Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(2)

Post by SylverEagles »

Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:Why are the changes coming so late?

But that has always been Rohr's calling card.

He typically waits too long for subs... even when the common eye can see that the thread is beginning to show.

No be today.
I'm particularly disappointed with that. Why not use the full complement of players for both games? What's the point of Ighalo coming in instead of Ajayi for example? Why not Ezenwa for the second half? Very disappointing use of friendlies.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote:
airwolex wrote:Plus side...Ndidi is a beast of a player. Idowu is a good solid defender. If we can remove shaku skaku from Iwobi game he can be effective, Ighalo and Musa did okay, Uzoho is two years away from being a solid keeper.
Ndidi might be a beast of a player but he needs to show some positional discipline when he plays for the Eagles.
You are right, he tries to do too much but he is a terrific player.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(1)

Post by Orion »

charlie wrote:
Orion wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Serbia that Morocco beat?
Yes, against a Nigeria that beat Poland away, a higher FIFA ranked team. Football is not mathematics. The Serbians analysed their defeat and made the necessary changes to win the next game. We won a game and went into the next game thinking all was fine.
Nonsense. We went into this game looking to try out new players and tactics. That afterall is the goal of friendlies.
It didnt work (this time). No need to exaggerate.
Err... I don't think all is fine if you have no shot on goal in 180 minutes of football.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:
airwolex wrote:Ebhuehi really cost us this match he is just not ready.

lmao. u need glasses :rotf: :rotf:
He didnt have a great game
the kid is overhyped on this forum
but he wasnt a disaster either
doesnt deserve to bench shehu imho
the whole team sucked. Ebuehi was no worse and certainly was not at fault for the goals
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:Someone was so bold he claimed we would clean out Germany, Spain and Brasilall put together.
Can you imagine? :lol:
You guys really need to consider that such people are just out of their minds!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

its funny how we have to lose friendly matches for fans to stop burying their heads in the sand
this was actually a much better performance than agains poland in an attacking sense
but we were celebrating after the poland game
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Spain 6-1 Argentina
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote:Plus side...Ndidi is a beast of a player. Idowu is a good solid defender. If we can remove shaku skaku from Iwobi game he can be effective, Ighalo and Musa did okay, Uzoho is two years away from being a solid keeper.
Thus, it is becoming clear we have no goalkeeper. How do we solve this problem? Who do we have?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

ANC wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:

the whole team sucked. Ebuehi was no worse and certainly was not at fault for the goals
"was no worse" is not exactly high praise
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Robotnik wrote:This was an experiment gone wrong

This is why this has to be our formation. The team that beat Cameroon is it. Anything else is a waste of time

-Shehu----Balogun----Ekong---Idowu

---------Ndidi-----Onazi----------

Moses---------Mikel----------Simon

-------------Ighalo---------------
There is no experiment go wrong in a friendly. You try it and if it doesn't work you don't do it again. If we win it is just a friendly. If you lose na war. Our problems are the fans mehn....damn!
Yeah. We couldn't get a shot on target in two games because of the fans. :roll: Clown!
It is what the coach see and need to work on. It is a freaking friendly game for crying out loud. Experiment go wrong in a friendly? Yes I am really the clown...smdh :roll:
You're a clown for saying fans are the problem - experiment or no experiment.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Odas wrote:
Thus, it is becoming clear we have no goalkeeper. How do we solve this problem? Who do we have?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

SylverEagles wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He typically waits too long for subs... even when the common eye can see that the thread is beginning to show.

No be today.
I'm particularly disappointed with that. Why not use the full complement of players for both games? What's the point of Ighalo coming in instead of Ajayi for example? Why not Ezenwa for the second half? Very disappointing use of friendlies.
Why? To make you happy? Thought the whole essence of ftiendlies was to try out everyone. You know that awin is not the only result expected in a friendly.......you need to see how your team reacts to losses to you know. As far as friendly goes everything is positive for thr team building.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

anointed wrote:Spain 6-1 Argentina
Chei!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

This is why this has to be our formation. The team that beat Cameroon is it. Anything else is a waste of time

There is no experiment go wrong in a friendly. You try it and if it doesn't work you don't do it again. If we win it is just a friendly. If you lose na war. Our problems are the fans mehn....damn!
Yeah. We couldn't get a shot on target in two games because of the fans. :roll: Clown!
It is what the coach see and need to work on. It is a freaking friendly game for crying out loud. Experiment go wrong in a friendly? Yes I am really the clown...smdh :roll:
You obviously did not know why I said so. All you had to do was ask...No be fight. We are all in this together. Some of us dey go watch this team for Russia so we all want them to play well.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Schillachi wrote:We really needed this loss. The false sense of security was getting a bit much..
Kpom!

The personnel grouping we used in this game no be am at all at all.

The gaps and raggedy play in two games is telling.

No saves forced of the opposing Keeper in two games.
Moses forced one useless save in the first half, but your point stands, we can't put anything together attacking wise. Our attacking players play like they've never met each other, very odd.
Not so odd. We've seen this before when JMO is not playing. No doubt he is the engine in our midfield, which is troubling since (like Argentina without Messi), we can be lost without him. Its something we have to fix longterm.
Last edited by charlie on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

You obviously did not know why I said so. All you had to do was ask...No be fight. We are all in this together. Some of us dey go watch this team for Russia so we all want them to play well.
True. :thumb:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:lol: The score is actually 2 and a half - 0
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Cellular wrote:

No be today.
Why? To make you happy? Thought the whole essence of ftiendlies was to try out everyone. You know that awin is not the only result expected in a friendly.......you need to see how your team reacts to losses to you know. As far as friendly goes everything is positive for thr team building.
But that's the point SylverEagles was making. Why not try OTHER players you on the squad to see what they have. We still don't know what Ajayi and others bring to the team. Ighalo is an established quantity.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The Shehu i saw at the Okympics is not about to be benched by anybody.....when i hail a player it is for a good cause,except for that yeye Mangala :mad:

Ebuehi ko, Ogbuefi ni!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Spain 6, Argentina 1.
Dem go sack Sampaoli soon
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

ohenhen1 wrote:
BigMuze wrote:Our forward play is our biggest problem. If we can’t play on the counter then we basically huff and puff. It’s been that way for ages. We may have to accept bus parking whenever Mikel doesn’t play
Really, not our midfield. Our forward play is our biggest problem.
Forward play includes midfield transition to attach doesn’t it? Our midfield is already as combatant as any in the world, but what happens after winning balls? Weak transition, partly because of our movement when attacking.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:

"was no worse" is not exactly high praise
He had a bad game period. In the first half it was a positional issue and in the second it morphed into him being taken for a ride and eventually both goals coming from his side. Now does this mean he is a bad player...no, it just means he has lots to learn. BTW the other defenders and even the goalie did not have bad games. Awazeim was shaky to begin with but settled down. The problem was that left side...it didn't help the boy that Iwobi was with him.
Last edited by airwolex on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:biggrin: I hope Spain make it 7
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!