One thing we have to realize

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
One thing we have to realize

Post by Tobi17 »

And very fundamentally as well is that Rohr isn't readying our SE boys for Russia 2018, but rather GROOMING a well drilled, tactically sound/ disciplined, and compact team that will be VERY difficult to beat... so many of us are failing to see this, which explains why so many delusional and impatient fans are expecting champagne football, that expectation however altruistic and fanciful is however very far off the bigger picture which is to play to a certain tactics and philosophy, and win with it... which is what Rohr is seemingly doing so far. Guys relax, the sexy football will eventually come with time, the process to get there is systematic and you can imagine why German coaches are known for their systematic efficiency, Rohr is trying to juxtapose that German discipline and efficiency (which some of us might see as too boring and devoid of adventure), with the African style of football which is usually pace, athleticism, considerable skill, and power. For quite some time Nigeria has only been playing the Nigerian way, which was why we were always explosive going forward but very terrible at defending as well as frustrating teams that knew how to pick out our gaping holes and exploit, now we are seeing a discernibly emerging pattern with Rohr where teams find it hard to just tiki taka their way into our 18 yard box and then score... even good passing teams like Argentina, Poland, Algeria didn't get much joy breezing through our defenses to score, they had to depend on few goal keeping errors mostly to even score on us, and that says a lot. By 2022 this Nigerian team will be world cup title contenders, the signs and potentials are already there, we are definitely en route to producing a team that might best our 1994 generation... but we need to be like the Germans and be patient, efficient, systematic FIRST, no shame in learning from the best to be like the best.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: One thing we have to realize

Post by danfo driver »

I usually watch Nigeria's game for a second time "without tension". To help me see things I may have missed. I will rewatch the Poland game tomorrow night, as part of my ritual "night before an SE game." However, even with watching the game just once (with tension), one could already see the imprint of a tactical mastermind's hand.

if this was Conte, Mourinho etc etc now, people will be twerking from sokoto to Enugu
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Where are those who were losing their rag when the name "Rohr" was touted as a candidate for the SE job?

The man don try sha, regardless of your preference.

Thank God we didn't get Bryan Robson, Hoddle and anyone else our resident pest was touting for the job :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kpom x 100000000!! An obvious fact about analysis on CE is that most people here are Epl fans that are obsessed with one team or the other, their perspective and expectations are unrealistic when it comes to national teams. Rohr cannot just buy a better player if he needs a certain type of player. He has to make what he has better.

This team may not be at the 94 level yet but it’s already better than all our previous wc teams except for 94. We will not know how good this team truly is until the whistle blows at the wc. All else is just for entertainment purposes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

pajimoh wrote:Where are those who were losing their rag when the name "Rohr" was touted as a candidate for the SE job?

Thank God we didn't get Bryan Robson, Hoddle and anyone else our resident pest was touting for the job :tic:

Ayo once touted Jorge Castelli for SE job. Wonder what happened to that man. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

There is no such thing as 2022. The time to win is now. We are not guaranteed in 2022. In 2014, they said we were building a team for 2018. 2018 is now upon us and they are shifting it again to 2022 If we get 2022, they will shift to 2026 or maybe 2030
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:if this was Conte, Mourinho etc etc now, people will be twerking from sokoto to Enugu
If it was Mourinho that person would be you. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Where are those who were losing their rag when the name "Rohr" was touted as a candidate for the SE job?

Ayo once touted Jorge Castelli for SE job. Wonder what happened to that man. :laugh:

E don die
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote:There is no such thing as 2022. The time to win is now. We are not guaranteed in 2022. In 2014, they said we were building a team for 2018. 2018 is now upon us and they are shifting it again to 2022 If we get 2022, they will shift to 2026 or maybe 2030

Yup! Definitely! Although, I do understand what he is saying.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:I usually watch Nigeria's game for a second time "without tension". To help me see things I may have missed. I will rewatch the Poland game tomorrow night, as part of my ritual "night before an SE game." However, even with watching the game just once (with tension), one could already see the imprint of a tactical mastermind's hand.

if this was Conte, Mourinho etc etc now, people will be twerking from sokoto to Enugu
Where are you watching this thing?
All the provided online video links have been taken down.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I usually watch Nigeria's game for a second time "without tension". To help me see things I may have missed. I will rewatch the Poland game tomorrow night, as part of my ritual "night before an SE game." However, even with watching the game just once (with tension), one could already see the imprint of a tactical mastermind's hand.

Where are you watching this thing?
All the provided online video links have been taken down.
I usually use Youtube. its posted after a few days.

but one of our cyber brothers has posted this very clear facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/GreenEaglesHQ/