It is Important for Nigeria to LOSE against Serbia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It is Important for Nigeria to LOSE against Serbia

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:KOC is very well respected as a football journalist. Personally, I dont know him, so I cant comment on his ability to analyze football ... That said, I disagree with him. The Idea that you need to be "knocked out," In order to realize that you are not ready and need to improve, is assuming that you are not intelligent enough to analyze your situation. One can be "punched" and still realize that mistakes need to be ironed out.

This Nigerian team is not the usual emotional Nigerian team. This is a very tactical Nigerian team. We do not need to lose games or be humiliated to "wake up for the next match." We can work on our mistakes, tactically, and dispassionately apply our lessons to the next game.

Optimism is only a step away from over-confidence, and Nigeria need to leave the international break aware that there are many areas to improve.

Defeat against Serbia would ensure that the Eagles remain rooted in reality, as there are areas in the squad that need improving.
KPOM! We won against Poland and no one is papering over the goal keeping issues we still have. We know the problems we have.
Huh?
Why do you think the likes of myself, Imehjunior and Obong have been insulted on this forum lately?
Because we dare to highlight the GK 'problems' which some believe do not exist.

So pointing them out makes us 'tribalists/dropologisers/agents' (choose one as applicable).

I rather we keep winning and instill a sense of belief in our players that they can stand, compete against anyone and win even in situations where they don't play well. Also, a loss against Serbia can place undue pressure on the team and the coach with the usual asinine calls for a major overhaul of the team 2 months before the WC.

The only "downside" is that no one will underrate us come tourney time, but that's ok.
Kpom.
That is what you truly think? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:KOC is very well respected as a football journalist. Personally, I dont know him, so I cant comment on his ability to analyze football ... That said, I disagree with him. The Idea that you need to be "knocked out," In order to realize that you are not ready and need to improve, is assuming that you are not intelligent enough to analyze your situation. One can be "punched" and still realize that mistakes need to be ironed out.

This Nigerian team is not the usual emotional Nigerian team. This is a very tactical Nigerian team. We do not need to lose games or be humiliated to "wake up for the next match." We can work on our mistakes, tactically, and dispassionately apply our lessons to the next game.

Optimism is only a step away from over-confidence, and Nigeria need to leave the international break aware that there are many areas to improve.

Defeat against Serbia would ensure that the Eagles remain rooted in reality, as there are areas in the squad that need improving.
Memory fails me of the Naijarian team either U17 or U20 where I commented on the same issue KOC raised... I think it was the U20 team.

A team that is not used to dealing with adversity and only faced adversity at the tourney proper and couldn't figure out how to overcome adversity despite having a good team.

I don't know if this team is capable of learning while winning. As in, being able to correct their faults and deficiencies despite winning.
There are bad habits that when you win are glossed over because you win. And there are bad habits that coaches can correct because the result of the game exposed those habits the coach has been hammering on.
We lost to SA, and we reacted!

We were 2-0 down to Argentina and we reacted!

We came under serious pressure after we scored in 60th minute vs Poland and we were resolute.

We dont need to lose to learn. Afterall, many people lose and never learn! Hell!! we are Nigerians, that is our modus operandi-- to lose and not learn from it. :lol: :lol:

This team has faced adversity.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

KPOM! We won against Poland and no one is papering over the goal keeping issues we still have. We know the problems we have.
Huh?
Why do you think the likes of myself, Imehjunior and Obong have been insulted on this forum lately?
Because we dare to highlight the GK 'problems' which some believe do not exist.
So pointing them out makes us 'tribalists/dropologisers/agents' (choose one as applicable).

I rather we keep winning and instill a sense of belief in our players that they can stand, compete against anyone and win even in situations where they don't play well. Also, a loss against Serbia can place undue pressure on the team and the coach with the usual asinine calls for a major overhaul of the team 2 months before the WC.

The only "downside" is that no one will underrate us come tourney time, but that's ok.
Kpom.
I beg to disagree, Dr. Damunk.

No SE fan with a decent knowledge of the game will think that we are all set with the GK position.

The problem with you and others championing for Enyeama is that, that is all you are doing. You are not suggesting ways to improve the GK position.

A lot of people have said (with valid reasons) that having Enyeama in camp will make the team worse. I was around the team a lot during qualifiers and I can tell you that this is Mikel's team. The signal the coach is giving is that the pecking order is the Coach, Mikel & the troops. It is interesting that the former and Vice Captains have recently started on the bench, or might not make the team. Bringing Enyeama back might upset that fabric. Check out Mikel's body language when Rohr's was asked about this after Cameroon.

Secondly, Vince said he could not seat on the bench with the SE, as it would cost him his job with his club. The club job is mostly gone. Is he now willing to seat on the bench if he is deemed to be the 2nd or 3rd best available keeper?

Third, there are options that I believe are better than some of the guys in camp. Why the focus on Vince and not these guys. Pre SA match, I mentioned David Nwolokor, Femi Thomas and Francis Uzoho as options that were better than the 3 Keepers in camp for that game (Akpeyi, Alampasu & Ezenwa). Do you guys not know about these keepers. How come it is all about Vince.

BTW, I doubt than Vince will emerge among the top 3 if the pool is opened up to 6 of these, based on current form, without even considering the baggage he brings.

So, there is a clear distinction between calling for Enyeama's return and asking for an improvement of the SE GK position with a view to making the team better.

You guys don't seem to get that.
No need to waste your time with them anymore. 2 of them are hell bent on getting their townsman and benefactor into the game. The other one is a well known mad man with a badge. nonsense!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Dear Nigerian football fans, $#% that happened decades ago is not relevant today
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Thats one of the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Its like telling your math teacher "Sir, I purposefully failed your spot quiz so I can take your exams more seriously!".

The most important part of friendlies is to improve your team dynamics (chemistry, weaknesses, find new talent, improve fitness levels, etc). Winning any sport competition should always be one of the objectives.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...it's important in the sense, so that agents will say, well I told you so.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I know Ayo :sneaky: is hoping for a loss. Man must wack :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Hmm...the man who saw tomorrow
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Hahaha, this man is psychic
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anointed wrote:Hmm...the man who saw tomorrow
Yeah let him give me the number for power ball tonight
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anointed wrote:Hmm...the man who saw tomorrow
marko wrote:Hahaha, this man is psychic
He didn't predict a loss. He wondered whether a loss was necessary. If we go to Russia and get beat in all three games, this loss would have meant nothing.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

charlie wrote:Thats one of the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Its like telling your math teacher "Sir, I purposefully failed your spot quiz so I can take your exams more seriously!".

The most important part of friendlies is to improve your team dynamics (chemistry, weaknesses, find new talent, improve fitness levels, etc). Winning any sport competition should always be one of the objectives.
Wrong analogy.

It is like getting the answer right in a math quiz and your teacher insisting that you show your work.
Showing your work shows that you understand the principle being taught. That you will be able to get the answer right when the question is tougher.
Being infatuated with the answer does not mean you understand the principle being taught.

We have a team with a lot of faults that need to be addressed. It is typically addressed best when you just don't arrive at the answer but understand how to arrive at the answer.

The faults in the team has once again been exposed without us providing the answer that covers the fact we don't understand how to keep arriving at the right answer.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!