Spain 6 Argentina 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Spain 6 Argentina 1

Post by Goldleaf »

Defeats like this sap confidence. The heat on Sampaoli in Argentina will be unbearable and it will not surprise me if he is sacked soon! I cannot see Argentina getting our of the group. As for Messi, he manages to time things right and a dodgy hamstring or thigh strain might be in the offing for the World Cup.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Goldleaf wrote:Defeats like this sap confidence. The heat on Sampaoli in Argentina will be unbearable and it will not surprise me if he is sacked soon! I cannot see Argentina getting our of the group. As for Messi, he manages to time things right and a dodgy hamstring or thigh strain might be in the offing for the World Cup.
If Messi plays, they're going to beat both European sides, and the only reason I am not counting their game against us as a 'W' for dem na because of patriotism :P
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote:Take the Argies lightly at your peril. All of this could mean nothing when the Big Dance actually commences. Everyone wrote Brazil off in 2002 when everyone was kicking their butts, including Bolivia in the Copa America.

Some people argue that this sort of thing is actually good for a Big Team. It makes people disregard them, so that preparations for playing them are not as intense, and traps and ambushes are not devised to kill them off early. Do not be surprised if this is the year Messi finally silences his World Cup critics.
With that defense consisting of Rojo and Otapiapia dem? E no go hapun. Best they can achieve is semis IMO. Anyway this is the best thing that has happened to Argentina football wise since they qualified for the WC. They should send a few crates of the finest Argentine bifstek to Spain for this thorough exam.

Wha choo looking at?!
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

platinum wrote:
ohsee wrote:Take the Argies lightly at your peril. All of this could mean nothing when the Big Dance actually commences. Everyone wrote Brazil off in 2002 when everyone was kicking their butts, including Bolivia in the Copa America.

Some people argue that this sort of thing is actually good for a Big Team. It makes people disregard them, so that preparations for playing them are not as intense, and traps and ambushes are not devised to kill them off early. Do not be surprised if this is the year Messi finally silences his World Cup critics.
They have the second-best player in the world. They have a coach who has proven himself internationally. It's fun and games to joke about them but I fully expect them to be one of the more formidable teams at the tournament. I hope we have qualification to the 2nd round sealed by the time we meet them.
Fixed.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I challenge Argentina to play their next three friendliest against Ghana, Ivory Coast and Algeria. They cannot win one of those games at most! Argentina is a very weak at the moment!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Spicyee wrote:
platinum wrote:

They have the second-best player in the world. They have a coach who has proven himself internationally. It's fun and games to joke about them but I fully expect them to be one of the more formidable teams at the tournament. I hope we have qualification to the 2nd round sealed by the time we meet them.
Fixed.
I mean current playing staff. I think you assume I mean of all time. :tic:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Are some people just thick in the head or what?
[2] If you score four goals and concede five, you lose the match!
[3] Argentina probably has the worst defence of the 32 teams that have qualified for Russia 2018
[4] Attack Argentina and they fall apart
[5] This was clear during the qualifiers and subsequently friendlies have confirmed it
[6] Argentina is only going to the World Cup because the fear it commanded enabled it win some games as teams were afraid to attack
[7] With all these loses, that fear has totally gone
[8] For every three goals Messi, Aguero, de Maria and Higuain score, Argentina concede five
[9] The like of Otamendi, Rojo and Mascherano are playing worse than Cameroon's defenders. If they were African, they would probably be playing in the French second division
[10] It is unfortunate that some of you have developed an inferiority complex and as such cannot see realities staring you in the face!
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

Oga you are still with your 10 pointers? :D :D
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Completely meaningless game. Argentina and Croatia will advance from the group. Argentina will get KO'd by the semis. This group of Argies is completely spineless and incapable of winning the WC.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Heliopolis wrote:Completely meaningless game. Argentina and Croatia will advance from the group. Argentina will get KO'd by the semis. This group of Argies is completely spineless and incapable of winning the WC.
A very ignorant thing to say as it is not based on any empirical evidence. Argentina is the weakest team in the group. Now that is a fact!