Rohr: "I am not confused about the left back position"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr: "I am not confused about the left back position"

Post by danfo driver »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/27/ro ... -ola-aina/

Rohr Speaks On Battle For Eagles Left Back Spot Between Brian Idowu, Echiejile & Ola Aina

Despite picking Brian Idowu to start today for the Super Eagles against Serbia for their friendly game later tonight, coach Gernot Rohr has left his options open regarding who gets his nod as first choice left back for his team.

Idowu started and lasted the entire duration of the 1-0 win over Poland on Friday, and as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, he will start once again today against Serbia ahead of Elderson Echiejile and Ola Aina.

The duo of Echiejile and Aina have both filled in at left back for the Super Eagles, with Echiejile the initial favourite before Aina’s switch from England where he represented them at youth level to Nigeria was ractified by world soccer governing body FIFA.

Russian-Nigerian defender Idowu also had his switch from Russia to Nigeria approved by FIFA late last year, and scored on his debut for Nigeria in their 4-2 win over Argentina in their final friendly game last year.

It appears he is the new found favourite of Rohr, as the 25 year old Amkar Perm defender started against Poland, but the coach refused to anoint him as his first choice left back ahead of Echiejile and Aina.

” I am not confused about who to play in the left back. I am never confused, I have the choice and it is wonderful. When I arrived in Nigeria, we had problems in the left back position. We found Tyron Ebuehi, Ola Aina and Brown Idowu and that is a big competition, it is no confusion. It is a competition and that is very fare”, he told Omasports.com

Against Poland, Brian Idowu did very well, he plays in Russia which could be a big advantage for him. Ola Aina is doing very well in Hull city. We also have Elderson Echiejile, a very good experienced player. So it will be a difficult choice for us but the coach is happy when he has more”.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Rohr: "I am not confused about the left back position"

Post by Bigpokey24 »

left to me Shehu, Ebuehi, Aina, Uwa and Idowu should all be taken to Russia.. ROhr plays different formations to surprise our opponent, 433, 4231, 352, 4411 and 442... every player will be needed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:left to me Shehu, Ebuehi, Aina, Uwa and Idowu should all be taken to Russia.. ROhr plays different formations to surprise our opponent, 433, 4231, 352, 4411 and 442... every player will be needed
So, who would you drop to accommodate 5 full backs?

We can only take 23 players to Russia. Lets keep that in mind
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:left to me Shehu, Ebuehi, Aina, Uwa and Idowu should all be taken to Russia.. ROhr plays different formations to surprise our opponent, 433, 4231, 352, 4411 and 442... every player will be needed

I won't drop any( i will take 5 full/wing backs) and 6 midfielders( 11 players, plus 3 goalies , will give you 14( Rohr now has 9 more players to pick from strikers and Wide forwards
SuperEagles

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

One of Aina or Uwa looks like the odd person out. I am surprised Idowu is starting today. Rohr really like his as well. I want to see Aina play with Ebuehi on the other side.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Echijile and Akpeyi are on their way out.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Idowu actually had a fair game, despite the popular opinion here on CE. Despite the fact, Iwobi didn’t help out as much as Moses and Ndidi helped Shehu. The Poles, still found less joy on his end.
I’m afraid for Ola. Definitely better than Uwa, but Rohr seems to be the loyal, kind of coach.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

okidoki wrote:Idowu actually had a fair game, despite the popular opinion here on CE. Despite the fact, Iwobi didn’t help out as much as Moses and Ndidi helped Shehu. The Poles, still found less joy on his end.
I’m afraid for Ola. Definitely better than Uwa, but Rohr seems to be the loyal, kind of coach.

Aina can play as a RB amd a LB. His ticket is secure. Its ya boy, wastepipe Echijile that wont make it.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I won't drop any( i will take 5 full/wing backs) and 6 midfielders( 11 players, plus 3 goalies , will give you 14( Rohr now has 9 more players to pick from strikers and Wide forwards
Provide us with what your selection will be from those 9?

so:

3 goalkeepers
5 full/wing backs
--- Center backs? (how many?)
6 midfielders
---Forwards? (how many?)
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Idowu was OK vs Poland. He defended quite well. I think his weakness is playing the ball to team mates

I am not sure he is good enough to be a starter
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:Echijile and Akpeyi are on their way out.
Who will be the third keeper then?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:Idowu was OK vs Poland. He defended quite well. I think his weakness is playing the ball to team mates

I am not sure he is good enough to be a starter
Passing is an issue for him, he defended well, but so do the other two, I thought the difference would be in supporting the attack, which Shehu did more of than him as he barely ever attacked.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:
Anybody but Akpeki. Ajiboye, Olorunleke, Osigwe. etc but not that bloddy wastepipe from Chippa Utd.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Anybody but Akpeki. Ajiboye, Olorunleke, Osigwe. etc but not that bloddy wastepipe from Chippa Utd.
Poor Akpeyi :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Rohr already has an idea of what Echiejile can do. Aina should be worried and has to grab his next chance with both hands and feet. Idowu didn't do much offensively, but when the midfield and attack didn't do much neither, it's hard to pick on the LB.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

so:

3 goalkeepers
5 full/wing backs
6 midfielders
---Forwards? (how many?)
4 CBs(Troost , Balo, Ken and Awanzie) and 5 attacking players( Ighalo, VicMO, Iwobi, Kele , Musa) and my 3 standby ( Simon Moses, Ideye, Success)
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

so:

3 goalkeepers
5 full/wing backs
6 midfielders
---Forwards? (how many?)
4 CBs(Troost , Balo, Ken and Awanzie) and 5 attacking players( Ighalo, VicMO, Iwobi, Kele , Musa) and my 3 standby ( Simon Moses, Ideye, Success)

5 players for 3 attacking positions? Thats quite a huge risk! God forbid injuries or suspension and one could be left with a very thin forward line.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have a very Balanced squad , we also have Shehu who can play in the middle, Kele, Ighalo and capable of playing as ST.. we are set
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have a very Balanced squad , we also have Shehu who can play in the middle, Kele, Ighalo and capable of playing as ST.. we are set
Shehu is not a forward though. I was referring to the 3 forward positions. You advocate for 5 players who can play in the 3 forward positions.

Ighalo
Kele
Musa
Moses
Iwobi.

Hod forbid there is injury or suspension, that easily becomes 3 players for 3 positions, with no forward on the bench.

Most teams usually take 7 players for those 3 forward positions. Some do 6.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:Rohr already has an idea of what Echiejile can do. Aina should be worried and has to grab his next chance with both hands and feet. Idowu didn't do much offensively, but when the midfield and attack didn't do much neither, it's hard to pick on the LB.
Idowu might be better defensively but he didn't seem as comfortable as Aina did with the ball at his feet. He was rushing/forcing to get rid of it when he could have more composure shield and find a better option. Seemed afraid to make a mistake.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:Rohr already has an idea of what Echiejile can do. Aina should be worried and has to grab his next chance with both hands and feet. Idowu didn't do much offensively, but when the midfield and attack didn't do much neither, it's hard to pick on the LB.
Idowu might be better defensively but he didn't seem as comfortable as Aina did with the ball at his feet. He was rushing/forcing to get rid of it when he could have more composure shield and find a better option. Seemed afraid to make a mistake.
Aina's much more comfortable on the ball. He's even played in midfield this season.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I have a very Balanced squad , we also have Shehu who can play in the middle, Kele, Ighalo and capable of playing as ST.. we are set
Shehu is not a forward though. I was referring to the 3 forward positions. You advocate for 5 players who can play in the 3 forward positions.

Ighalo
Kele
Musa
Moses
Iwobi.

Hod forbid there is injury or suspension, that easily becomes 3 players for 3 positions, with no forward on the bench.

Iwobi and Musa are hybrid forwards ( Ighalo and Kele are the main forwards) . Last worldcup we lost Uwa, and Obo
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ighalo
Kele
Musa
Moses
Iwobi.

Iwobi and Musa are hybrid forwards ( Ighalo and Kele are the main forwards) . Last worldcup we lost Uwa, and Obo
:lol: