WHO FOR CRY RACISM HAD THAT BEEN OUR GOAL NOT GIVEN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Kai, CE, no Word on Poland's Clear Goal & VM's Dive?

Post by DIMKA76 »

:taunt: Be quiet, the reaction of the players around the incident is part of the evidence that there was indeed contact. Didn't matter that there was a half-hearted attempt to withdraw from the challenge by the defender. I guess you wanted to see a robust challenge leading to the penalty. I would have been happy with a draw but Moses did run rings around the Polish defense at the later stages of the game. He deserved his penalty :taunt:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Kabalega wrote:I missed the 2nd half of 9ja's game because Portugal vs Egypt was sweeter. :D

Anyway, having watched the highlights, I wonder why there is virtually no mention of Poland's clear goal that crossed the line but was denied.

Even worse, there is virtually no mention of VM's dive, for the fake pena.
VM will not be able to pull off these stunts, he does with the likes of Ethiopia and now Poland, in Russia because of VAR.

How you guys can have confidence after these events is baffling and very troubling.

Eagles need work and Rohr has his work cut out for him.
@Kabalega:

You are only being mischievous. Contact was made and to my mind it was a 50 -50 call. Some refs (maybe over 70% ) would actually call that and some would not. But the penalty was legit!!!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Victor Moses was looking for the penalty, sure.
But the was a leg sticking out, there was contact and exaggeration or not that was a clear penalty, although I can see why some people could feel aggrieved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WHO FOR CRY RACISM HAD THAT BEEN OUR GOAL NOT GIVEN

Post by mcal »

...thank God on the official fifa listing as reported by the match officials, Nigeria won a friendly match vs Poland on Friday 24 March, 2018. If it had been the other way imaginary heads for don they roll, calls for players to be dropped, names will be floated and submitted to coaching crew since yesterday. Nigerians na palava. The taste of pudding is in Russia :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:...thank God on the official fifa listing as reported by the match officials, Nigeria won a friendly match vs Poland on Friday 24 March, 2018. If it had been the other way imaginary heads for don they roll, calls for players to be dropped, names will be floated and submitted to coaching crew since yesterday. Nigerians na palava. The taste of pudding is in Russia :thumbs:

Like I said, if we know what is good for us, we need to win every single friendly game. :rotf: Even before 5 minutes don nack during the game yesterday, people were already writing posts about players who need to go and their replacements.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

DIMKA76 wrote:That was a goal. The score in my mind was 1-1, it would have been good to play them on neutral ground.
Good thing football isn't played in your mind
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It's time that African teams brought some guile to their game to match their physicality.

It is one of the bag of tricks of most South American teams.

Nothing to feel guilty about.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Final score was 1 kondo.

Who nor like can go take a dive in the Black Sea.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

marutimon wrote:Victor Moses was looking for the penalty, sure.
But the was a leg sticking out, there was contact and exaggeration or not that was a clear penalty, although I can see why some people could feel aggrieved.

People wanted Moses to stay up and keep running even after being clipped. The wanted him to show he is a STRONG WAKANDAN MAN that can't be felled by a simple clip. Wakanda for life!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote: Who did Uganda play last night?
They played a home game. While VM was allegedly diving to win a pen, the Ugandan players were busy diving inside their wives/girlfriends knickers.
Classic attempt to divert attention away from the real issues.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Odas wrote:
Robbynice wrote:My Lord what manner of fans are these ones...Now referee decision no matter all because it benefited Nigeria...We are really special I tell you. It is a shame though, a damn shame if you ask me smh...
Robby, I no no-oo! Abeg make you ask dem well-well. I tink some of us dey craze :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You don't need to abuse anyone simply because they said what is in their own mind. Everyone is entitle to his or her opinion. No matter what happen, that goal can no longer be counted even though anyone believed it was a goal. The ref decision is final. And as long as both Ref and side officials agreed there is nothing me and you could do about it. Ikpeba Penalty against Cameron did not count despite all the complaints. .. yesterday, I just said to myself while watching the game that this is one time that lucky comes in football.

Our players approached the game quietly are very cautious too, the Poland players playing in front of their home fans came out smoking but our defence was equal to the task.

No matter what we say here, it is on record that since yesterday night that Nigeria Super Eagles on the 23rd of March 2018 defeated Poland national team 1 zero in front of their home fan inside their own stadium.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

DIMKA76 wrote: :taunt: Be quiet, the reaction of the players around the incident is part of the evidence that there was indeed contact. Didn't matter that there was a half-hearted attempt to withdraw from the challenge by the defender. I guess you wanted to see a robust challenge leading to the penalty. I would have been happy with a draw but Moses did run rings around the Polish defense at the later stages of the game. He deserved his penalty :taunt:
Next wrote: @Kabalega:

You are only being mischievous. Contact was made and to my mind it was a 50 -50 call. Some refs (maybe over 70% ) would actually call that and some would not. But the penalty was legit!!!

The defender shifted weight to his right but stood his ground then took the leg away before there was any contact.

The officials of this match were clearly blind.
Mosses should be careful in Russia because more hawkish refs will issue him yellow cards for such stunts.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Kabalega wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote: :taunt: Be quiet, the reaction of the players around the incident is part of the evidence that there was indeed contact. Didn't matter that there was a half-hearted attempt to withdraw from the challenge by the defender. I guess you wanted to see a robust challenge leading to the penalty. I would have been happy with a draw but Moses did run rings around the Polish defense at the later stages of the game. He deserved his penalty :taunt:
Next wrote: @Kabalega:

The defender shifted weight to his right but stood his ground then took the leg away before there was any contact.

The officials of this match were clearly blind.
Mosses should be careful in Russia because more hawkish refs will issue him yellow cards for such stunts.

Man you surely need a pair of glasses: according to ur video link, check from 06:08 -06:10 and tell us what the guys leg was doing? Sure he did pull back the leg but ti was too late.. Please go recheck it again..

Anyway, it's just a friendly game so don't read too much into it...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

cchinukw wrote:It's time that African teams brought some guile to their game to match their physicality.

It is one of the bag of tricks of most South American teams.

Nothing to feel guilty about.
:agree: :agree:

@Kabalega, please this forum is reserved for fans of teams going to the WC. Thanks in advance.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Like we care about the opinions of a useless Ugandan, if you have a problem with the PK then board your next flight to wroclaw and take it up with the refs, while at it better appreciate the fact that we even allow football non-entities like Uganda on here.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Was hoping for VAR on that goal line call but there was none available. If that happened in the WC in our favour, I'll take it. The penalty was 100% legit, only thing you could say is Moses looked for it and there's nothing wrong with that.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS