Robert Lewandowski: Super Eagles Were Not Better Than Poland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Robert Lewandowski: Super Eagles Were Not Better Than Po

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Poland was playing at home.

We should take them to Nigeria and see if they will perform
thats irrelevant we were playing at home too when brazil walloped us in abuja
... don't mind them! We won - good indeed! Both teams used the game to get ready for Russia; therefore, win or lose doesn't mean anything or much. However, the truth is the truth. We would have been complaining or saying the some thing as the Poles are doing about the disallowed goal if the situation were reversed.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rohr is level headed sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:What does it matter lol.

In football if you don't win you are NOTHING.

Nigeria has lost so many games in competition for that matter, where we were better.

If you don't win you are nothing.

Nigeria is one of the unluckiest teams in football history so Abeg no country should EVER complain to us about anything.
... exactly and we never said it was fair when it happened to us, granted this is a noncompetitive game. Thus, the result means 'almost' nothing, but the truth is the truth
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:You guys are still on this matter? We have moved on! we used them for training for Iceland, we have moved on now to Serbia :lol:

Like I said in another thread yesterday, I expect this victory of ours to pain the Poles for a couple of days. They simply cannot believe that a black african team had the audacity to come there and win. As for us, we have moved on. You were used as training and your services are no longer required. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Short and simple aka Kpom Kwem
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...down playing SE win and rejecting it as an out right win.
Come Tuesday shiit may happen and all hell will break loose among arm chair Nigerian coaches.
Fingers crossed.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I dont see why people have to belittle the Super Eagles in this instance. Yes of course they were lucky in this game, and yes a bounce here, a deflection there, and the result might have been different.

But the fact of the matter is that even though we didnt play to our best ability, we did keep a clean sheet, and came away with a win, on the road, against a Fifa ranked top 10 team, in their home stadium no less.

Good teams grind out wins when things are toughest. I think we proved we have the foundation of a very good team.
I am excited.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Why do we seek validation from whoever...Lewanwho?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

When a top player is trying to explain that we were not better than them on their own ground says a lot. Most of the time they would have been commenting how better they were in all department.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:You guys are still on this matter? We have moved on! we used them for training for Iceland, we have moved on now to Serbia :lol:

Like I said in another thread yesterday, I expect this victory of ours to pain the Poles for a couple of days. They simply cannot believe that a black african team had the audacity to come there and win. As for us, we have moved on. You were used as training and your services are no longer required. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you minding our people who have joined the Poles in crying?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Who cares what he thinks...I just hope Senegal beat the hell out of them.
I will put my money on Senegal to beat Poland.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

In terms of strength , Nigeria is a better team.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He's right. Poland played better over both halfs, had a goal disallowed that may have been legitimate, and got a dodgy penalty awarded against them. What concerns me is we created very few chances. We are too reliant on Mikel. What happens if he gets injured or has a bad game? We could have punished Poland on the counter, but our counter attacks fell apart in the final third because of poor final balls. It's atypical of our boys to be so wasteful in the final third. I expect our play in this area to improve against Serbia.

I hope Rohr never plays Kelechi as an AM. In my opinion, Iwobi will do just fine as an AM. Yes he was poor against Senegal in that role, but wasn't that game during the period he was struggling to get games at Arsenal? He has more games now under his belt and his confidence has grown. Even Moses would do better there. However, his energy at both ends of the flanks will be missed it he is moved to the middle.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lewandowski a big cry baby,he can't believe he was silent by two defenders he was thinking he will score couple of goals.
Playing for Bayern you will score goals with those service, let's see how he enjoy his 3 games and home back.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

olu wrote:He's right. Poland played better over both halfs, had a goal disallowed that may have been legitimate, and got a dodgy penalty awarded against them. What concerns me is we created very few chances. We are too reliant on Mikel. What happens if he gets injured or has a bad game? We could have punished Poland on the counter, but our counter attacks fell apart in the final third because of poor final balls. It's atypical of our boys to be so wasteful in the final third. I expect our play in this area to improve against Serbia.

I hope Rohr never plays Kelechi as an AM. In my opinion, Iwobi will do just fine as an AM. Yes he was poor against Senegal in that role, but wasn't that game during the period he was struggling to get games at Arsenal? He has more games now under his belt and his confidence has grown. Even Moses would do better there. However, his energy at both ends of the flanks will be missed it he is moved to the middle.
All this one na tori. We've been far better in games and lost. The objective is to win. Whether pretty or ugly, just WIN
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:P Let the losers be talking about how they were better.

Our guys are going over game tape and learning how they can continue improving.

You go to the home of a higher ranked team, with the elements against you, without your captain and calming influence, with a rookie keeper and deny them a chance at winning.

Bros, that's a good day in the office.

Unto the next lesson... Serbia!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

It is kinda funny....didn't this team beat Argentina 4-2? And ppl said it will be a different game with Messi, Aguero was sick etc...

My prayer is that we win at least 5/6 games in Russia with luck and luck alone.

Denmark stepped off the beach to win the European nations cup and to a certain extent.....Portugal.

No one now remembers the luck only that there are champions......am sure that the Super Eagles 23 and Rohr will take that now.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

After watching the game again, then went over the comments from our fans, all I could do was shake my head and smile. Nothing could be farther from the truth on those saying they were far better than our team.
If we had a little bit more control from the mid to final third, this would have ended embarrassingly for Poland. They were the better team but Nigeria with a few tweaks here and there and with Mikel on board will rectify that midfield to final third issues.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Odas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Odas wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:he is telling the truth.

How I wish this win would have been convincing.

It was far from it.
:agree: :agree: :agree: I had the luxury of rewatching the game twice and certainly their disallowed goal was a legitimate goal. As many has said, let's just say we won, but I wish we won clearly
you guys are something else. Ok, feel free to reject the victory. By the way, I don't believe Rohr's objective was to WIN CLEARLY, or WIN CONVINCINGLY. Doubt that's what we traveled to Poland to achieve.
... and no one said Rohr or the Super-eagles went to Poland to win CLEARLY or otherwise. You are the one trying to change the topic of discussion - like you always do.

Win or lose,the Poles' GOAL was a GOOD goal whether it changes anything or not
Na you sabi the thing wey you chop wey dey worry you. Go and and enjoy with the Poles being better and losing underservedly. We, on the other hand, will take our hard-earned victory, understand that it was a FRIENDLY, and learn appropriate lessons from there.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sir V wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Who cares what he thinks...I just hope Senegal beat the hell out of them.
I will put my money on Senegal to beat Poland.
Lol. Good luck. I wouldnt put my money on that. As quick and physical as Senegal may be, so is Poland. The way we beat them was by defensive organization and our ruthlessness. Can Senegal replicate that?? It took us 2 years of hard work... unbelievable hard work to get to this point. We are not playing the usual flair and naive football anymore... we are playing a very tactical game.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

charlie wrote:I dont see why people have to belittle the Super Eagles in this instance. Yes of course they were lucky in this game, and yes a bounce here, a deflection there, and the result might have been different.

But the fact of the matter is that even though we didnt play to our best ability, we did keep a clean sheet, and came away with a win, on the road, against a Fifa ranked top 10 team, in their home stadium no less.

Good teams grind out wins when things are toughest. I think we proved we have the foundation of a very good team.
I am excited.
You don't see why they belittle the SE? Hmmm wake up o! This forum quickly showed me how much of a self-hating people Nigerians are. I'm almost getting used to it, and it helps me not go crazy reading comments on this forum. We win games and people complain till the next win. You can imagine what would happen when we lose. Tufiakwa.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:
charlie wrote:I dont see why people have to belittle the Super Eagles in this instance. Yes of course they were lucky in this game, and yes a bounce here, a deflection there, and the result might have been different.

I am excited.
You don't see why they belittle the SE? Hmmm wake up o! This forum quickly showed me how much of a self-hating people Nigerians are. I'm almost getting used to it, and it helps me not go crazy reading comments on this forum. We win games and people complain till the next win. You can imagine what would happen when we lose. Tufiakwa.

Na so we see am o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Winning ugly is a sign of future champion!

Thank God Fifa Don approve my ticket if we enter the final match!

Cmoke!

Tell the poles to check their scoreboard
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It just a friendly.

Nigeria will get in gear at the Mundial. You can take that to the bank.

Na our B team beat them 1 nil. He should be thankful our Capo was not there in person.

Yeye dey smell. :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051