Martins and Ideye

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

globalinksnn
Egg
Egg
Re: Martins and Ideye

Post by globalinksnn »

truetalk wrote:No tears for Martins (and I'll add Osaze and Ike Uche).

Those 3 had enough talent and longevity to make Nigeria a consistently top team for the last 15 years.

Martins should be talking of going to his 4th world cup and should easily have 20 goals in CANs and World Cups, and well over 100 caps for Nigeria, but he does not even have up to 20 goals total for the country.

BTW, Martins is a much better striker than Ighalo today, and it is a sacrilege to even compare their careers.

However, his time for the SE has passed, and that is that.

Ighalo is lucky (I think he is a really good person too). He showed up in the one game that mattered most (against Cameroon at home), and despite having a really poor record with the Eagles, that game just locked up a WC spot for him.

wetin you dey yarn, because ighalo scored against cameroun , a defence that was already down with 1 yellow card.

Ighalo will disapppoint una big time, it is a shame 9ja soccer has got to this low in tems of striking that an average like Ighalo is even called to camp.....omase O
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

globalinksnn wrote:

Those 3 had enough talent and longevity to make Nigeria a consistently top team for the last 15 years.

Martins should be talking of going to his 4th world cup and should easily have 20 goals in CANs and World Cups, and well over 100 caps for Nigeria, but he does not even have up to 20 goals total for the country.

BTW, Martins is a much better striker than Ighalo today, and it is a sacrilege to even compare their careers.

Ighalo is lucky (I think he is a really good person too). He showed up in the one game that mattered most (against Cameroon at home), and despite having a really poor record with the Eagles, that game just locked up a WC spot for him.

wetin you dey yarn, because ighalo scored against cameroun , a defence that was already down with 1 yellow card.

Ighalo will disapppoint una big time, it is a shame 9ja soccer has got to this low in tems of striking that an average like Ighalo is even called to camp.....omase O
Relax, and read what I wrote again. This time, slowly.

I believe Martins is a much better no 9 than Ighalo today, and has been throughout his career.

However, Martins has not shown enough commitment to the Nigerian cause in the past, so very little sentiment towards him making the team now that there are younger strikers on the rise who are not even getting a look in.

Ighalo has been mostly poor in the GWG. There was a feeling of 'this guy again?' before the Cameroon game. It was however a very key game. I think it had been over 6 months since the last qualifiers, and while the Eagles were idle, Cameroon had become African Champions. That game could seal or break our campaign, & Ighalo played his best ever game for Nigeria. He got both Cameroonian central defenders booked, and scored a good first goal.

Hopefully, he regains his 2015 England form, but there is a reason he is called Misses Ighalo.

Rooting for him to do well though. It can only be good for us.
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

truetalk wrote:
globalinksnn wrote:

Relax, and read what I wrote again. This time, slowly.

I believe Martins is a much better no 9 than Ighalo today, and has been throughout his career.

However, Martins has not shown enough commitment to the Nigerian cause in the past, so very little sentiment towards him making the team now that there are younger strikers on the rise who are not even getting a look in.

Ighalo has been mostly poor in the GWG. There was a feeling of 'this guy again?' before the Cameroon game. It was however a very key game. I think it had been over 6 months since the last qualifiers, and while the Eagles were idle, Cameroon had become African Champions. That game could seal or break our campaign, & Ighalo played his best ever game for Nigeria. He got both Cameroonian central defenders booked, and scored a good first goal.

Hopefully, he regains his 2015 England form, but there is a reason he is called Misses Ighalo.

Rooting for him to do well though. It can only be good for us.

well stated
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

well is there a better time to recall Martin and Ideye?

with musa , ighalo you cant achieve any result
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

globalinksnn wrote:well is there a better time to recall Martin and Ideye?

I believe Musa is not well utilized by the coach. We may have a coaching problem here. Martins not being on this team makes no sense. The guy is still a prolific scorer.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

little wonder we have a buffoon as president........the vast majority of Nigerians are certified blockheads.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

zee wrote:

little wonder we have a buffoon as president........the vast majority of Nigerians are certified blockheads.

obviously u being a block head i cant see any logic in your statement ..... move on bra

fact it will take a fool to take Ighalo over Martins!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ideye was left out of the Malaga squad that won today however Success started and played for 66 minutes before being taken off. It would appear Ideye has been found out @ Malaga anyone suggesting him for The national team should not be taken seriously
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:Ideye was left out of the Malaga squad that won today however Success started and played for 66 minutes before being taken off. It would appear Ideye has been found out @ Malaga anyone suggesting him for The national team should not be taken seriously
Deg, poor guy.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Martins maybe...Ideye..nah..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)