I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:
mystic wrote:I don't think that folks in these parts understand the purpose of friendlies, nor do they fully understand our team. In my view Rohr and his coaching staff have accomplished quite a bit over these two games. The only real concern has been our set piece defending - which will need a lot of work heading into the Mundial.
so the purpose of friendlies is to play 90 minutes without being able to pass the ball, keep possession, or CREATE A SINGLE CHANCE ON GOAL.

IS THAT THE PURPOSE OF FRIENDLIES ?

Keep deluding yourself.

Like I said I wouldn't even care if we lost 4-0 yet we played well and created chances. What do we look at after these matches to build on ? Running around aimlessly ?
No, VE! The purpose of friendly matches is to see these weaknesses and rectify them before the REAL GAMES in the World cup.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

There was a man who committed treason. Then he ran away for a few years. He then came back and began to tell his country men about how they can "improve the country." Someone walked up to him and shot him. And that was it.

In Nigeria. There was a man who committed treason. Then he ran away for a few years. He then came back and began to tell his country men that he wants to run for presidency. They voted him president.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

donadoni wrote:Come June Naija will top the group of death - you can bookmark this now :)
I have been saying that for a long time. We will win CROATIA and TOP the group
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I question Gernot Rohr's competence

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:
Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Insanity don arrive CE. :laugh:
Yep, as always whenever we lose a game. Very soon, people will be demanding the coach should be fired :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one said Rohr should be fired. Questioning a coach's competence does not mean one endorses that he be fired.
... and I never said anyone said so. Please reread my post/sentence. I said VERY SOON ... Very soon does not mean or imply I said people has said so :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The Ivorian that denounced his team in 2013 in favor of IVC has returned to tell us that we were piss poor in those 2 games and branded all our midfielders as useless. The problem with Nigeria fans is that they’re partially delusional. They overhype our players and expect our players to over achieve then insults the same players when their expectations aren’t met. People should realize that Nigeria has always been a middle rated team from the get go most of our players play at backwater/midrated teams so when we come across bigger teams we shouldn’t overhype our boys instead we should hope for a pleasant result. As for me, I believe that those 2 games was a success considering our Fifa internationally and calibre of players available. We must learn to support your team winning or losing imagine calling ndidi, Onazi, Joel useless??
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I believe Etebo/Ighalo partnership is the best we have IMHO. I don't think Rohr has utilised this option. Not Ihenacho behind
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

to be fair, Rohr has often questioned your existence.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

highbury wrote:I believe Etebo/Ighalo partnership is the best we have IMHO. I don't think Rohr has utilised this option. Not Ihenacho behind

So you wanted Rohr to trot out an injured Etebo against Serbia?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

mystic wrote:
highbury wrote:I believe Etebo/Ighalo partnership is the best we have IMHO. I don't think Rohr has utilised this option. Not Ihenacho behind

I don't think he's saying that, to be fair. Just seems to be saying that Etebo behind Ighalo is the best partnership. Although, it would need to be tried out before that conclusion can be reached.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I will trade him anytime without any hesitation for coach of Morocco . The guy is far more astute and assiduous than this pretender who calls himself a coach who does not know how evaluate good players or make right substitutes during a match.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

mystic wrote:

Na wa oo.. See how folks can twist and say what I didnt say :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I have my firm suspicion that every coach that has ever coached Nigeria never has full autonomy over player decisions. In order words, some players are from the powers above. Now the difference between foreign and local coaches is that the foreign coaches have more autonomy over the player decisions whilst the local ones have less autonomy. But full autonomy is never attained.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Martins should be given a chance. We are so impotent in the attack. With all due respect to Ighalo, he needs a good challenge. Rohr talks about made in China players helping Nigeria to qualify... Martins in made in China :tic: like Ighalo, he holds the ball, strong, quick and puts the ball at the back of the net which Ighalo hasn't done in a while. Don't forget Martins has been to the World Cup( you can't buy experience).. Has Ighalo been to World Cup before? I stand corrected! Nigeria needs help. Martins is playing regularly
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The person who started this thread must be suffering from excess gas.
All noise, a lingering stink and zero substance (or maybe just enough substance to suggest it might be time to change underwear).

It was just a friendly. A chance to experiment without serious consequences.
Take a chill pill and enjoy the ride, or take a few pills of Gas-X, whatever suits you.

Most of all, let the pros do their work in peace. It is hard enough without I-2-Sabi's spewing verbal diarrhea in the name of opinion.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I won't comment on most of the points.

But I will say that one of the most stupid trends that has plagued CE in recent years is this championing of the nonscoring striker.

I don't care how hard a striker works, I don't care if he is the hardest working footballer in the world, if he can't score, he shouldn't start.

It doesn't matter how good you are in any department, if you cannot fulfill the basics of your role, you are a liability. That is why someone like David Luiz was a liability for many periods of his career.

Do your job FIRST, then add the jara. Score first....then contribute in other ways.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel

correction, you didnt beat Poland, Poland failed to win.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Aside from the game against Cameroon, can anyone please tell me when this man scored for Nigeria? I have nothing but respect for him for his dedication to serve the country but he isn't scoring. Making Ighalo our main striker at the World Cup is an exercise in futility.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:Aside from the game against Cameroon, can anyone please tell me when this man scored for Nigeria? I have nothing but respect for him for his dedication to serve the country but he isn't scoring. Making Ighalo our main striker at the World Cup is an exercise in futility.
You are speaking truth to power.
This isn't only about not getting a regular supply of shewe to nack.
The mojo itself seems to be missing.
I'm worried.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The real question that should be asked is how many goal scoring opportunities has Ighalo had?

I don't remember him having too many.

Against Serbia and Poland there was no creativity. NONE.

If u wanna fault Ighalo for the non productivity of the midfield then go ahead.

I just hope you all noticed the difference in our attack when Ighalo came in for Musa.

Having said all of that I think that both Martins and Sadiq Umar need to be called into the 35 man roster and probably both need to play significant minutes against DR Congo.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:The real question that should be asked is how many goal scoring opportunities has Ighalo had?

I don't remember him having too many.

Against Serbia and Poland there was no creativity. NONE.

If u wanna fault Ighalo for the non productivity of the midfield then go ahead.

I just hope you all noticed the difference in our attack when Ighalo came in for Musa.

Having said all of that I think that both Martins and Sadiq Umar need to be called into the 35 man roster and probably both need to play significant minutes against DR Congo.
I sense that regardless of the fact that Rohr enjoys widespread respect, there is going to be an increased clamor for him to try a few players that haven't been in the mix up until now. Nothing to do with shady agents...just a genuine desire to take the best possible team to Russia.

You have mentioned two such players already. He might even be asked directly at a press conference or in any interviews he might grant in the build-up to the WC.

Tension is mounting and Nigerians being Nigerians will manifest their anxiety by shouting louder and louder. Your own anxiety started 6 months ago, so nothing new there. :D

But I agree with you regarding the strike force which we need to get as sharp as it possibly could be.
Right now, every Nigerian should be concerned, even if part of the problem is the poor supply lines.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

If Ronaldo can do it at his age, Martin's can do it for us at the World Cup. In fact, he is already doing that in China
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:Did Mikel played against Poland?? Abeg keep quiet joor! We beat a 6th ranked team without Mikel and you have the nerve to say that you haven’t seen any good performance without mikel
That was not a performance.

That was turning up even granting for that odd goal :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051