My thoughts on the game & Ratings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
My thoughts on the game & Ratings

Post by vancity eagle »

Uzoho (6.5) - Shaky on crosses, missed the ball completely a few times, but made a good save on Lewandowski

Abdullahi (5) - Worst player on the pitch for SE. Constantly out of position and gave away needless fouls. Didn't do well in attack or defence. Needs to be replaced by a natural RB, his time as RB should be over for now.

Troost (7.5) - Marshalled the defence very well

Balogun (7) - was a beast in the air, did well alongside Troost

Idowu (6.5) - not convincing but a decent display, certainly better than Echiejele. Aina should be tried against Serbia

Ndidi (6.5) - not his usual self, misplaced passes and could not hold down the midfield

Joel (7) - put in a good shift, was continuously harassing the Polish players with high pressing, should definitely be in Russia and a possible starter, although Etebo will have something to say about that

Iheanacho (6) - not much influence on the match, his presence was not felt

Moses (7) - Had a subpar game IMO. Only a 7 because of the goal which was a dive to earn the PK. He did not play a team game today but was only interested in running around and shooting wild, needs to step up because a burden of our attack rests on his shoulders.

Iwobi (6) - another uninspiring game. pressed a lot but couldn't get into any rhthym.

Ighalo (7) - Good link up play, did well on his own going up against the big Polish defenders. There is no alternative for the top striking role. Ighalo is our #1 guy undisputed. Had some nice moves in the box

SUBS

Musa (5) - Showed us again why he should not be on the team. Killed a counter attack which should have resulted in a goal with his dumb play.

Onazi (5) - Completely out of it and unfit, it was clear why Rohr chose Joel over him. Needs to lose weight.

Omeruo (6) looked a little shaky

THOUGHTS

the 442 must not be tried again, unless perhaps against Iceland if they are sitting back and we cannot score. with 2 in midfield we could not control possession and we were getting overrun. we must play 3 midfielders.

I don't know if Uzoho is good enough for such a tough worldcup group. We seriously need to at least call Enyeama to camp and assess his readiness. It is suicide not to do so. On the other hand Uzoho must play the whole Serbia game to give him more experience.

Ebuehi is our RB, Abdullahi does not cut it at this level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless.

WE NEED TO DEFEND SET PIECES BETTER AS A TEAM, FROM THE GOALKEEPER TO THE MIDFIELDERS, TO THE ATTACKERS.

We were lucky to win and Moses dove to get that penalty. Do these guys not know that VAR will be in use and Moses would have likely got a yellow card. This nonsense must be stamped out.

Musa is not it. If we are serious we need to have better attacking options on the bench. I want to see Ajayi against Serbia as our first attacking sub

Sadiq Umar, Onyekuru, Samuel Kalu, Olayinka, need to seriously be looked at. Musa is just not it he is a waste.

Joel Obi has booked his place to Russia pending his health.

Onazi is behind both Joel and Etebo IMO. I think our best 3 would be Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo

We need to improve our attacking play. Our off the ball runs, we need to attack better as a team and not just rely on counter attacks. It is shameful that we did not create one chance in this entire match.
soccernut
Egg
Egg
Re: My thoughts on the game & Ratings

Post by soccernut »

I have watched the replay of Moses penalty about eight times and disagree with your observation. Go back and watch it and pause the play at the point of contact -- you will notice how the Polish defender surreptitiously sticks a quick left foot out and withdraws it immediately -- just enough to trip Moses, then quickly turns around and feigns innocence by waiving his hands in the air. The referee wasn't that far off either. There was contact between the man's foot and Moses foot that impeded his continued motion on the ball. Even though it was a slight trip; it was effective enough to get Moses off the ball-- and that's all it takes for a foul to be called inside the box.

On the other hand-- the disallowed goal was a legitimate goal by VAR standards. We were lucky, but hell yeah! It's about time we had some luck come our way for a change! :) We all know at the WC the rules will be strictly enforced. Hopefully -- that's the last time we would need to resort to such clearance in goal. But if we must admit, it was a damn good one!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Your rating is sheit. All your prejudices are reflected in your analysis.
Blaming Musa for a pass that was clearly on the heavy side is a bit much, unless you think he should be able to catch any ball no matter how hard you hit it?

My thought on the pen - legit pen. The defender stick out his leg and there was contact. If you even slow it down and watch the body movement of the defender, the contact was enough to unstable him as he tried to withdraw his leg.

The supposedly Polish goal - not a goal. From frontal angle it looks like it was in even though it was not conclusive. Many are subconsciously thinking it's a goal because Balogun crossed the line as he cleared it.
The angle from being the post is also inconclusive.

It could have been a goal but until the ref and linesman can B absolutely sure the whole circumference of the ball crossed the line then it's not a goal.

Anything else na opinion and sentiment
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

I stopped reading when I saw the rating on Sheu..... I agree the rating is sheit
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Even though I didn't read this crap.................I believe this rating is sheit.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:Uzoho (6.5) - Shaky on crosses, missed the ball completely a few times, but made a good save on Lewandowski

Abdullahi (5) - Worst player on the pitch for SE. Constantly out of position and gave away needless fouls. Didn't do well in attack or defence. Needs to be replaced by a natural RB, his time as RB should be over for now.

Troost (7.5) - Marshalled the defence very well

Balogun (7) - was a beast in the air, did well alongside Troost

Idowu (6.5) - not convincing but a decent display, certainly better than Echiejele. Aina should be tried against Serbia

Ndidi (6.5) - not his usual self, misplaced passes and could not hold down the midfield

Joel (7) - put in a good shift, was continuously harassing the Polish players with high pressing, should definitely be in Russia and a possible starter, although Etebo will have something to say about that

Iheanacho (6) - not much influence on the match, his presence was not felt

Moses (7) - Had a subpar game IMO. Only a 7 because of the goal which was a dive to earn the PK. He did not play a team game today but was only interested in running around and shooting wild, needs to step up because a burden of our attack rests on his shoulders.

Iwobi (6) - another uninspiring game. pressed a lot but couldn't get into any rhthym.

Ighalo (7) - Good link up play, did well on his own going up against the big Polish defenders. There is no alternative for the top striking role. Ighalo is our #1 guy undisputed. Had some nice moves in the box

SUBS

Musa (5) - Showed us again why he should not be on the team. Killed a counter attack which should have resulted in a goal with his dumb play.

Onazi (5) - Completely out of it and unfit, it was clear why Rohr chose Joel over him. Needs to lose weight.

Omeruo (6) looked a little shaky

THOUGHTS

the 442 must not be tried again, unless perhaps against Iceland if they are sitting back and we cannot score. with 2 in midfield we could not control possession and we were getting overrun. we must play 3 midfielders.

I don't know if Uzoho is good enough for such a tough worldcup group. We seriously need to at least call Enyeama to camp and assess his readiness. It is suicide not to do so. On the other hand Uzoho must play the whole Serbia game to give him more experience.

Ebuehi is our RB, Abdullahi does not cut it at this level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless.

WE NEED TO DEFEND SET PIECES BETTER AS A TEAM, FROM THE GOALKEEPER TO THE MIDFIELDERS, TO THE ATTACKERS.

We were lucky to win and Moses dove to get that penalty. Do these guys not know that VAR will be in use and Moses would have likely got a yellow card. This nonsense must be stamped out.

Musa is not it. If we are serious we need to have better attacking options on the bench. I want to see Ajayi against Serbia as our first attacking sub

Sadiq Umar, Onyekuru, Samuel Kalu, Olayinka, need to seriously be looked at. Musa is just not it he is a waste.

Joel Obi has booked his place to Russia pending his health.

Onazi is behind both Joel and Etebo IMO. I think our best 3 would be Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo

We need to improve our attacking play. Our off the ball runs, we need to attack better as a team and not just rely on counter attacks. It is shameful that we did not create one chance in this entire match.

Hopefully Ajayi and or onyekuru could make the bench better. Rohr can take his pet Musa to the WC as a cheerleader but not in the 23 man list abeg