Just watching Coutinho, however you cut it we need Nwakali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Just watching Coutinho, however you cut it we need Nwakali

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Over the weekend, I am going to watch the games involving the great playmakers Ozil, Coutinho, Hazard, etc but from what I have seen they are irreplacable

[2] Watch this clip from the Russia vs Brazil game. That match would probably have ended 0-0 without Coutinho

[3] Without a playmaker who can create something out of nothing, no team will ever go far in the World Cup

[4] Maybe it is just the poet in me but I feel I am working with one hand tied behind my back without a man with magical toes who can waltz into the opposing penalty area

[5] For me, not having a playmaker is like not having an anchorman or a targetman

[6] Yesterday, we created very little going forward because we lacked a playmaker. Just imagine of Ighalo had someone to feed him diagonal passes

[7] We all grew up loving the "No-look pass" that caught opposing defences out. For me, Ronaldinho was simply the best at this. If we want to advance into the latter stages of the World Cup, we need that kind of player ooooooooo

[8] I actually thought Iwobi might be able to play that role but he is too cumbersome, is not nimble enough and the opposition tend to know everything he is going to do

[9] If we want to be honest, only Mikel Obi has that kind of ability but alas, he is 30, slow and lacks the legs to give and go or play the much-needed one-twos on the edge of the area

[10] However you look at it, Nigeria needs Kelechi Nwakali in Russia. I challenge anyone who disagrees with this to please name me a replacement playmaker!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Just watching Coutinho, however you cut it we need Nwaka

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No matter how you cut it, this remains Nigeria's best 11:

For me, this is Nigeria's best 11:

******************Ighalo******************

*******Onyekuru********Moses*********

*****************Nwakali*****************

***********Ndidi*********Mikel************

***Joel***Balogun***Ekong***Ebuehi***

*******************Uzoho******************

Play them in a 4-3-3 formation and we will be fine. Whether Rohr goes for this though is another matter. He is only human and will make mistakes too. Not everything he does will be right, so one just has to bear with him.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Abegi, go refund Nwakali's money back to him. He no get sit for Russia plane
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:Abegi, go refund Nwakali's money back to him. He no get fit for Russia plane
You dey mind wAyo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Which team has Ayo ever coached? What is Ayo record when it comes to football? He claimed Makinwa was the answer to our striking problems. He claimed Olofinjana was Nigeria’s Patrick Vera. He banged on about the 352 formation. He claimed Osaze was a midfield player. Now from his TV set claims Obi should play left when for Torino he plays in midfield. This same Ayo claimed Sola Ameobi was nigeria’s best option in attack for the last World Cup . Thank God for Rohr none of the stupid suggestions will materialise
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Nigeria has never produced a player in the mold of Coutinho .Okacha who had all the tools to be one became more of an entertainer than goal oriented dribbler.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bully12 wrote:Nigeria has never produced a player in the mold of Coutinho .Okacha who had all the tools to be one became more of an entertainer than goal oriented dribbler.

Anyway, we will see that Rohr does. I am sure he knows he needs to work on the team's creativity, so we will just have to sit back and rely on his judgement.

I for one am happy to go along with whatever he deems best. Were I in his shoes though, this is what i would do:

[1] Play Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker
[2] Play Tyronne Ebuehi and Joel Obi as my fullback with a mandate to get forward and provide width
[3] Play Victor Moses and Henry Onyekuru as my wide forward with a mandate to run into the penalty area at every opportunity.

So far, I am yet to read of any better plans. However, we have until June to sort this out.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:Nigeria has never produced a player in the mold of Coutinho .Okacha who had all the tools to be one became more of an entertainer than goal oriented dribbler.

Anyway, we will see that Rohr does. I am sure he knows he needs to work on the team's creativity, so we will just have to sit back and rely on his judgement.

I for one am happy to go along with whatever he deems best. Were I in his shoes though, this is what i would do:

[1] Play Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker
[2] Play Tyronne Ebuehi and Joel Obi as my fullback with a mandate to get forward and provide width
[3] Play Victor Moses and Henry Onyekuru as my wide forward with a mandate to run into the penalty area at every opportunity.

So far, I am yet to read of any better plans. However, we have until June to sort this out.
Dear Father in Heaven, we thank you for making our buroda Ayoakinfe a writer and not a coach and restricting is coaching dreams to internet team and formation selections.

Father, please give him another book to write, as long as it's not football related and it would keep him away from this site until after the world cup.

This we ask because we don tire for his matter. Abeg Jesus do something o.

In your name Jesus we dey ask and pray.

Amen
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Your client is not coming. Kindly refund his retainer. Cheers.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I don’t think Rohr will bring new guys in at this stage, but I have also wondered why Nwakali hasn’t got a look in. When they were at u17 I thought Nwakali and Yahaya would emerge to be jewels in our attacking midfield.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

donadoni wrote:I don’t think Rohr will bring new guys in at this stage, but I have also wondered why Nwakali hasn’t got a look in. When they were at u17 I thought Nwakali and Yahaya would emerge to be jewels in our attacking midfield.
After watching the team last night I think Rohr has no choice than to recall Nwakali. See all those runs Ighalo was making and had no one to feed the ball through to him. At this level you simply need a playmaker to excel.

Just imagine how many goals we would have scored last night if say we had a Mesut Ozil on the pitch. I think Rohr should call up the kid. If he is not up to it, fair enough, then drop him.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
donadoni wrote:I don’t think Rohr will bring new guys in at this stage, but I have also wondered why Nwakali hasn’t got a look in. When they were at u17 I thought Nwakali and Yahaya would emerge to be jewels in our attacking midfield.
After watching the team last night I think Rohan has no choice than to recall Nwakali. See all those runs Ighalo was making and had no one to feed the ball through to him. At this level you simply need a playmaker to excel.

Just imagine how many goals we would have scored last night if say we had a Mesut Ozil on the pitch. I think Rohr should call up the kid. If he is not up to it, fair enough, then drop him.
Rohan can "recall" Nwakali all he wants.

As for Rohr and the SE, a player who FAILED in Holland's div 1 will NOT be going to the world cup. Sorry.

And if we had Ozil on the field, we'd probably have lost. The way the Poles fought us liek roforofo fight, they'd gave physically assaulted Ozil and we all know how that coward runs into hiding when there is a fight.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:No matter how you cut it, this remains Nigeria's best 11:

For me, this is Nigeria's best 11:

******************Ighalo******************

*******Onyekuru********Moses*********

*****************Nwakali*****************

***********Ndidi*********Mikel************

***Joel***Balogun***Ekong***Ebuehi***

*******************Uzoho******************

Play them in a 4-3-3 formation and we will be fine. Whether Rohr goes for this though is another matter. He is only human and will make mistakes too. Not everything he does will be right, so one just has to bear with him.
The ramblings of a drunkard. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
After watching the team last night I think Rohan has no choice than to recall Nwakali. See all those runs Ighalo was making and had no one to feed the ball through to him. At this level you simply need a playmaker to excel.
Recall Nwakali? Has he even been called up?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

As for Rohr and the SE, a player who FAILED in Holland's div 1 will NOT be going to the world cup. Sorry.

And if we had Ozil on the field, we'd probably have lost. The way the Poles fought us liek roforofo fight, they'd gave physically assaulted Ozil and we all know how that coward runs into hiding when there is a fight.
Poor Ighalo. He will just run for nothing all day in Russia without a playmaker!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Recall Nwakali? Has he even been called up?
Una go kill person on CE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Poor Ighalo. He will just run for nothing all day in Russia without a playmaker!
Thats fine. We are looking forward to all the doom that you guys have predicted. After all, its not like we are used to winning world cups, so if we dont win this one, the world will not end.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Rohr is going with a 4-3-3 formation or alternatively a 4-2-3-1 formation. You don't need a playmaker in his formation, you need a strong central midfield and excellent creative wide players. He has got the midfield players that he needs. His problem is a reliable center forward. Just look at what one good centre forward like Lowandowski did to the Nigerian defense in the game with Poland. Ighalo meanwhile was running around like a headless chicken.

Frankly, I would play Iwobi in the box as a striker. He has the tools in physicality and quickness. He also is an unknown quantity as a striker.
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

wAyo, you have pushed for many ridiculous things in your long CE career, but advocating for Nwakali two and half months from the WC at his current stage of development is pure insanity, even by your normal controversial standards.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Thats fine. We are looking forward to all the doom that you guys have predicted. After all, its not like we are used to winning world cups, so if we dont win this one, the world will not end.

What makes my heart bleed is that for the first time we have a compact team and we are about to throw it all away with one small detail. Go and watch the 2014 match against Argentina and see how many shots they had on goal, making poor Vince work overtime.

This team does not allow opponents run at its defence like that. What we are lacking now is creativity in the final third. To be honest, I would settle for a Michael Babatunde at this juncture. Someone who can:

[1] Go past opponents
[2] Thread passes through defences
[3] Pick out teammates with diagonal passes
[4] Backheel the ball unexpectedly
[5] Disguise passes
[6] Play one-twos on the edge of the area
[7] Dance into the penalty box
[8] Use the outside of his foot to flick passes
[9] Thread the ball through the eye of a needle
[10] Deliver no look passes

I thought Iwobi would be able to offer this but alas, he is just a grafter. A typical English player who tracks back, works for the team and has a good eye for goal.

Now, if you ask me, Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun are the only two players I can see providing us with playmaking capabilities at the moment. I find it a travesty that Rohr has not even tested both of them.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kali wrote:Rohr is going with a 4-3-3 formation or alternatively a 4-2-3-1 formation. You don't need a playmaker in his formation, you need a strong central midfield and excellent creative wide players. He has got the midfield players that he needs. His problem is a reliable center forward. Just look at what one good centre forward like Lowandowski did to the Nigerian defense in the game with Poland. Ighalo meanwhile was running around like a headless chicken.

Frankly, I would play Iwobi in the box as a striker. He has the tools in physicality and quickness. He also is an unknown quantity as a striker.
I tire for some of you oooooo. Poor Odion Ighalo worked his socks off yesterday, holding up play, working the channels, dragging defenders out of position and this is the thanks he gets!

Yesterday, Ighalo ran, ran, ran and ran. Lowandowski had some lovely passes fed to him. Please tell me of one instance when Ighalo got such service.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

What makes my heart bleed is that for the first time we have a compact team and we are about to throw it all away with one small detail. Go and watch the 2014 match against Argentina and see how many shots they had on goal, making poor Vince work overtime.

This team does not allow opponents run at its defence like that. What we are lacking now is creativity in the final third. To be honest, I would settle for a Michael Babatunde at this juncture. Someone who can:

[1] Go past opponents
[5] Disguise passes

I thought Iwobi would be able to offer this but alas, he is just a grafter. A typical English player who tracks back, works for the team and has a good eye for goal.

Now, if you ask me, Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun are the only two players I can see providing us with playmaking capabilities at the moment. I find it a travesty that Rohr has not even tested both of them.
I always thought this agency business was a joke, but to mention Micheal Babatunde and the 2018 WC in the same breath makes me begin to wonder. Haba!
To stop trying is to start dying
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Shownoja wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

[1] Go past opponents
[5] Disguise passes

I always thought this agency business was a joke, but to mention Micheal Babatunde and the 2018 WC in the same breath makes me begin to wonder. Haba!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As soon as I saw the name, Babatunde, I realized I wasnt talking to a serious person and I chose not to respond any further. :lol: