remains a WIZARD in goal!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Spain, Brazil, Argentina may be a big problem but Germany has got problems in the WC against African opposition(correction, North African :D mainly ).
Germany against Morocco in 1970 ended 2-1, after Morocco led till halftime.
Germany vs Tunisia ended 0-0 in 1978.
Germany lost 1-2 to Algeria in 1982.
Germany won Morocco in extra-time 1-0 in 1986.
Against both Ghana and Algeria in 2018 was the odd goal again, only Cameroun that I can remember(hope am right) that lost 0-2 to germany.

I am not that scared of Germany, France or England...........................Brazil, Spain, Argentina kind of have a style that trouble us, that doesn't mean that they are unbeatable.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:All of you are funny. Argentina and Poland were also slapping people around and playing sexy until they met our stiffling machine. Look at what Argies did to Italy yesterday? How come they couldnt do it to us??

I like how Nigerians think looking down on their own team makes them humble or cautious. No it doesnt. it just means you are looking down on your own team.

I know we have significant weaknesses, and Rohr said it yesterday. But like I have been saying for months... I know my team very well. Individually, we arent that great, frankly. But bring us together as one unit and we are outrageously difficult to beat. Teams will pass pass pass pass pass pass and end up losing against us. I have seen something that I have never seen in a nigerian team before... organization... the kind that makes a team play for 2 days straight and they cant penetrate. :rotf: :rotf:
Old folks on CE are 'humble' 'cos we knew how our arrogance before our match against Denmark in 1998 paid off on the pitch.
Folks were busy arguing how our q/finals game against Brazil will turn out.

We learnt humility after the Danish debacle.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:All of you are funny. Argentina and Poland were also slapping people around and playing sexy until they met our stiffling machine. Look at what Argies did to Italy yesterday? How come they couldnt do it to us??

Old folks on CE are 'humble' 'cos we knew how our arrogance before our match against Denmark in 1998 paid off on the pitch.

Are "Old folks on CE" going to play at the world cup? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The fans are absolutely irrelevant as to how the games go. I have listened to Rohr's interview and his words were pretty much "we were lucky" and we didnt play well. I didnt criticize his words because I know what he is doing. You even noticed that during the post match interview, every time Ekong said "they had chances" "we need to improve." He either prefixed it with "the coach said we were lucky" or he pointed at Rohr as he spoke. Rohr is clearly trying to keep their feet on the ground.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

We are simply talking about that game. So there is no need to give this legs.

Second you like to pull the age card. Do you understand that ageing is a natural part of life? And it ain't as if you are a spring chicken either. You are close to 40 if not over it just like many of us here.
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

Are "Old folks on CE" going to play at the world cup? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The fans are absolutely irrelevant as to how the games go. I have listened to Rohr's interview and his words were pretty much "we were lucky" and we didnt play well. I didnt criticize his words because I know what he is doing. You even noticed that during the post match interview, every time Ekong said "they had chances" "we need to improve." He either prefixed it with "the coach said we were lucky" or he pointed at Rohr as he spoke. Rohr is clearly trying to keep their feet on the ground.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:We are simply talking about that game. So there is no need to give this legs.

Second you like to pull the age card. Do you understand that ageing is a natural part of life? And it ain't as if you are a spring chicken either. You are close to 40 if not over it just like many of us here.
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

huh? i think you misread my post. i put "Old folks on CE" in quotes, as i am specifically referring to zee's statement.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The German Coach should start thinking of going to make some cool cash with a football club. He got nothing more to prove with the DFB.

What a coach he has been for them.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:The German Coach should start thinking of going to make some cool cash with a football club. He got nothing more to prove with the DFB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what he has won with Germany:

1 FIFA World Cup (2014)
1 FIFA Confederations Cup (2017)

That is 2 trophies in 12 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bro, that is not what i call "has nothing to prove" and "what a coach he has been for them."

By the way, I agree that he is a very very good coach who was the brain behind the team when that useless coach, Klinsmann was pretending to be the coach.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:The German Coach should start thinking of going to make some cool cash with a football club. He got nothing more to prove with the DFB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what he has won with Germany:

1 FIFA World Cup (2014)
1 FIFA Confederations Cup (2017)

That is 2 trophies in 12 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bro, that is not what i call "has nothing to prove" and "what a coach he has been for them."

By the way, I agree that he is a very very good coach who was the brain behind the team when that useless coach, Klinsmann was pretending to be the coach.
That 1 WC Championship would have been enough for me to seal his legendary status. But I appreciate that we have different expectations.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Some people are really funny,so why is the game been play if you think those other teams are unbeatable?
Spain and Germany are very beatable and SE will shocked them if the boys believe.This is not a club football its world cup 1 month competiton which the best prepared team can win it all.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:Some people are really funny,so why is the game been play if you think those other teams are unbeatable?
Spain and Germany are very beatable and SE will shocked them if the boys believe.This is not a club football its world cup 1 month competiton which the best prepared team can win it all.

you are the funny one. David can beat Goliath, but 99 times out of 100, Goliath WILL beat David. In fact, that was such an unusual occurrence that we are are still marveling about it centuries later. No one is saying they are not beatable. But no-one should be beating their chests in anticipation of Nigeria beating them.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Some people are really funny,so why is the game been play if you think those other teams are unbeatable?

you are the funny one. David can beat Goliath, but 99 times out of 100, Goliath WILL beat David. In fact, that was such an unusual occurrence that we are are still marveling about it centuries later. No one is saying they are not beatable. But no-one should be beating their chests in anticipation of Nigeria beating them.
Simple.

But apparently "SE will handle them" when in all likelihood they'll be handling us.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You have write SE off before they meet even.Agree that those teams are better but a lot has change in the game.If we go by names likes of chile,Italy and Holland would have been in the world cup.
I hope the one time David neat Goliath will be at the world cup.
Do you remember the last time Spain face an African team in the world cup?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote:I was thinking the same...those guys are on another level. The balling was too much. Iniesta quite simply is the best passer of the ball right now.
They are not in any no gaddam another level. It is just the beauty of teams that let you play and take turns doing whatever they want.

They just play a similar type of football. I remember when people mocked us for stating that Keshi showed the world how to play a previously unplayable France in 2014. Both Germany and Spain will find the going difficult against non European opposition who play a different style of football. Folks that run at them and don't give up on balls. The edge both teams have will be in the goalkeeping department where even when you beat the field players you still have to get past 2 of the best Keepers in the world.

That being said, even Peru will give both Spain and Germany a run for their money in the WC. Likewise the African teams.

As for Naijaria, the teams I fear are the 'non-top echelon' teams... because of our tendency to look down on them. But when it comes to the so-called top teams, I don't fret one bit.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!