I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:If rohr said that then he is just being diplomatic shikena. We beat a 6th ranked team in HOME turn with their HOME SUPPORTERS and you call it luck. Nonsense
Take it up with Rohr, just wondering what luck has to do with who is at home or away, luck is luck.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Rohr decided to go backwards and saw the results against Serbia. Nigeria was unable to qualify for back to back ANC with Musa on the starting 11. Facts no feelings. Awaziem is clearly not it, he seems to flatter to decieve, without the onyinbo wall the SE is trash. Ebuehi retains the RB spot, shehu would have conceded a penalty or two against Serbia today. Rohr needs to invite new hungry attacking players, and dissolve the headless chicken mafia. Why deny ajayi a chance to shine? What can Sadiq umar do? Any hopes for healthy again bazee? Victor Moses is the only attacking threat and without him it's game over.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:Pride my nyash. Your colo mentality makes you blind. Invite Poland to Lagos and see how they would cope against super eagles. As for me, we beat a 6th ranked team fair and square at their house and you guys are complaining
That's if you even get Yansh. :rotf: :rotf: Do you even know what is Colo Mentality? The premise of my thread was the questioning of Rohr's competence. You are entitled to your screwed up views. I am entitled to mine.This team has not played well in the past 2 games. Truth be told. We need some serious work. Rohr needs to get to work
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

highbury wrote:
john12 wrote:Pride my nyash. Your colo mentality makes you blind. Invite Poland to Lagos and see how they would cope against super eagles. As for me, we beat a 6th ranked team fair and square at their house and you guys are complaining
That's if you even get Yansh. :rotf: :rotf: Do you even know what is Colo Mentality? The premise of my thread was the questioning of Rohr's competence. You are entitled to your screwed up views. I am entitled to mine.This team has not played well in the past 2 games. Truth be told. We need some serious work. Rohr needs to get to work

........................................Russia
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I agree that we need some work done but that applies to most teams. After all, Morocco beat the same Serbia that we lost to. In friendlies, you’re supposed to experiment and win or lost are inevitable. However, to trivialize our win against Poland while gasconade today defeat is unacceptable.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:I agree that we need some work done but that applies to most teams. After all, Morocco beat the same Serbia that we lost to. In friendlies, you’re supposed to experiment and win or lost are inevitable. However, to trivialize our win against Poland while gasconade today defeat is unacceptable.
What is unacceptable is that you deny what every blind eye sees and even the coach mentions: We were lucky to win in Poland
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don’t believe that we were lucky to defeat Poland but to which his own. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:I don’t believe that we were lucky to defeat Poland but to which his own. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
We were lucky
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Insanity don arrive CE. :laugh:
Yep, as always whenever we lose a game. Very soon, people will be demanding the coach should be fired :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel
correction, you didnt beat Poland, Poland failed to win.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What a daft thread...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Insanity don arrive CE. :laugh:
Yep, as always whenever we lose a game. Very soon, people will be demanding the coach should be fired :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one said Rohr should be fired. Questioning a coach's competence does not mean one endorses that he be fired.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What a daft thread...
What does that make you who comment on one? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT

Post by vancity eagle »

I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT THIS TEAM IS PISS POOR, AND I MEAN PISSS POOOR.

We cannot use Mikel's absence as an excuse, for 2 matches straight we cannot even get the basics and fundamentals of football right

For 2 straight matches this team cannot even keep simple possession, cannot pass the ball to team mates, cannot create even ONE GOOD CHANCE IN 2 ENTIRE MATCHES.

I mean what on earth have these guys been doing in practice.

For all you clowns who said we played well against Poland, what a bunch of nonsense. We were absolute shi% against Poland and we were complete garbage against Serbia.

Since when did teams like Poland and Serbia whose teams, half of the players are 30 years old, dictate the pace of the match, and show more hunger and will to get to the ball.

Since when did second rate European teams like this make us look like complete garbage.

Rohr must shoulder the blame. This is not about personnel, not entirely. The team has absolutely no cohesion in attack, the players do not make runs and all the players, I mean ALL THE PLAYERS, do not know how to pass the ball.

I have never seen us play so poor as we did today since the days of Keshi losing to the likes of Sudan and Congo, what a useless team.

I am sorry but it must be said, I never sugar coat anything, I call it as I see it, and this team is garbage.

The likes of Iceland must be salivating at the prospects of whipping in cross after cross, and set piece after set piece against our defence which is USELESS AGAINST SET PIECES.

Victor Moses a complete disgrace, just jogging around lazily and taking pot shots. The only thing he did in these 2 friendlies was to DIVE

Alex Iwobi has been disappointing for a long time, cannot pass and is more interested in circus acts like his uncle

Ahmed Musa a complete wastepipe of a footballer, he should stick to track and field team so he can sprint around all he likes. It is a disgrace that Rohr continues to ignore other players and protect his pet, an absolute FRAUD

Joel Obi too was quite poor with his passing, but he has been a refreshment in midfield with his energy

Ndidi has been crap these past 2 games I am sorry. Misplaced passes all over the place and looked off pace

Onazi is complete garbage, the guy is now slow and totally off pace and needs to lose weight. No way is this guy a starter, he is behind Joel, Ndidi, and Etebo, If he is not careful even John Ogu will be ahead of him. Is Onazi finished ?

Ebuehi as far as I am concerned is much better than Abdullahi, much better defensively he started out great but got a little shaky in the second half

Ighalo is our best striker by far. Did anyone not notice how as crappy as we were we played better once he came on. I don't think people appreciate the work he puts in and how he harasses opposing defenders, and how his hold up play is one of our only forms of attack at the moment. It is not Ighalo's fault if the entire team cannot string together passes and if he cannot get any service.

Idowu is certainly better than Echiejele but why has Aina not been given a chance.

Uzoho is going to improve I'm glad he played both matches but he is still shaky on setpieces, but our team as a whole IS GARBAGE AT SET PIECES.

Balogun and Troost are by far our best defenders.

Awaziem I don't think he is ready. Our 2 losses under Rohr was when he played the whole match in defence. It seems he always loses the man he is marking, it happened against both South Africa and twice against Serbia today. Is he really better than Omeruo, he has been a disaster as far as I am concerned, in fact it is not innacurate to say we lost both games under Rohr, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF AWAZIEM.

At this rate this team is going 3 and out at the World Cup. I cannot see us beating any of the teams in our group, and at this rate we may lose 3 straight.

We should have lost against Poland, they completely outplayed us, and so did Serbia.

I AM GLAD WE LOST TODAY, WE DESERVED TO LOSE, WE WERE CRAP, AND I WAS ACTIVELY ROOTING FOR SERBIA FROM THE 60 MINUTE MARK. That is how disgusted I was with our team today. The term "piss poor" does not do justice to describe how bad we played.

The fact that Rohr has not done anything to rectify this, and has continued to parade junk players like Musa when there are plenty of others who could be looked at I am disgusted.

Also Ayo akinfe may be right, maybe we do need to look at a play maker because we cannot go into the World cup with this kind of garbage play. Such rubbish. I am so mad right now.

Not even because we lost. I wouldn't even care if we lost both matches this week and played well and showed promise.

BUT THERE WAS NOTHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT, NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Yes I await all the clueless dummy's who are blinded with bias and stupidity to come and attack me. This our team is shyte.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT

Post by ANC »

Agree with you but "Balogun and Troost are by far" from it too. Like I said, barring some miracle this team with the addition of Mikel wont make it pass 2nd round.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:Agree with you but "Balogun and Troost are by far" from it too. Like I said, barring some miracle this team with the addition of Mikel wont make it pass 2nd round.

Troost and Balogun are far better than anything we've had for a while, they are actually pretty good even though prone to mistakes at times, but they are great at marking players and great in the air.

Awaziem was a disaster, and I don't trust Omeruo either.

Balogun will not last 3 matches in Russia. Once he is out, we are finished.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

The passes, I agree. The outcome and set piece defending to some degree. The energy is not real. They are taking it easy. Relax.

However, we need a goal scorer or two.

None of our center forwards are it.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

nzeogwu wrote:The passes, I agree. The outcome and set piece defending to some degree. The energy is not real. They are taking it easy. Relax.

However, we need a goal scorer or two.

None of our center forwards are it.

If you think the problem is our center forwards you are dead wrong.

How many chances were created for our forwards in 2 matches ?

The team play is garbage and it has nothing to do with centre forwards. How can centre forwards score when your team cannot even pass the ball and keep possession, how will you create chances.

We are in big trouble if anything happens to Mikel. I thought these 2 matches would solve some questions as to options for him, but it has just showed how clueless we are without him.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I am thinking perhaps the entire teams nerves are unsettled, because the whole thing make no sense. The rush to pass or flick a ball when holding onto it for splits of a second would suffice. It makes no sense.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:I am thinking perhaps the entire teams nerves are unsettled, because the whole thing make no sense. The rush to pass or flick a ball when holding onto it for splits of a second would suffice. It makes no sense.

Something is up because the team was not doing this before.

Even the loss to South Africa, we dominated possession and created far more chances than we did in both matches this week.

At first I thought it may be the pitch in Poland or the fact we were on the road, but today's game was even worse with more favourable conditions. I am baffled at how bad we were. Some of the worst I have ever seen SE play. Truly shocking.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Mr Vancity you seem to forget SE is the lowest ranked team in her group ; they are devoid of potent striker and a game changer. Thus Mr Rohr is free to parade inept, feckless ,headless chicken ,clumsiness ,limited and inhibited players . He has justified reasons for poor results , Honestly I do not know the law that prohibits him for trying out new players but must be stupidly loyal to headless chickens.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija beat Argentina ..remember?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bully12 wrote:Mr Vancity you seem to forget SE is the lowest ranked team in her group ; they are devoid of potent striker and a game changer. Thus Mr Rohr is free to parade inept, feckless ,headless chicken ,clumsiness ,limited and inhibited players . He has justified reasons for poor results , Honestly I do not know the law that prohibits him for trying out new players but must be stupidly loyal to headless chickens.

this inept manager has wasted 6 WCQ matches, 1 ANQ match, and 6 friendlies.

In each one of these 13 matches he has insisted on calling chicken head Musa for every match, even when he wasn't even playing football.

He has failed to look at the likes of Samuel Kalu, Dennis Bonaventure, Peter Olayinka, Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi.

He failed to cap tie Ebuehi because of his stubbornness in playing a makeshift right back

He has given Onyekuru limited minutes to show what he can do.

Why has Ovie Ejaria not been capped ?

Are you telling me these useless midfielders who cannot even pass the ball are better than ejaria ? Are you telling me that he could not have been cap tied against Algeria in the dead rubber match ?

Why has Rohr preferred

Mikel Agu over Etebo
Abdullahi over Ebuehi
Musa over Onyekuru
Echiejele over Aina

Why was he so fixated with Daniel "basket case" Akpeyi ?

These are all bone headed clueless moves that anybody with a clear eye can see.