REAL ISSUE that Rohr faces after last night....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
REAL ISSUE that Rohr faces after last night....

Post by Enugu II »

After yesterday's game, here is a major issue that Rohr is likely facing:

Should Uzoho continue to start in the upcoming friendlies or should the other goalkeepers get an opportunity to claim the starting shirt?

IMO, this is a key question considering that Uzoho was stellar in the second half but was subpar in the opening half. With few minutes played by Uzoho so far and the World Cup quickly approaching, should Rohr go for building Uzoho's confidence by playing him in as many games as possible. On the other hand, if Rohr thinks that Ezenwa may yet be the better goalkeeper at this point, should Roher then test out that theory in the game against Serbia. TBH, I am not certain which way to go on this.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: REAL ISSUE that Rohr faces after last night....

Post by waka-man »

He’s seen enough of the others to know what they’re like. He’s only seen 135 minutes of Uzoho. He has to continue to do so.
For what it’s worth, Rohr played his favoured team based on available personnel last night. I think the decision to start with Uzoho has already been made.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uzoho needs to play every single friendly. From his performance yesterday, you can tell that his major problem is "exposure." He needs to play as many grade a friendlies against top teams, so that by the time of the world cup, he'd have "been there and done that." He doesnt get that experience at club level. Hopefully, Seedorf will see reason, and promote him.

For instance, he has now played against Lewa. Did not concede and actually made a point blank save. That experience will make him comfortable and confident against other top strikers. "Afterall, I have faced Lewandowski."
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Next game Uzomagnet first half and Ezevelcro second half
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

There isn't much improvement that you can achieve with the other guys at this point. They've been with the SE for a long time and have blended with the team as much as they can, although some tactical improvements can still be made. Uzoho, on the other hand, is the new face and the one that needs more playing time with the team especially if they're considering him as the #1.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Orion wrote:There isn't much improvement that you can achieve with the other guys at this point. They've been with the SE for a long time and have blended with the team as much as they can, although some tactical improvements can still be made. Uzoho, on the other hand, is the new face and the one that needs more playing time with the team especially if they're considering him as the #1.
But you still need to keep both goalies interested psychologically and engaging them physically.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

pajimoh wrote:
Orion wrote:There isn't much improvement that you can achieve with the other guys at this point. They've been with the SE for a long time and have blended with the team as much as they can, although some tactical improvements can still be made. Uzoho, on the other hand, is the new face and the one that needs more playing time with the team especially if they're considering him as the #1.
But you still need to keep both goalies interested psychologically and engaging them physically.
Agreed. They all need playing time in these friendlies but also have to be content with being the 2nd or 3rd choice. The #2 can be called on at any time in a tourney. We've seen this time and again, so they know they're not just going there to be spectators.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It's a non-issue. The decision has been made. Uzoho has supplanted Ezenwa and I expect him to start vs Serbia unless Ezenwa is sterling in training. Even then, I doubt it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:Uzoho needs to play every single friendly. From his performance yesterday, you can tell that his major problem is "exposure." He needs to play as many grade a friendlies against top teams, so that by the time of the world cup, he'd have "been there and done that." He doesnt get that experience at club level. Hopefully, Seedorf will see reason, and promote him.

For instance, he has now played against Lewa. Did not concede and actually made a point blank save. That experience will make him comfortable and confident against other top strikers. "Afterall, I have faced Lewandowski."
Just shutup silly gasbag and wannabe agent...................Uzoho is just a normal 4th DIV keeper and it's a big tragedy that he is the 'best' among our current bunch of 'keepers'(just for lack of a better word) :D :

Anyway, Herr Rohr is still busy BEGGING Vinny the spiderman......................No sane coach wants to break Congo's 1974 record.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:It's a non-issue. The decision has been made. Uzoho has supplanted Ezenwa and I expect him to start vs Serbia unless Ezenwa is sterling in training. Even then, I doubt it.
A good coach will not ignore his other keepers. Uzoho played the full 90 minutes for confidence. To have removed him after a not do stellar first half could have been detrimental.
However, I expect Ezenwa to play a part in the next game as well.
You can't risk building up only one goalie going into the wc
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Uzoho needs to play every single friendly. From his performance yesterday, you can tell that his major problem is "exposure." He needs to play as many grade a friendlies against top teams, so that by the time of the world cup, he'd have "been there and done that." He doesnt get that experience at club level. Hopefully, Seedorf will see reason, and promote him.

Just shutup silly gasbag and wannabe agent...................Uzoho is just a normal 4th DIV keeper and it's a big tragedy that he is the 'best' among our current bunch of 'keepers'(just for lack of a better word) :D :

Anyway, Herr Rohr is still busy BEGGING Vinny the spiderman......................No sane coach wants to break Congo's 1974 record.
wah wah wah wah wah! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Your crook will NEVER play for Nigeria again. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

wah wah wah wah wah! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Your crook will NEVER play for Nigeria again. :lol:
It is Vinny's call to make if he wants to SAVE Nigeria from getting.................CONGOlised in Russia.
Herr Rohr is doing his best to convince Vinny the great to change his mind.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

It is Vinny's call to make if he wants to SAVE Nigeria from getting.................CONGOlised in Russia.
wah wah wah wah... keep crying! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Crook will NEVER play for Nigeria, ever again! Mark my words!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I have watch the game twice now and I don’t understand all the crap being said about our goalkeeper who was playing in 2nd game for his country. Let’s compare him to Ejide that made his debut against Scotland in the build up to the 2002 World Cup where Ejide let in soft goals and look out of sorts . Even Vincent was not as good in the beginning and has had to work on his crosses and still get bundled during comer kicks.

Just Uzoho height alone makes him head and shoulders above all others. Nigeria has finally found a keeper that is not a dwarf or Ghanaian look alike
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

wah wah wah wah... keep crying! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Crook will NEVER play for Nigeria, ever again! Mark my words!
Rohr is busying begging the great Vinny :thumbs: :thumbs: because he wants to avoid....................

[/video]

This
......but wicked and crooked agents like you only care about your criminal pockets, even if it means conceding tons of goals by fielding a 4th DIV keeper.
Agents are bad for Nigerian football.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Uzoho is his obvious 1. Given his age and experience level, giving him as many starts is critical. If he wasn’t sure who the starter was, then rotation would be important. He has decided
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

You like drama too much q :rotf: Congolization can happen and will happen to all teams at some point in their history. No one can save us when it's our turn. Brazil were Congolized on home soil. Life goes on.
Vince should remain retired and let the young grow. Lessons are learned even from painful experiences
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

You like drama too much q :rotf: Congolization can happen and will happen to all teams at some point in their history. No one can save us when it's our turn. Brazil were Congolized on home soil. Life goes on.
Vince should remain retired and let the young grow. Lessons are learned even from painful experiences
Na so I dey zero my mind, while hoping that it never happens.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

waka-man wrote:He’s seen enough of the others to know what they’re like. He’s only seen 135 minutes of Uzoho. He has to continue to do so.
For what it’s worth, Rohr played his favoured team based on available personnel last night. I think the decision to start with Uzoho has already been made.
I concur.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The same mentality that keeps our politicians ruling till they are too old to drink water is fueling this goalie argument.
Uzoho is young, and has the talent and composure to do the job. Instead of folks encouraging the young lad, they are
busy trying to spruce up old and personally retired personnel.
...And we keep wondering why we are where we are.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

joao wrote:The same mentality that keeps our politicians ruling till they are too old to drink water is fueling this goalie argument.
Uzoho is young, and has the talent and composure to do the job. Instead of folks encouraging the young lad, they are
busy trying to spruce up old and personally retired personnel.
...And we keep wondering why we are where we are.
Genius ........that's why Egypt is fielding a 4th DIV keeper.
You can EXPERIMENT in any footballing position except in the goalkeeping dept........you are only FORCED to experiment with rookie keepers.
Meaning you only EXPERIMENT with rookie keepers when you are out of options.............eg if it is confirmed that Vinny is injured or totally out of form.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:After yesterday's game, here is a major issue that Rohr is likely facing:

Should Uzoho continue to start in the upcoming friendlies or should the other goalkeepers get an opportunity to claim the starting shirt?

IMO, this is a key question considering that Uzoho was stellar in the second half but was subpar in the opening half. With few minutes played by Uzoho so far and the World Cup quickly approaching, should Rohr go for building Uzoho's confidence by playing him in as many games as possible. On the other hand, if Rohr thinks that Ezenwa may yet be the better goalkeeper at this point, should Roher then test out that theory in the game against Serbia. TBH, I am not certain which way to go on this.

Rohr needs to prepare all his goalkeepers because you never know what circumstances we might find ourselves in. One keeper might get hurt and another suspended and then we are down to our 3rd guy. For the Serbia match though, I would start Uzoho and give him another 90 minutes to build on the progress that he made against Poland.

We can mix and match our goalkeepers in May when our final training camp begins. For now we need to take a long look at Uzoho to determine just how viable he is as a number one option, as well as giving him as much exposure as possible. Besides, Ezenwa is returning from injury and has not played any matches yet for Enyimba. Thus he may not be in his best form right now.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:

Rohr is busying begging the great Vinny :thumbs: :thumbs: because he wants to avoid....................

[/video]

This
......but wicked and crooked agents like you only care about your criminal pockets, even if it means conceding tons of goals by fielding a 4th DIV keeper.
Agents are bad for Nigerian football.