Spain 6 Argentina 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Spain 6 Argentina 1

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Chei! Dem don spell Messi finish o!

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain 6 Argentina 1

Post by airwolex »

Argentina are prone to being beaten like this once in a while. I remember Colombia and Bolivia killing them in qualifiers years back.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Chei! Dem don spell Messi finish o!
.Messi dey watch for the stands. A penny for his thoughts :oops:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This Argentina team if the no take care go get such beat down at t he world cup
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

lionga wrote:
His thoughts? "Na these wastepipes dey follow me go Russia?"

Wha choo looking at?!
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
lionga wrote:
His thoughts? "Na these wastepipes dey follow me go Russia?"
Puhlease...without the officials protection and his Barca team mates, Messi will look ordinary at the WC.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

And that’s the real score!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so a whole Argies chop 6 :shock:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Did you know Messi left the stadium in disgust?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Did you know Messi left the stadium in disgust?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/27/lionel-me ... 22109/amp/

He walked away in frustration after watching the humiliation. Argentina have one of the worst defences in world football at the moment. Even Ghana are defending better than them at this point in time.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did you know Messi left the stadium in disgust?

Post by Coach »

And his inability to win the World Cup for Argentina proves he's useless. The Albiceleste are as ghost-like as the Marie, as far as defensive competence be concerned. Sampaoli has a huge task on his hands and will have to sacrifice a considerable amount of flair for an iota of resolve.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Did you know Messi left the stadium in disgust?

Post by mcal »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

They were beaten Messi - lessly.....
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Argies wont win jack. And this will b Mr. Messi's 4th stab at it. Good luck to him. I say its so or die.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Argentina are the weakest team in the group. Their defence is utterly hopeless.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Story story only mad people pay attention to friendlies. Germany lost to Argentina twice in friendlies before World Cup 2010 and 14 but during the actual World Cup, Germans beat Argentina twice
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Argentina are the weakest team in the group. Their defence is utterly hopeless.
Oh please are you not the same guy who was saying Argentina will top the group and the other 3 teams fighting for second spot?
Well why am I surprise after you hail Italy as one of the fav when they end up gonna be watching on tv.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Watching the game. Argentina is far from weak. They will be tough. And of course Messi and Kun who weren't in this game are big time game changers.

Truth is no one is going to be easy in that group.

Argentina has this young star called Meza who looks mighty impressive
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Nigeria got over confident from the 4 - 2 win over Argentina and Nigeria failed to realize that Argentina is not as strong a team as they used to be. That friendly match with Argentina hyped us. We thought we were going to win the World cup,
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

return2k2 wrote:Nigeria got over confident from the 4 - 2 win over Argentina and Nigeria failed to realize that Argentina is not as strong a team as they used to be. That friendly match with Argentina hyped us. We thought we were going to win the World cup,
Name ONE person who thought we were going to win the WC, well apart from yourself of course
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

akamoke wrote:
return2k2 wrote:Nigeria got over confident from the 4 - 2 win over Argentina and Nigeria failed to realize that Argentina is not as strong a team as they used to be. That friendly match with Argentina hyped us. We thought we were going to win the World cup,
Name ONE person who thought we were going to win the WC, well apart from yourself of course
Me o :D You see, when the moon is aligned with the sun and the exact amount of stars sparkle at the same time and the wind is blowing in the right direction and paj is under the influence at the right time, yep, I see us winning the cup. But everything must be in our favor :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Like Argentina in 2018, Like Brazil in 2014

A Messi-less Argentina is no Argentina. Like a Neymar-less Brazil in 2014. I know many will say neither Messi or Neymar play defense, but that is a simplistic point. Their presence keeps opposing teams honest, and restrains them from attacking with abandon. It restrains midfielders from joining the attack, and increases the caution of the opposition.

So anyone saying Argentina is weak because they lost 6-1 without Messi (or 4-2 to Nigeria) doesn't really know what they're saying. I would say the same thing about 2018 Nigeria without Mikel. That is no Nigeria. To know how strong Nigeria is, Mikel has to play.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Take the Argies lightly at your peril. All of this could mean nothing when the Big Dance actually commences. Everyone wrote Brazil off in 2002 when everyone was kicking their butts, including Bolivia in the Copa America.

Some people argue that this sort of thing is actually good for a Big Team. It makes people disregard them, so that preparations for playing them are not as intense, and traps and ambushes are not devised to kill them off early. Do not be surprised if this is the year Messi finally silences his World Cup critics.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ohsee wrote:Take the Argies lightly at your peril. All of this could mean nothing when the Big Dance actually commences. Everyone wrote Brazil off in 2002 when everyone was kicking their butts, including Bolivia in the Copa America.

Some people argue that this sort of thing is actually good for a Big Team. It makes people disregard them, so that preparations for playing them are not as intense, and traps and ambushes are not devised to kill them off early. Do not be surprised if this is the year Messi finally silences his World Cup critics.
They have the best player in the world. They have a coach who has proven himself internationally. It's fun and games to joke about them but I fully expect them to be one of the more formidable teams at the tournament. I hope we have qualification to the 2nd round sealed by the time we meet them.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”