Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(2)

Post by marko »

In hindsight, maybe this was the best result for Nigeria, the coach has his work cut out, now we can see gaps which needs to be fixed, he has a few friendlies before the June 4th deadline, dont think he can try out more players, the coach does not have the benefit of time , just work on what they have, at least they beat Argentina, which means they are not that terrible, only worrying thing is the manner which they lost, they did not seem up for it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(1)

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Deserved arse whooping, this is not a good team...
Oh please this is friendly.Argentina is getting whooping by Spain.
And without Messi they are not a good team either.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:Why are the changes coming so late?

But that has always been Rohr's calling card.

He typically waits too long for subs... even when the common eye can see that the thread is beginning to show.

No be today.
I'm particularly disappointed with that. Why not use the full complement of players for both games? What's the point of Ighalo coming in instead of Ajayi for example? Why not Ezenwa for the second half? Very disappointing use of friendlies.
Why? To make you happy? Thought the whole essence of ftiendlies was to try out everyone. You know that awin is not the only result expected in a friendly.......you need to see how your team reacts to losses to you know. As far as friendly goes everything is positive for thr team building.
But that's the point SylverEagles was making. Why not try OTHER players you on the squad to see what they have. We still don't know what Ajayi and others bring to the team. Ighalo is an established quantity.
He cannot throw them all in at the same time, he hasto leave some of the key guys to build the momemtum. Also i know from esperience that the coaches would have seen from training that some are just useless no pointeven giving them a cap.

I think the man Rohr already knows his team, he is only looking for one or two new faces. He wants to go with Uzoho, so he needs to give him as many games as possible to build him and his confidence. He likes Idowu , he wants to see more of him. The rest are there just to make up the numbers , we already have our team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria(0) vs Serbia(1)

Post by smartbrother »

airwolex wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
ANC wrote:
airwolex wrote:Ebhuehi really cost us this match he is just not ready.

lmao. u need glasses :rotf: :rotf:
He didnt have a great game
the kid is overhyped on this forum
but he wasnt a disaster either
doesnt deserve to bench shehu imho
the whole team sucked. Ebuehi was no worse and certainly was not at fault for the goals
"was no worse" is not exactly high praise
He had a bad game period. In the first half it was a positional issue and in the second it morphed into him being taken for a ride and eventually both goals coming from his side. Now does this mean he is a bad player...no, it just means he has lots to learn.
Serbia were stronger on his wing than on the right wing
which meant he was constantly tested while Idowu had a holiday on the left
you cannot attribute either goal to him even though they came from his wing
he has been overhyped on this forum but he did an ok job today overall
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:The rest are there just to make up the numbers , we already have our team.
A squad is needed, not just a first XI.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:Spain 6, Argentina 1.
Dem go sack Sampaoli soon
That team was horrible, so we can see thst knacking them 4 was nothing out of this world.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:The rest are there just to make up the numbers , we already have our team.
A squad is needed, not just a first XI.
When i said a team i meant the squad not XI. The only new players who will make the team are those who can go straight into the first team. No need carrying so many players who cannot.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
That team was horrible, so we can see thst knacking them 4 was nothing out of this world.
As long as dem wait till after we knack dem for WC proper before dem sack am
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

wanaj0 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
okidoki wrote:What we are seeing is complacency, at its best. If you know you will be in Russia, why risk a 50/50 tackle. Right from the onset, the attitude was wrong, and non exemplified it than Moses. We lost the game based solely on attitude. We should be putting fire in their behinds. Umar, Onyekuru and Okechukwu should be in the camp. That way they know nothing is given.
He's injured.
We can still field an injured player based on his reputation :tic:
Are you this asinine or pretending to be one? Sometimes it is better for some people to shut their mouths , look stupid than open it and prove they are really stupid
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Spain V Argentina turned into a very bad tempered game all coming from Argentina
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Unfortunately after tonite they will act quicklyto find a sollution. How i wish they did not play Spain.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

DIMKA76 wrote:Spain V Argentina turned into a very bad tempered game all coming from Argentina
Sore losers. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Unfortunately after tonite they will act quicklyto find a sollution. How i wish they did not play Spain.
The same way they quickly found a solution after Nigeria beat them? :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
The same way they quickly found a solution after Nigeria beat them? :lol:
They thiught it was an aberration....you saw how they downplayed it and rationalised it....but not anymore. I watched the first half ,they were poor, Mascherano was their best player, with Higuain the elephant twaddling around like a dinosaur about to become extinct.

soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

The truth is we lack quality players and this has been a sad reality since the late 90s. This millennial crop of talent Nigeria produces now is just not on the same level of talent as their predecessors --especially when it comes to strikers. We see the same glaring reoccurrence in every game - playing high balls that we cannot control since our players are on the short side, lack of fluid passes, we give away too many 50/50 balls, and our players don’t run forward to collect passes. We play aerial balls inside the box that we know we can’t convert. We don’t defend set pieces well. No headers, no good free-kick takers.

We are one-dimensional, and are always trying to hold up play on the right side of field, and then we resort to these tight space squabbles close to the line while struggling to get a throw in. We are too slow when it comes to trapping balls, and some of our players first touch leaves a lot to be desired. I know we played well against Argentina and we had an ok win against Poland. Notwithstanding, the lack of quality upfront is embarrassingly painful that it feels like we are going into WC as an also-ran.

Segun Odegbami once said the dearth of quality players has to do with the turf pitches that are prevalent in Nigerian stadiums these days. Maybe he has a point. While I realize today’s team is our B team, we still don’t inspire confidence – especially for a nation that prides itself on its abundance of football talent – at least not as a potential semi-finalist or World cup finalist in 2018. I believe the most we can achieve is WC 2nd round or QF tops – and that’s if we are lucky!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Guys football is not mathematics, some teams that won on friday lost today and vice versa, we dont need a wholesale change, just plug a few holes and rediscover our mojo

The outcry here reminds me of our post ANC 2002 when we threw out the baby with the bath water and had a rough campaign in Japan
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Alright few things.....

1. Ebuehi is obviously not at 100%. He did himself no favors trying to play.
3. 4-3-3 with Onazi at anchor and Ndidi to the right and Obi to the left.NO. Ndidi is still developing the attacking aspect of his game. He is not a good passer of the ball for all his other strengths. The progression play was abysmal as a result of the lack of cohesion in midfield.
3. Idowu is a really good defender but again, not so great on the ball. Sensing a common theme here
4. The first goal was a complete breakdown in press which we really end up covering save for 2 unlucky bounces. Second goal was BD defending.

All in all, Rohr is making personnel decisions more than tactical decisions. He has a lot of decisions to make. The team conceded during its best spell in the game. Go figure.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Robotnik wrote:This was an experiment gone wrong

This is why this has to be our formation. The team that beat Cameroon is it. Anything else is a waste of time

-Shehu----Balogun----Ekong---Idowu

---------Ndidi-----Onazi----------

Moses---------Mikel----------Simon

-------------Ighalo---------------
There is no experiment go wrong in a friendly. You try it and if it doesn't work you don't do it again. If we win it is just a friendly. If you lose na war. Our problems are the fans mehn....damn!
Yeah. We couldn't get a shot on target in two games because of the fans. :roll: Clown!
It is what the coach see and need to work on. It is a freaking friendly game for crying out loud. Experiment go wrong in a friendly? Yes I am really the clown...smdh :roll:
You're a clown for saying fans are the problem - experiment or no experiment.
You obviously did not know why I said so. All you had to do was ask...No be fight. We are all in this together. Some of us dey go watch this team for Russia so we all want them to play well.
Even you yourself dont know why you said it. Or do you have a reason for using any of those drowsy cliches?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

soccernut wrote:The truth is we lack quality players and this has been a sad reality since the late 90s. This millennial crop of talent Nigeria produces now is just not on the same level of talent as their predecessors --especially when it comes to strikers. We see the same glaring reoccurrence in every game - playing high balls that we cannot control since our players are on the short side, lack of fluid passes, we give away too many 50/50 balls, and our players don’t run forward to collect passes. We play aerial balls inside the box that we know we can’t convert. We don’t defend set pieces well. No headers, no good free-kick takers.

We are one-dimensional, and are always trying to hold up play on the right side of field, and then we resort to these tight space squabbles close to the line while struggling to get a throw in. We are too slow when it comes to trapping balls, and some of our players first touch leaves a lot to be desired. I know we played well against Argentina and we had an ok win against Poland. Notwithstanding, the lack of quality upfront is embarrassingly painful that it feels like we are going into WC as an also-ran.

Segun Odegbami once said the dearth of quality players has to do with the turf pitches that are prevalent in Nigerian stadiums these days. Maybe he has a point. While I realize today’s team is our B team, we still don’t inspire confidence – especially for a nation that prides itself on its abundance of football talent – at least not as a potential semi-finalist or World cup finalist in 2018. I believe the most we can achieve is WC 2nd round or QF tops – and that’s if we are lucky!
Some people may not like this but this is truth. It was sad the amount of long passes we made and not a single player in space would make a run.

Wing play by our guys like Moses and Iwobi is horrendous. Outside of dribbling, they can't pass well, they either have a really weak shot (Iwobi) or a terrible shot that shows a lack of composure.

The sadder part about this also is that the matchday squad we used today would make the latter stages of the AFCON.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Odas wrote:
airwolex wrote:Plus side...Ndidi is a beast of a player. Idowu is a good solid defender. If we can remove shaku skaku from Iwobi game he can be effective, Ighalo and Musa did okay, Uzoho is two years away from being a solid keeper.
Thus, it is becoming clear we have no goalkeeper. How do we solve this problem? Who do we have?
You, of all people, are not permitted to say that.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:Alright few things.....

1. Ebuehi is obviously not at 100%. He did himself no favors trying to play.
3. 4-3-3 with Onazi at anchor and Ndidi to the right and Obi to the left.NO. Ndidi is still developing the attacking aspect of his game. He is not a good passer of the ball for all his other strengths. The progression play was abysmal as a result of the lack of cohesion in midfield.
3. Idowu is a really good defender but again, not so great on the ball. Sensing a common theme here
4. The first goal was a complete breakdown in press which we really end up covering save for 2 unlucky bounces. Second goal was BD defending.

All in all, Rohr is making personnel decisions more than tactical decisions. He has a lot of decisions to make. The team conceded during its best spell in the game. Go figure.

Not so much a breakdown of the press, as the lack of security behind the press.

In any case, we have a quite average manager and he will cut his cloth strictly according to his size. Which is a good thing.

I just have 2 main concerns atm....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No worries. We have a strong 1st eleven and it doesn’t include Ebuehi or Idowu. More than ever, Rhor needs to get Ambrose back in the mix asap :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:No worries. We have a strong 1st eleven and it doesn’t include Ebuehi or Idowu. More than ever, Rhor need to get Ambrose back in the mix asap :!:

Cheers.

You forgot Mobi Oparaku!

Goat...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp