Mexico Vs Iceland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Mexico Vs Iceland

Post by 1naija »

I am watching the game right now and Mexico is creaming them 2 - 0. Nigeria will definately beat these guys. They can't keep up with the mexicans pace.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mexico Vs Iceland

Post by 1naija »

Goal for iceland ...disallowed
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

3 - 0
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

See basket goalie, uzoho is already Berra than this ice goalie. SE will whoop this team .

Btw,Mexico beats up on teas pre-wc only to mess up at the wc. They do this every wc
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

If you watched this game from the beginning, you no go dey talk like this. That was anything but a 3-0 game. Iceland looked really good at times. They can definitely hurt us. They defend really well also and are just as physical as Poland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ugbowo wrote:If you watched this game from the beginning, you no go dey talk like this. That was anything but a 3-0 game. Iceland looked really good at times. They can definitely hurt us. They defend really well also and are just as physical as Poland.
So what went wrong?
3-zip nor be beans.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:If you watched this game from the beginning, you no go dey talk like this. That was anything but a 3-0 game. Iceland looked really good at times. They can definitely hurt us. They defend really well also and are just as physical as Poland.
So what went wrong?
3-zip nor be beans.

:lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I watched it from 20 minutes into the first half. Are you saying Iceland were superior in the first 19 minutes but let up the remaining 71 minutes? And Mexico didnt even feature some of their "star" players. Iceland will struggle big time against us.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WELL, THANK GOODNESS...

...Hehr Rohr wouldn't be thinking this way. He'll take them very seriously until the SE can secure a win.
Bell
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a friendly. Nigeria also lacked sharpness.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

1naija wrote:
I watched it from 20 minutes into the first half. Are you saying Iceland were superior in the first 19 minutes but let up the remaining 71 minutes? And Mexico didnt even feature some of their "star" players. Iceland will struggle big time against us.
Totally outplayed Mexico, to the point that the commentators were upset.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Peru V Croatia

[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coaches are experimenting and not displaying a lot for the watchful eye. I actually think Rohr should play this lineup against Serbia

Uzoho
Ebeuhi(sp), Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iwobi, Iheanacho, V Moses

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ebeuhi has improved. He is playing with more confidence. We stole one from Holland.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Mexico takes every match serious, very serious, so I am not surprised at the out come. The main thing is to watch Iceland performance since dem be our next opponent in Russia.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I just watched the extended highlights and Iceland were very active in the first 25 minutes and had some very good chances they could not convert. But they went silent after that, especially after Mexico scored their first goal. They did struggle with mexico's pace and I think they will with the SE's also.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:I just watched the extended highlights and Iceland were very active in the first 25 minutes and had some very good chances they could not convert. But they went silent after that, especially after Mexico scored their first goal. They did struggle with mexico's pace and I think they will with the SE's also.
As preciously advised, you should learn to watch full games.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

ohenhen1 wrote:Coaches are experimenting and not displaying a lot for the watchful eye. I actually think Rohr should play this lineup against Serbia

Uzoho
Ebeuhi(sp), Balogun, Ekong, Aina
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iwobi, Iheanacho, V Moses

I would like to see a different center back pairing
Omeruo and Awaziem

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

The one thing that worries me is the long throw from Gunnarson.

That weapon caused teams lots of headache. I hope Rohr takes note of this area. Its almost like a chokehold - long ball comes in and they line the edge of the box for any second balls. Due to the trajectory of the throws you can't really get any distance of the headers to clear the box.

Hope we have something in place to mitigate against this come game time.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Showboy wrote:The one thing that worries me is the long throw from Gunnarson.

That weapon caused teams lots of headache. I hope Rohr takes note of this area. Its almost like a chokehold - long ball comes in and they line the edge of the box for any second balls. Due to the trajectory of the throws you can't really get any distance of the headers to clear the box.

Hope we have something in place to mitigate against this come game time.
That really worries me. They are taller than us on average so we have to do well with zonal marking to make sure that we can get them off the mark. Other than that we need to make any counter attacking chances count. No more of this "every man for themselves" naïve approach at attack.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Iceland should just win their first game against Argentina that will be a successful world cup
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:Iceland should just win their first game against Argentina that will be a successful world cup
Na beans?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!