I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:If rohr said that then he is just being diplomatic shikena. We beat a 6th ranked team in HOME turf with their HOME SUPPORTERS and you call it luck. Nonsense
They might be ranked 6th but only because they have Lewa. A Keshi side would have beaten this Polish team convincingly. 8-)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT

Post by cchinukw »

vancity eagle wrote:
ANC wrote:I am thinking perhaps the entire teams nerves are unsettled, because the whole thing make no sense. The rush to pass or flick a ball when holding onto it for splits of a second would suffice. It makes no sense.

Something is up because the team was not doing this before.

Even the loss to South Africa, we dominated possession and created far more chances than we did in both matches this week.

At first I thought it may be the pitch in Poland or the fact we were on the road, but today's game was even worse with more favourable conditions. I am baffled at how bad we were. Some of the worst I have ever seen SE play. Truly shocking.
You never shock reach. You this ONO obo :twisted:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT

Post by cchinukw »

donadoni wrote:Come June Naija will top the group of death - you can bookmark this now :)
After now we nor go see you for CE because you go don change name to 'Monica' :sneaky:

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tactically Rohr is not great.. just good at getting the best out of the best players available.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I have resigned not to expect anything from SE with Ighalo( The non-scoring striker) as the pivot. Ighalo is not taking us to the promise land. I will place my trust in Kelechi.
The only hope in the Midfield is a trio of Mikel- Ndidi- Etebo. Onazi and Joel Obi should never be on the pitch.
Leo Balogun isn't comfortable on the ball at all. I hope he regains his form very quickly.
Uzoho- Goodluck!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

highbury wrote:I have resigned not to expect anything from SE with Ighalo( The non-scoring striker) as the pivot. Ighalo is not taking us to the promise land. I will place my trust in Kelechi.
The only hope in the Midfield is a trio of Mikel- Ndidi- Etebo. Onazi and Joel Obi should never be on the pitch.
Leo Balogun isn't comfortable on the ball at all. I hope he regains his form very quickly.
Uzoho- Goodluck!
The positive for me is that we know the team limitations. I think a lot of deadwood will be kicked 2 the kerb after the World Cup as new talent emerges. But I agree Mrs Ighalo is a bonifided wastepipe
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Flex Swift wrote:
highbury wrote:I have resigned not to expect anything from SE with Ighalo( The non-scoring striker) as the pivot. Ighalo is not taking us to the promise land. I will place my trust in Kelechi.
Uzoho- Goodluck!
The positive for me is that we know the team limitations. I think a lot of deadwood will be kicked 2 the kerb after the World Cup as new talent emerges. But I agree Mrs Ighalo is a bonifided wastepipe
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Such a dumb move by the Coach:
Removing Iwobi instead of Mikel. Mikel was pedestrian and slow. I would have removed Mikel, put Iwobi in the middle.
Remove Ighalo. Put Musa and Ihenacho..
I told you that we will lose with Ighalo as striker.
If Ighalo starts for Nigeria against Iceland, we will lose.
So much for the supposed Great White man messiah German Coach. Siasia's team will never play like that. This is not a Nigerian team. This is an European team
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Some of what Aanu Adeoye of Goal.com wrote about Rohr when he was hired are starting to come true. The man is a poor coach that has failed at most of his stops that his employers could not wait to kick him out. Enough of these journeyman coaches abeg. http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4079/fea ... ut-quickly
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

highbury wrote:Such a dumb move by the Coach:
Removing Iwobi instead of Mikel. Mikel was pedestrian and slow. I would have removed Mikel, put Iwobi in the middle.
So much for the supposed Great White man messiah German Coach. Siasia's team will never play like that. This is not a Nigerian team. This is an European team
Bro, this coach is clueless pure and simple. He is a goat,
There was no midfield. He turned Mikel into a striker, rendering him hapless and Iwobi into a defensive midfielder. Etebo slowed the game. Shehu gave his man a lot of space. He did not have a plan to beat Croatia and I sense sabotage.
Rhoar
Last edited by jb on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Who replaces Rohr?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Kpom.........................
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

maceo4 wrote:Who replaces Rohr?

For now Salisu the assistant coach. The times he coaches our teams they out play opposition and are cohesive.

Rohr is not taking us anywhere.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

oscar52 wrote:Some of what Aanu Adeoye of Goal.com wrote about Rohr when he was hired are starting to come true. The man is a poor coach that has failed at most of his stops that his employers could not wait to kick him out. Enough of these journeyman coaches abeg. http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4079/fea ... ut-quickly
I do not know what picnic saw in this guy...he doesn't have a resume to speak of.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Nobody for now. Play mikel deep, Kelechi to the rescue upfront and leave Iwobi and Moses to express themselves. Ndidi functions better with Mikel close to him,
His system rendered Mikel just another player and substituting him rather than repositioning him was share madness. I think he has dementia. Gave me palpitations the whole time.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Why was Rohr forcing Ighalo on us? My God that was so glaring he was not good enough
Last edited by highbury on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

highbury wrote:Why was Rohr forcing Ighalo on us? My God that was so glaring he was good enough
Although I contributed to this thread I hadn't realised it was as old as March.

Kai. By that time, it should have been obvious this is no coach.

Nigeria, we deserve the results that we get. Look at this man Rohr - For the most part, you kept Ighalo on the pitch and refused to start Iheanacho. Nor be palaver with Nigerian fans you dey find?

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

cchinukw wrote:
john12 wrote:Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel
That was not a performance.

That was turning up even granting for that odd goal :twisted:
It was so obvious to me. I knew it! I hate to be right about it. Ask yourself this question, in the friendly game against Argentina, would we have scored those goals with Ighalo? He'll no! Would we have scored those types of goals with Ighalo? No! He is just brut force. He is like Emenike without the wits. Mikel should play with Ndidi while Etebo and Iwobi push up. Even that is not a guarantee. It just gives us a better chance
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Damn. We knew it in March. The some problems in March are haunting us in June. Rohr messed this up big time.
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Ex Super Eagles Stars Fault Iwobi Substitution, Rohr’s Formation

Former Super Eagles stars have come out to criticize the tactics employed by current handler of the team Gernot Rohr in Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Croatia in their opening group game at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia

A very poor and dismal Super Eagles team fell to an own goal by Oghenekaro Etebo in the first half and a second-half penalty from Luka Modric . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/ex-super- ... formation/
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

There were various options. Rohr's response was poor. Not only now, but in preparation.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Oliseh.

His work at Fortune Sittard should put him in good stead.

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

cchinukw wrote:
Oliseh.

His work at Fortune Sittard should put him in good stead.
Why continue to recycle failures? Nigeria will never learn.