Just got back from the game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Just got back from the game

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
Cellular wrote:Bros, my Sunday-Sunday kickabout is more entertaining than this drose.

Ndidi has ZERO business playing as an advanced midfielder. There were holes in our midfield.

We lacked width... don't know if it was the field. But at times when players wanted to switch play there was no one providing width to switch to.

There also was no solid structure in our formation.

But thanks for taking time and spending the money to go root for our Eagles.

God bless you.

Ndidi will not play an advanced central midfield role at the World Cup. These are friendlies. You try things. Besides I am loving that Rohr isn't revealing much for our opponents to scout.

Ndidi was very good, by the way.
I keep hearing this, its like we have some secret weapon in store that we will suddenly release at the WC...is this just blind optimism or am I missing something...

That's just my take based on reading the tea leaves. There is no big secret, but we're using our friendlies to work on a number of things, which has the added benefit of not giving our opponents much to see in terms of the way that we will play at the Mundial.

Now, of course, we are not playing disjointed football on purpose, and there is no on and off switch that we will suddenly turn on at the World Cup. That's not what I am saying. However, I do feel that the team is more focused right now on working on the things that Rohr has them working on and carrying out their individual assignments, than playing beautiful football.

In the end it should all come together, but we won't no for sure until the bright lights are on. On the whole I have a lot of confidence in our team. But even if I'm wrong, it's way too early for a lot of the panic that I'm seeing in these parts.
I hear you boss, I just feel like some of our key players during qualifiers have regressed as they are not having the best of seasons at club level, from Iheanacho, Iwobi, Balogun, Musa to Onazi, even Moses is not having the same season this year as he did the previous one. That's where I'm not so sure they can just pick it up once the bright lights are on. I just hope they pick it up at club level and bring that confidence and form to the world cup.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Full match report of the Serbia game

Post by maceo4 »

lol, we did have a shot on target form Moses, their goalie saved it for a corner.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Just got back from the game

Post by Flex Swift »

Ighalo only played the second half and has extended his goal drought for the Eagles scoring last against Cameroon during the home leg of the qualifiers. The chance where he tried an over head kick and the more worrying miss were two opportunities inside the six where he hit the ball over the bar. If he is going to be the main striker Rohr needs to get him to practice finishing everybody else can do whatever but Ighalo has to practice finishing.

Our only saving grace will be that the World Cup will be played in the summer not the freezing temperatures of last night which enabled the physical Serbians to bum rush the Eagles. Such tactics can only work in the cold. It was f@@king cold with a biting wind conditions which better suited the Serbs. Our boys had 2 make sure they didn’t pickup any serious injuries.

If you have played football at a certain level you will know that is it difficult to maintain any kind of consistency when the team keeps changing. From the Poland game 5 changes were made to the starting line up against Serbia.

Looking at the game critically Nigeria surrendered the midfield because the Serbs choked up the middle. The Serbs as soon as they lost procession rushed back into position. Nigeria did not pass the ball forward quickly. Several players held onto the ball for too long and played the ball backwards.

I would not read too much into the result but look at the overall and individual performances. The midfield failed as it was out numbered. I don’t think Onazi, Obi and Nididi should all play at the same time. Obi’s performance was much better than Onazi.’in my opinion Nididi should be the the holding midfielder yesterday he played high up the field.

The team played like they had never played with each other before the case in point in the second half playing long balls to Musa who was standing on the half way line. I wondered What do they discuss during training, what do individual players say to each ? I used tell my teammates how I wanted the ball delivered. I would tell them where I would make my runs so pass the ball there etc.

Moses seems to turn up and take free kicks, nothing he did showed he practiced this has to change. Waste free kicks the Poland game and Serbia.

The centre half that partnered Ekong is not good enough for this level , like during the South African game he doesn’t belong at least not yet. He is young and may grow into a world class centre back but for this World Cup he would be a liability.

How do you use Musa? He drifted all over pitch there was no understanding with team mates. Ccommunication mix up when both himself and Obi went for same ball . Obi attempted to lob the keeper but failed.Musa should made that ball his and attacked the keeper. Musa kept calling for the ball but was ignored with the ball being played into traffic in the middle. He did manage to cross. the ball but the cross was over hit.

The minutes given Ajayi seem unfair no way to evaluate the player it would appear to have been a waste of time him turning up. Someone else came on late who didn't touch the ball.

Like I keep saying team building is much more than simply selecting such and such player thinking they will bond. It is a gradual process involving confidence building & getting players to buy into the team ethic .