Musa will play as a no 9 against Serbia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Musa will play as a no 9 against Serbia

Post by gochino »

Interesting formation,let see how it works out with Obi as our playmaker and musa as our striker....But lets hope micheal James is telling the truth :rotf: :rotf:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/27/ho ... -in-focus/

Coach Gernot Rohr has lined up his team in his favoured 4-3-3 formation for today’s pre World Cup friendly game against Serbia in England ‎late tonight.

As revealed by Owngoalnigeria.com, Ahmed Musa will take up the role of Odion Ighalo in attack. An upgrade from the last friendly game against Poland which he replaced Iwobi and operated from the left as the Eagles clinch a 1-0 win on Friday.

Playing as a top striker for the team tonight, he will operate as a false number nine, meaning he will drift into spaces from the either the right or left flank with the winger Alex Iwobi and Victor Moses taking up his role in the centre.

Joel Obi will play as the number ten of the Super Eagles in tonight’s game against Serbia with injury ruling out Kelechi Iheanacho who played in same position against Poland, due to the absence of team captain John Mikel Obi.

DONT MISS ==> Alhassan "Muazam" Ibrahim Explains Why He Missed Europa League Clash Against Milan
Obi will be required to push upfront and join the attack, with Rohr hoping that his goal scoring form for Torino, where he has three goals in the Serie A will come handy when he finds himself in the opponent’s box.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa will play as a no 9 against Serbia

Post by Gooner1 »

....and this is why I cannot take SE seriously........you want a failed project like Musa in your squad for what?

Did you see Onazi's disgust when he put Musa thru with a sublime pass in the 93rd minute?
Granted Musa had a lot to do, but he couldn't even control the pass with no Polish defenders around him.......smiling like a goat giving thumbs up to Onazi :lol:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote:Interesting formation,let see how it works out with Obi as our playmaker and musa as our striker....But lets hope micheal James is telling the truth :rotf: :rotf:

Coach Gernot Rohr has lined up his team in his favoured 4-3-3 formation for today’s pre World Cup friendly game against Serbia in England ‎late tonight.

As revealed by Owngoalnigeria.com, Ahmed Musa will take up the role of Odion Ighalo in attack. An upgrade from the last friendly game against Poland which he replaced Iwobi and operated from the left as the Eagles clinch a 1-0 win on Friday.

Playing as a top striker for the team tonight, he will operate as a false number nine, meaning he will drift into spaces from the either the right or left flank with the winger Alex Iwobi and Victor Moses taking up his role in the centre.

Joel Obi will play as the number ten of the Super Eagles in tonight’s game against Serbia with injury ruling out Kelechi Iheanacho who played in same position against Poland, due to the absence of team captain John Mikel Obi.

DONT MISS ==> Alhassan "Muazam" Ibrahim Explains Why He Missed Europa League Clash Against Milan
Obi will be required to push upfront and join the attack, with Rohr hoping that his goal scoring form for Torino, where he has three goals in the Serie A will come handy when he finds himself in the opponent’s box.

This is not a surprise to me if it turns out to be true. I had assumed that this will indeed be a fall back position if a third striker cannot be found. So far that position for third striker is open and it is apparent that if Ajayi and Okechukwu do not do much to claim that spot then the fallback should be Musa. If all those fail, then I believe Rohr will invite a couple of other strikers to the May camp. There is a method here, folks.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Gooner1 wrote:....and this is why I cannot take SE seriously........you want a failed project like Musa in your squad for what?

Did you see Onazi's disgust when he put Musa thru with a sublime pass in the 93rd minute?
Granted Musa had a lot to do, but he couldn't even control the pass with no Polish defenders around him.......smiling like a goat giving thumbs up to Onazi :lol:
I am still scratching my head why Musa failed to control that ball and score...maybe Rohr is giving Musa the last chance to go as a striker because he has been underwelming at the wings.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gooner1 wrote:....and this is why I cannot take SE seriously........you want a failed project like Musa in your squad for what?

Haha! That was a heavy pass from Onazi! He played the ball behind Musa
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

wanaj0 wrote:

[/video]

No that was a very good pass. Watch from 10.24
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:

That is what I saw. How come everyone is seeing something different.
You don't play a ball behind a striker facing goal in such a tight situation and expect him to tuck it away.
Abi are they talking about a different pass? :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

[/video]

You are absolutely right on this one.
Was there another similar pass that was behind Musa, maybe not from Onazi?
I can almost swear there was.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ighalo is still Nigeria best forward.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

gochino wrote:Interesting formation,let see how it works out with Obi as our playmaker and musa as our striker....But lets hope micheal James is telling the truth :rotf: :rotf:

This is why Gernot Rohr has been successful so far. The Serbian defence have players like Dusko Tosic (33), Branislav Ivanovic (34), Aleksander Kolarov (32). They are all old and slow and what do you pitch against them? Pace. All we need is Joel Obi feeding the passes through them and for Musa to finish. Musa has pace and Musa can finish. If Musa does well today, he may start against Croatia who also have an ageing defence line.

Well done, Gernot Rohr. :thumb:

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
Last edited by Goldleaf on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ighalo is still Nigeria best forward.
I believe his time is limited.
He is just not deadly enough.
Even at his peak, he had his severe critics.

Remember a certain Solowe? :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=268999
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=276425
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

His hold up play is top class. Strikers need help.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:

This is why Gernot Rohr has been successful so far. The Serbian defence have players like Dusko Tosic (33), Branislav Ivanovic (34), Aleksander Kolarov (32). They are all old and slow and what do you pitch against them? Pace. All we need is Joel Obi feeding the passes through them and for Musa to finish. Musa has pace and Musa can finish. If Musa does well today, he may start against Croatia who also have an ageing defence line.

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
Chai.
Weytin come happen to this guy?
Baffling.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Let's see what Rohr is trying to show us with his obsession with a headless chicken like Musa. Maybe the striker role may suit Musa well, if not Rohr will have to let his pet go and utilize better options. Enough of the junks please
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Damunk wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Chai.
Weytin come happen to this guy?
Baffling.
Damunk,

Ahmed Musa is one of those players that always wants to be cuddled and praised to give his best. When players like that don't get love, they get depressed and down in themselves. Iheanacho, Iwobi and Ighalo don't have Musa's pace and composure to finish. Rohr obviously noted this and pressed on Musa to return to CSKA where they show him love and he has responded with goals. Musa in turn was overwhelmed when Rohr visited him at CSKA during Rohr's trip to inspect camp, stadia etc. If Musa performs well today, Rohr may well convert him to No.9 especially against teams that have ageing backlines. It all makes sense.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, I do not think that this has to do with who starts as striker for Nigeria, I believe Ighalo remains the man as starter. This simply has to do with squad decisions. If you examine the team, Rohr has probably made up his mind on two strikers bar injuries -- Ighalo and Kelechi. However, he needs three minimum. That third spot is what I believe Musa, Ajayi, and Okechukwu are being considered. In Musa's case, even if he fails, he could still make the squad possibly as a wide midfielder. For the other two, if they fail they will be cut. Just my thinking.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Enugu II wrote:IMHO, I do not think that this has to do with who starts as striker for Nigeria, I believe Ighalo remains the man as starter. This simply has to do with squad decisions. If you examine the team, Rohr has probably made up his mind on two strikers bar injuries -- Ighalo and Kelechi. However, he needs three minimum. That third spot is what I believe Musa, Ajayi, and Okechukwu are being considered. In Musa's case, even if he fails, he could still make the squad possibly as a wide midfielder. For the other two, if they fail they will be cut. Just my thinking.
E11,

Quite right, I feel Rohr's mind is still very much open for gatecrashers. But Musa offers so many choices; he can come in as a sub and torment tired defenders like against Argentina in our 4-2 win, he can create counter attacks when we lead 1-0 and the opponent puts us under pressure like against Algeria in Uyo and he can operate as a central striker against old defenders and punish them. Musa also offers pedigree of having been at the big dance (in Brazil) and performed. I believe barring injury Musa is already on the plane to Russia, no matter what.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

gochino wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

[/video]

I am trying to figure what is sublime about that pass unless the word has taken a whole new meaning on CE. That video actually debunks the posts above. :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I think playing Musa down the middle could work a treat. Musa is quick but I don't think he is best as a winger. Even from his junior days he's posted decent returns when played as a striker. Glad to see Rohr is trying to make the squad adaptable to different formations. Makes us less predictable.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I definitely buy Musa as a striker. He isn't that great of a winger. The best I saw him was at 2011 U20 World Cup as a striker. Late Keshi was the one who brought Musa as a winger
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Only a mad person would drop Experienced musa for backwater unknown players
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:

This is not a surprise to me if it turns out to be true. I had assumed that this will indeed be a fall back position if a third striker cannot be found. So far that position for third striker is open and it is apparent that if Ajayi and Okechukwu do not do much to claim that spot then the fallback should be Musa. If all those fail, then I believe Rohr will invite a couple of other strikers to the May camp. There is a method here, folks.
I dont want to pretend like I know more than I do. But Croatia has a very slow CB pairing of lumbering morons -- Vida and Lovren. We are playing serbia to prepare for Croatia.

As for the thread starter, The formation does not suggest a number 10-- It suggests two number 6s in a -4-3-3
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Cito wrote:
gochino wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

[/video]

I am trying to figure what is sublime about that pass unless the word has taken a whole new meaning on CE. That video actually debunks the posts above. :taunt:
poor weight on pass from Onazi.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".