Why There Are No S.A Players in UEFA CL. Is 9ja Next?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why There Are No S.A Players in UEFA CL. Is 9ja Next?

Post by Kabalega »

S. Africa, once had top players in the top leagues in the world. Not anymore!
I wouldn't even advise a good player to join the PSL unless, they are desperate, need to learn professionalism or are a goalie.

Looking at 9ja's steady decline in the overall CAF landscape, leaves one to wonder ....
Is 9ja going down the same path?

Even worse 9ja doesn't have a quality league like the PSL, so their ballers go to far flung leagues around the world (could be a blessing in some ways).
However, progressing from out of there is very difficult!
Many of these leagues are worse than the PSL.

I know many on CE/EN don't care as long as the Eagles are in the World Cup.
But have you seen the gathering clouds....?

1. The Eagles, now regularly fail to qualify for the African Nations Cup with clock-work precision.
2. The Eagles, are increasingly made up of foreign born players (FBB). Soon, there will be no native born ballers on the team.
Nothing wrong with it, as every NT player should be there on merit.

But the Eagle's shift to only FBB, will mask the ugly rot going on among other things.
It's akin to importing exotic foreign tiles to lay on a floor with a damaged structural foundation below.
Sure you can import the wood, concrete, steel, heck even the rock and soil to shore up the foundation.
But they too, can get damaged by local conditions (earthquakes, landslides, volcano eruptions, pollution, flooding...)
What then?

Move the house with all its foreign materials abroad, cutting it off from the corrosive local elements? :D

Sundowns Coach Mosimane hails KCCA fighting spirit

6 HOURS AGO
BY ISMAEL KIYONGA

© Kawowo Sports | JOHN BATANUDDE
Pitso Mosimane
Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane has launched a scathing attack on South African clubs for failure to make it on the continent and hailed KCCA.

The Sundowns tactician hailed KCCA’s fighting spirit that saw them reach the CAF Champions League group stages at the expense of teams with bigger budgets in South Africa.

“It’s either we are in or out. We can talk politics, travelling and what what,” said Mosimane as quoted by KickOff.

“What budget does Supersport [United] have in comparison to Rayon Sports? What budget? What budget does KCCA have in comparison to [Bidvest] Wits? I went to KCCA at training. Their offices are there. They are like containers, but these guys are fighting. They fought this year.

KCCA eliminated St. George, a side that Sundowns faced last season in the group stages and the feat didn’t go unnoticed by Mosimane.

“They went to St George [in Ethiopia] and nobody comes out there [with a win] and they came out. It’s not easy. They don’t have money and so where do they get money to do it? We are well sponsored, [but] we complain, I don’t understand.

The former African champion whose side are back in the group stages of the continental club competition thinks South African teams’ lack of interest to take part in continental competitions is another reason there are not many players playing in the Uefa Champions League.

“The mentality must be different in South Africa, that’s why we don’t have players playing in Champions League in Europe,” he said.

Only two South African sides, Sundowns and Orlando Pirates have previously won the African club competitions.

https://www.kawowo.com/2018/03/25/sundo ... ng-spirit/

Kickoff article: http://www.kickoff.com/news/84510/mamel ... mosimane-f
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why There Are No S.A Players in UEFA CL. Is 9ja Next?

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ok I get Uganda is footballing super power so you want to rub it in :clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Imagine a Ugandan asking this question. This has got to be a joke...
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Komani wrote:Imagine a Ugandan asking this question. This has got to be a joke...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Is Ogolo sick or sometin?

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Ok I get Uganda is footballing super power so you want to rub it in :clap:
airwolex wrote:
Komani wrote:Imagine a Ugandan asking this question. This has got to be a joke...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Show me 9ja vs Uganda all time history!
I bet you will not make noise once you see the data! :taunt: :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I'd like to see a female Ugandan football team for the wrong reasons. :winking:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

I am also concerned about the eventual back lash and current predominance of foreign born players which should be de emphasised except the outstanding ones. our junior trams are now dead due to this