Croatia lost 0-2 to Peru, Iceland lost 0-3 to Mexico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Croatia lost 0-2 to Peru, Iceland lost 0-3 to Mexico

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Chei, na awa group mates dey chop cane like dis? :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Croatia lost 0-2 to Peru, Iceland lost 0-3 to Mexico

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Some are saying that we lost our game too. Apparently, there’s now a so called "real score" on CE and we lost 3-1.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Some are saying that we lost our game too. Apparently, their now a so called called "real score" on CE and we lost 3-1.
:lol: :lol:

I think they need this

http://kwese.espn.com/football/report?gameId=500471

Wha choo looking at?!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Means nothing. We all remember Nigeria friendly results before the 1994 worldcup
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Unlike the Iceland game, the Croatia game highlights show a more dangerous team with wicked crosses into the 18 and 6 yards boxes. Given how we struggled in this area during the first half our game, I think they will be a handful. It will be interesting to see how they perform against Mexico on Tuesday.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Chei, na awa group mates dey chop cane like dis? :woot:
Friendlies...geeze

SE won almost all their friendlies prior to 2002 worldcup with Ogbeche, getting a shirt via a bicycle kick
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote:Unlike the Iceland game, the Croatia game highlights show a more dangerous team with wicked crosses into the 18 and 6 yards boxes. Given how we struggled in this area during the first half our game, I think they will be a handful. It will be interesting to see how they perform against Mexico on Tuesday.
It doesn't matter how they perform against Mexico cause even if they lose we will only see what they did right...I mean we have teams in our WC group lose 2-0 and 3-0 and all we hear are excuses yet Nigeria beat the 6th ranked team at their place and all I hear is what we didn't do well...honestly it is a shame...a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Football is not arithmetic, and besides these are 'friendlies' with many teams not using all of their first team personnel.
There was a marked difference between how the SE played Argentina and Poland. Every team is still experimenting.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Robbynice wrote:
1naija wrote:Unlike the Iceland game, the Croatia game highlights show a more dangerous team with wicked crosses into the 18 and 6 yards boxes. Given how we struggled in this area during the first half our game, I think they will be a handful. It will be interesting to see how they perform against Mexico on Tuesday.
It doesn't matter how they perform against Mexico cause even if they lose we will only see what they did right...I mean we have teams in our WC group lose 2-0 and 3-0 and all we hear are excuses yet Nigeria beat the 6th ranked team at their place and all I hear is what we didn't do well...honestly it is a shame...a damn shame if you ask me smh
Anything more would be uncivilized, in other words, ... KPOM!

Wha choo looking at?!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I will rather we lose friendlies and win in Russia.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How about we win friendlies and do well in the actual World Cup like Germany, Spain etc
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I think you should endeavor to watch full games. Croatia showed their weaknesses that Peru exploited for fun. I didnt analyze that game because I only watched the last 40 minutes.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: abi
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joao wrote:Football is not arithmetic, and besides these are 'friendlies' with many teams not using all of their first team personnel.
There was a marked difference between how the SE played Argentina and Poland. Every team is still experimenting.
More excuses. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Croatia and Iceland used their full first team!

Whats the next excuse? Modric is tired because he is afraid of going to jail? :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:I will rather we lose friendlies and win in Russia.
:rotf:

Uncle, in all your years on this forum, you wan do JJC? You do realize that if we lose friendlies, half of this team + Rohr will NOT be going to the world cup, right? :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

it must be considered that both Iceland and Croatia had to travel half way around the world for these friendlies to play teams that are largely based in those timezones.

But Croatia looked so overrated.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lovely! Next excuse :lol: :lol
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:it must be considered that both Iceland and Croatia had to travel half way around the world for these friendlies to play teams that are largely based in those timezones.

We travelled to Siberia and nacked Argentina 4, while chopping Siberian cold the whole damn time. Yesterday Russia collected 3 from Brazil (who had to travel god knows how many miles) in their own Siberian backyard.

Croatia have big problems against hard running and hard pressing teams with a decent skill level. I expect them to lose to Mexico next week and to us at the WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:it must be considered that both Iceland and Croatia had to travel half way around the world for these friendlies to play teams that are largely based in those timezones.

We travelled to Siberia and nacked Argentina 4, while chopping Siberian cold the whole damn time. Yesterday Russia collected 3 from Brazil (who had to travel god knows how many miles) in their own Siberian backyard.

Croatia have big problems against hard running and hard pressing teams with a decent skill level. I expect them to lose to Mexico next week and to us at the WC.

how many hours difference is Nigeria and Siberia ?

Not nearly as much as Europe to America.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:I will rather we lose friendlies and win in Russia.
:rotf:

Uncle, in all your years on this forum, you wan do JJC? You do realize that if we lose friendlies, half of this team + Rohr will NOT be going to the world cup, right? :rotf:
They will change coach if we had lost
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Robbynice wrote:
Real Shame!!! There are too many ignorant and arrogant folks on this forum claiming football knowledge in their worlds of illusion.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mexico national team to face Rakitic, but most Croatia stars head home
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/mexico-n ... 4dkfx06imi
Jon Arnold
@ArnoldcommaJon
13:59 SHARE 0 COMMENTS
Gaston de Cardenas

DALLAS — Mexico's hopes of playing Croatia's best players in a Tuesday friendly took a blow Saturday with Croatia coach Zlatko Dalic traveling to Texas without several of his top stars.
Luka Modric of Real Madrid, Juventus forward Mario Mandzukic, Inter's Ivan Perisic and Marcelo Brozovic, Milan forward Nikola Kalinic and Monaco goalkeeper Danijel Subasic all are returning to Europe, with Dalic happy to fulfill the wishes of their club coaches who requested an early return.
Ivan Rakitic, however, is traveling for Tuesday's game, even though the Barcelona midfielder played all 90 minutes of The Blazers' 2-0 defeat Friday to Peru in Miami.

Croatia still has several top players it can put out against El Tri, but Mexico manager Juan Carlos Osorio may be disappointed after he put a priority on the Tuesday contest, resting some of his stars like forward Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez and goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa and bringing on Hirving Lozano and Carlos Vela for only the second half of Friday's win over Iceland.
The Europeans are likely to use a starting lineup with Gent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic in goal, Real Madrid midfieder Mateo Kovacic in the middle of the midfield in a 4-3-3 formation and a Bundesliga-based front three of Andrej Kramaric, Ante Rebic and Marko Pjaca.

Osorio has said in the build-up to the March matches that he viewed Iceland, which Mexico topped 3-0 Friday, as a team with a similar playing style to group opponent Sweden while Croatia plays in a way more similar to what Mexico will see against Germany.
The Croats also play in a way more similar to Mexico's usual style of play, something Osorio tweaked against Iceland with a three-man back line and typical fullback Miguel Layun moving into the midfield.
Croatia arrives to the Dallas area Saturday while Mexico flies from the Bay Area to DFW on Sunday night. The match will take place in Arlington, Texas, at AT&T Stadium with the kickoff set for 10 p.m. ET.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics