Usain Bolt's Full Training Session with Borussia Dortmund

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Usain Bolt's Full Training Session with Borussia Dortmund

Post by Tbite »

I was away for a Wedding around the time this was uploaded, so apologies if this is a repost.

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Usain Bolt's Full Training Session with Borussia Dortmun

Post by metalalloy »

LOl he actually isnt half bad sha..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

He is not good enough to play in the European top flight or the top flight of any serious footballing country for that matter.

but he could be.

Some suggestions (not exhaustive).

1) First thing first, Stamina has to be bolstered, he can't even last through a training session at present
2) 1st touch is something that plagues many professional footballers, so lets not act like all pros master it, BUT Usain must improve somewhat
3) Perfect your strength, improve a bit in other areas. He has that aerial command, continue to work on headers...perhaps he becomes another Crouch in that regard
4) Movement is key, he will need to learn how to break, how to find space
5) He will need a basic grasp of finishing, how to find the corners, how to round the keeper etc.
6) His speed isn't counting for much, but why can't it? There has never been a player with the speed of Usain in the game...why shoehorn the guy, when a new role should be made.

Let me expand on point #6 which is the key one. Usain is not really top flight material....BUT perhaps a case can be made if a new role is designed specifically for him! In football as we all know, speed is not a measure of raw speed or acceleration, but it is about how you can move with the ball or break on the counter.

Don't slot him into a fine tuned team, throw him into the EPL or Championship. Put him on the wing. Don't deliver the ball at his feet, because he will be left with much space ahead to control the ball and manage his speed. Instead the feeders should overhit the ball! Usain is after all the only footballer that may be able to get on the end of over-hit long balls.

They will need to build around him. Hold onto possession, quick interchanges etc. which will hopefully draw defenders out of position. He can also use his athleticism to help recover ground as a Wingback.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

status appreciation or regression
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

why are they playing monkey post with Bolt? In footbal terms, route 1 football on a long pitch will be whee he really shines
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

He is good enough to get a starting spot on Super Eagles
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Rawlings wrote:He is good enough to get a starting spot on Super Eagles
you can definitely rule out playing in Ghana; picture him stepping over a couple midgets
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."