Having now watched the Poland game again...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Having now watched the Poland game again...

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It is clear that some people have an agenda. Now, I am absolutely convinced and I am not going to waste my time anymore. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Having now watched the Poland game again...

Post by Robbynice »

You get time my brother... :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It is clear that some people have an agenda. Now, I am absolutely convinced and I am not going to waste my time anymore. :lol:
No big deal. Na agency business.

We need Nwakali :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What agenda could it possibly be?
Typically, when you watch a game life one does it with a heightened tension and emotion.
So what did you see differently now that you have had the benefit of watching it a second time?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Cellular wrote:

What agenda could it possibly be?
Typically, when you watch a game life one does it with a heightened tension and emotion.
So what did you see differently now that you have had the benefit of watching it a second time?
Very true.
After watching the game a second time, i noticed Balogun played quite well though he was beaten for pace twice or thrice.

Still, our performance in the game is the worst so far under Rohr. It could be the way the Polish team played but our game didnt flow and we made far lesser threats at the Polish goal.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The worst culprit was Kelechi. In second half he touched the ball only once.. He never put himself in a good position to receive the ball. Incessantly running aimlessly around the field . Only came close to the ball when there is free kick which Moses vehemently denied him from taken them, Honestly between him Musa I don't who is worse . However , what I know for sure both lack the dexterities to play at this level.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

bully12 wrote:The worst culprit was Kelechi. In second half he touched the ball only once.. He never put himself in a good position to receive the ball. Incessantly running aimlessly around the field . Only came close to the ball when there is free kick which Moses vehemently denied him from taken them, Honestly between him Musa I don't who is worse . However , what I know for sure both lack the dexterities to play at this level.
Could be down to adjusting to new tactics.

Also we can't really say this was the A team. So some gelling issues there as well.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Credit to our defence. As I watched the game live, I felt if Poland were given 3 days, they still will not score against us. Their only chance was at setpieces and they were not clinical enough.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I don watch the game 11 times....and I wonder if CE ball watchers are not smart. . Em SE balled
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

This is why I don't like watching a game with fellow citizens at a bar, or sitting near some in a stadium.
Most just like to make impatient and irrelevant comments, buttressed by sentiments.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:You get time my brother... :rotf:
I was literally cracking up after I was done. :lol: :lol: Unbelievable.

Even the Idowu/Shehu that they almost convinced me (against my own eyes) were useless... I couldnt believe it. Shehu was as stable as a newly crafted desk. He only had an issue once, which led to the freekick that caused the goal mouth scramble. Aside from that, he was strong and played well.

Idowu was also very good. Wasnt great, as he didnt have to be... he was good. Defended well, and joined the midfield very well. The times that the Polish players got behind him was (1) when he overlapped and Joel didnt cover for him-- because Joel was busy in midfield because we had less players in midfield and (2) Iwobi didnt track the winger who ran off the ball.

People also failed to notice that we played a 4-4-2 and Poland played a 3-5-2 which means they flooded the midfield absolutely...

WE MATCHED THEM! WE WERE ABSOLUTELY NOT INFERIOR AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME. Even when we were defending deep, we were resolute! It was like November when Argentina was passing passing and no where to to. Even the commentator said it - "Poland has no where to go!" :rotf:

Every aspect of the game was controlled by us. When we wanted to attack them, we did. When we wanted them to have the ball, and counter them, we let them have the ball! It wasnt by chance! It was our decision!

Anyway, I am so done! No more! Na to watch match and just laugh at threads from now on.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:Credit to our defence. As I watched the game live, I felt if Poland were given 3 days, they still will not score against us. Their only chance was at setpieces and they were not clinical enough.
Thats what is beginning to happen now. Our organization is such that teams can play for 10 years and they simply cannot pass. I heard the commentator pretty much state so-- "Poland has no where to go!" :rotf:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Concur.
(watched the game 3 times, as of yesterday night).
danfo driver wrote:
rr
Even the Idowu/Shehu that they almost convinced me (against my own eyes) were useless... I couldnt believe it. Shehu was as stable as a newly crafted desk. He only had an issue once, which led to the freekick that caused the goal mouth scramble. Aside from that, he was strong and played well.

Idowu was also very good. Wasnt great, as he didnt have to be... he was good. Defended well, and joined the midfield very well. The times that the Polish players got behind him was (1) when he overlapped and Joel didnt cover for him-- because Joel was busy in midfield because we had less players in midfield and (2) Iwobi didnt track the winger who ran off the ball.

People also failed to notice that we played a 4-4-2 and Poland played a 3-5-2 which means they flooded the midfield absolutely...

WE MATCHED THEM! WE WERE ABSOLUTELY NOT INFERIOR AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME. Even when we were defending deep, we were resolute! It was like November when Argentina was passing passing and no where to to. Even the commentator said it - "Poland has no where to go!" :rotf:

Every aspect of the game was controlled by us. When we wanted to attack them, we did. When we wanted them to have the ball, and counter them, we let them have the ball! It wasnt by chance! It was our decision!

Anyway, I am so done! No more! Na to watch match and just laugh at threads from now on.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

The game was like nasty trench warfare fought tooth and nail in midfield; no frills no trills. Ndidi was immense, but as usual doesn't get props he deserves for doing the dirty work. I also agree that Iheanacho didn't do himself justice with his frequent turnovers, Obi showed better positional awareness than Onazi in two man CM, until Ogu came to replace him in that role and he was able to bomb forward. Good to see that if we cant finish off teams we can hold out for slim wins.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I don watch the game 11 times....and I wonder if CE ball watchers are not smart. . Em SE balled
Na wetin I see be that too but then if they are not calling me an optimist they are saying I only see the positives so...oh well wetin small pikin like me know... :D

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:

Ol'boy you go notice I don't really follow game threads on CE anymore during games. I come afterwards to read the game thread for comic relief...The thing funny die ATF... :rotf:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I don watch the game 11 times....and I wonder if CE ball watchers are not smart. . Em SE balled
Na wetin I see be that too but then if they are not calling me an optimist they are saying I only see the positives so...oh well wetin small pikin like me know... :D
this small pikin no dey grow up at all :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

CE seems to deal a lot in extremes, with most on game day threads thinking we are playing rubbish, but this is also the other side of the coin (overhyping), which is just as bad. We didn't ball, we played a decent and tactically astute game and even Rohr said as much even said we were lucky to win. The coordination of our attacks does need to improve going forward. But if you call this balling, then what would you call our second half display vs. Argentina?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I have said it time and again. If you have the opportunity to watch the match live, stay away from the match thread. Leave that for ppl who are not watching.

Just come and contribute after half time or full time.

To watch with CE members na unnecessary hypertension.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I don't usually agree with you, but this time, you get it 100% right. Our team played a disciplined, organized, professional contest. Had they been any of the world's more famous soccer nations, people here would have been falling over themselves to point out how good they were. Come on!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

General rule is don't depend on the game thread for how the team played or how a specific player played in the game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Good thing bein showed the game a few times since the game and I had to watch it again. I know tension makes for crazy observations but it has become something else on this site. Some people just have this notion in their head and use non existing incidents to write them on game threads.

If we get our mid to final third together, that game would have been embarrassing for the Poles. Anyways just use game thread as comic relief or better yet figure out the naysayers and ignore them for your sanity on games days.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

After watching it again I have to agree with the sentiments here. The "real score" was not 3-0 as some claimed, it was more like 5-2 to Poland.
OCCUPY NFF!!