Joel Obi is a destroyer not a playmaker

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mojojojo
Egg
Egg
Joel Obi is a destroyer not a playmaker

Post by mojojojo »

There is one and only one Mikel Obi and he was missed today.

Joel cannot be a creative force within the team.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joel Obi is a destroyer not a playmaker

Post by okidoki »

Joel was a ten for Inter academy for a minute, so its not beyond him.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

He played in a pivot with Ndidi. What were people expecting him to do? Rohr should've played a midfield 3 and pushed him upfront if he wanted him to replace Mikel
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Joel brought pace and high intensity to the midfield. Players responded to his urgent style thus it seem like the SE had an extra player in the midfield. Rohr should try Mikel, Joel and Ndidi combo, onazi will have to hug the bench tho.
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

9jaMan wrote:Joel brought pace and high intensity to the midfield. Players responded to his urgent style thus it seem like the SE had an extra player in the midfield. Rohr should try Mikel, Joel and Ndidi combo, onazi will have to hug the bench tho.
I think that Joel was just being tested for this game and Onazi will hold his place with Ndidi and Mikel.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mojojojo wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Joel brought pace and high intensity to the midfield. Players responded to his urgent style thus it seem like the SE had an extra player in the midfield. Rohr should try Mikel, Joel and Ndidi combo, onazi will have to hug the bench tho.
I think that Joel was just being tested for this game and Onazi will hold his place with Ndidi and Mikel.

In my opinion onazi was not missed today, sad but true. Mikel was surely missed thus Rohr should try the two obis and one Ndidi in midfield. Just my humble opinion
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mojojojo wrote:There is one and only one Mikel Obi and he was missed today.

The joke is on your bro. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Obi is 26 years old! He made his debut for the first team for Inter Milan in 2010-- thats 8 years ago. You have had 8 years to watch him, and you came here thinking he was a playmaker? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think you should not have opened this thread. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

okidoki wrote:Joel was a ten for Inter academy for a minute, so its not beyond him.
I didnt watch him at primavera level. It seems you did. However, at senior football, he has NEVER payed as a playmaker.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

9jaMan wrote:
mojojojo wrote:

In my opinion onazi was not missed today, sad but true. Mikel was surely missed thus Rohr should try the two obis and one Ndidi in midfield. Just my humble opinion
I totally agree with this... Makes perfect sense and I think Ighalo should be out point man. I have always admired his engine, he runs all day pressuring the CBs...
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

duh
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Joel is a box to box CM. I watched all his performances playing for Inter /José. Personally, I feel his best work will be visible in a middle trio. That said, I feel that Onazi complements mikel and Ndidi better. Onazi has his weaknesses but he's a force for us in the middle and will free up both mikel and Ndidi to do more.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

green4life wrote:Joel is a box to box CM. I watched all his performances playing for Inter /José. Personally, I feel his best work will be visible in a middle trio. That said, I feel that Onazi complements mikel and Ndidi better. Onazi has his weaknesses but he's a force for us in the middle and will free up both mikel and Ndidi to do more.

Kpom!

Joel should make the WC...but IMO, Onazi still has the position
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

deanotito wrote:
green4life wrote:Joel is a box to box CM. I watched all his performances playing for Inter /José. Personally, I feel his best work will be visible in a middle trio. That said, I feel that Onazi complements mikel and Ndidi better. Onazi has his weaknesses but he's a force for us in the middle and will free up both mikel and Ndidi to do more.

Kpom!

Please rewatch yesterday's match. Onazi is not better than Joel - IMHO. My gut tells me Rohr might have seen this yesterday. Yesterday's game presented us with a natural experiment - both players played the same team, on the same day, in the same position. Watch the game minute 1 to 15 (Jobi) and Minute 60 - 75 (Onazi). Onazi under pressure and when not under pressure passed the ball out to throwing quite a few times. It was ridiculous. I had always thought Onazi had a leg up on Jobi when it comes to being combative BUT No! Joel is/can and was fairly combative in his approach and covered ground. Onazi was no more of an energizer bunney than Joel either

Here's the link -
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

icee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Kpom!

Please rewatch yesterday's match. Onazi is not better than Joel - IMHO. My gut tells me Rohr might have seen this yesterday. Yesterday's game presented us with a natural experiment - both players played the same team, on the same day, in the same position. Watch the game minute 1 to 15 (Jobi) and Minute 60 - 75 (Onazi). Onazi under pressure and when not under pressure passed the ball out to throwing quite a few times. It was ridiculous. I had always thought Onazi had a leg up on Jobi when it comes to being combative BUT No! Joel is/can and was fairly combative in his approach and covered ground. Onazi was no more of an energizer bunney than Joel either

Here's the link -
Joel's play is miles better than Onazi's; virtually in every department.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

icee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Kpom!

Here's the link -

Did anybody else think Onazi looked fat and overweight. He was not as fast as his usual self, he looked lazy and sloppy, and this after being introduced later in the game when everyone else was tiring.

Joel was far superior.

Onazi has spent a lot of time on the bench for his club lately, and I can understand why.

Onazi is behind both Joel and Etebo IMO.

He needs to get in shape.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Onazi has served the SE well enough.
Joel is much better at the moment when considering the DM position.
And if Onazi does not watch out, Etebo might just eat his cake too.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

vancity eagle wrote:
icee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Kpom!

Here's the link -

Did anybody else think Onazi looked fat and overweight. He was not as fast as his usual self, he looked lazy and sloppy, and this after being introduced later in the game when everyone else was tiring.

Joel was far superior.

Onazi has spent a lot of time on the bench for his club lately, and I can understand why.

Onazi is behind both Joel and Etebo IMO.

He needs to get in shape.
But I watched him in his clubs last 2 league games(full matches) before this international break.................he even scored against Yeni Malatyaspor on 18/03/2018(roughly a week ago :D )
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If Joel is fit he will probably take the place of Ogu or Agu in the final squad..
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

danfo driver wrote:

The joke is on your bro. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Obi is 26 years old! He made his debut for the first team for Inter Milan in 2010-- thats 8 years ago. You have had 8 years to watch him, and you came here thinking he was a playmaker? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think you should not have opened this thread. :lol:
Blame Ayo for that one.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley