SHEHU'S POSITION SECURED THANKS to EBUEHI underperformance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SHEHU'S POSITION SECURED THANKS to EBUEHI underperforman

Post by vancity eagle »

And I continue to say we are lucky we didn't chop cane against Poland.

Shehu was horrific. The only difference is that we were not punished. Everybody seems to be overlooking this.

The guy was leaving his flank so open and exposed the Poles had so much time and space.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:I must say, I will never ever trust the opinions of CE members on players after a match. Ebuehi has been savaged on this site for his performance against Serbia and after just watching the match, turned out almost all of the opinions are complete lies. I've heard he cost us the game, is lightweight and needs to beef up (is this boxing or football), is responsible for both goals, underperformed, kept giving the ball away, he had a poor game, these are all complete nonsense! My goodness!

Shehu has exactly what he needs to keep him on his toes and it's called Ebuehi.
I expected that after the over-hyping of his limited minutes so far. Esp. Ayo's hyping kind of turned the guns on the bobo. He did ok, but not better than what we've seen Shehu do, like his MoM display vs. Zambia.
So you think defending against Zambia is the same as defending against Serbia ?

Shehu can defend well against gra gra Africans. Against Europeans you need to be more technical and positionally aware, and Shehu was badly exposed against both Argentina and Poland, not to mention the stupid PK he gave up against Algeria.

You can keep your head in the sand all you like.
Shehu also did well vs Poland 6th ranked team...you guys just don’t like him...realize his first job is to defend which he did well, Ebuehi seems better with the ball at his feet but isn’t a very good defender.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote:
This is nonsense. Ebuehi had a terrible game vs. Serbia. At a certain point, he was playing as if he didn't want to be out there.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt, and say he had an off day, but I felt Shehu had a slight edge before the game, and I still continue to think so.
It just shows how subjective football is. However most people say he had a bad day. I think it was a diabolical show but hey...i prefer defenders to defend; he looks good and elegant when he's on the ball so maybe that's what people like.

There was a time a long ball was played over the top, he was favorite and a Serbian was behind him, inexplicably he lost flight of the ball and pirouetted twice and nearly cost us a goal.

Even the second goal was due to dodgy defending. Him and another player had the attacker hemmed in and noway should he have managed to get the ball out to the wing back who crossed the ball for the goal.

The first goal for me, was a lack of good defensive instincts as well....tackling with his wrong leg, not staying on his feet etc.

He might yet turn out to be a great player but from what I've seen give me Shehu anyday. At best he has been grossly overhyped.
That was so funny, he did a 360 degree turn twice clockwise then counter clock wise :rotf: Imagine if that was Shehu, they would have fried him :veryangry:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:I must say, I will never ever trust the opinions of CE members on players after a match. Ebuehi has been savaged on this site for his performance against Serbia and after just watching the match, turned out almost all of the opinions are complete lies. I've heard he cost us the game, is lightweight and needs to beef up (is this boxing or football), is responsible for both goals, underperformed, kept giving the ball away, he had a poor game, these are all complete nonsense! My goodness!

I expected that after the over-hyping of his limited minutes so far. Esp. Ayo's hyping kind of turned the guns on the bobo. He did ok, but not better than what we've seen Shehu do, like his MoM display vs. Zambia.
So you think defending against Zambia is the same as defending against Serbia ?

Shehu can defend well against gra gra Africans. Against Europeans you need to be more technical and positionally aware, and Shehu was badly exposed against both Argentina and Poland, not to mention the stupid PK he gave up against Algeria.

You can keep your head in the sand all you like.
Shehu also did well vs Poland 6th ranked team...you guys just don’t like him...realize his first job is to defend which he did well, Ebuehi seems better with the ball at his feet but isn’t a very good defender.

We could easily have been down by 2 because of him.

Poland hit the post from a cross from his side, and also he gave up a free kick on the edge lofty the box. The only reason u are giving him a pass is because Poland did not score.

I look at the chances the defenders give away, not if the chances are converted or not.

Because Poland fails to score on your poor defending does not make you a better player.

I have nothing against Shehu. In fact I stated clearly that he was the best player on the pitch against Zambia.

But we are not playing a team like Zambia. The type of defending against Zambia nd technical teams like Argentina and Croatia are 2 entirely different things.
You can get away with things against Zambia that teams in our group will punish u for. You are heading for a disaster if you chose a makeshift rb over 2 natural rbs in this situation. Its just plain stupid tobe honest.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:

Maybe it's Ayo's influence, but I'd expect people that watched a game to give their own unbiased view. I got up this morning at 4.30am to watch the entire match before going to work. The difference right now is the body of work we've seen from Shehu. Especially his attacking qualities, haven't seen much of that from Ebuehi. Defending, they've got different styles, Shehu is more likely to end up with muddy shorts. As it stands, it could go either way, won't be surprised one bit if Rohr picks Ebuehi ahead of Shehu. Chances are Ebuehi has played more minutes at RB in the last yr than Shehu.

There was an instance he misjudged the flight of the ball but his overall performance was almost opposite of the claims here, his first half was near perfect. Bailed out Troost a few times too.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
airwolex wrote:
This is nonsense. Ebuehi had a terrible game vs. Serbia. At a certain point, he was playing as if he didn't want to be out there.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt, and say he had an off day, but I felt Shehu had a slight edge before the game, and I still continue to think so.
It just shows how subjective football is. However most people say he had a bad day. I think it was a diabolical show but hey...i prefer defenders to defend; he looks good and elegant when he's on the ball so maybe that's what people like.

There was a time a long ball was played over the top, he was favorite and a Serbian was behind him, inexplicably he lost flight of the ball and pirouetted twice and nearly cost us a goal.

Even the second goal was due to dodgy defending. Him and another player had the attacker hemmed in and noway should he have managed to get the ball out to the wing back who crossed the ball for the goal.

The first goal for me, was a lack of good defensive instincts as well....tackling with his wrong leg, not staying on his feet etc.

He might yet turn out to be a great player but from what I've seen give me Shehu anyday. At best he has been grossly overhyped.
That was so funny, he did a 360 degree turn twice clockwise then counter clock wise :rotf: Imagine if that was Shehu, they would have fried him :veryangry:
Shehu had some moments against Poland. Apart from someone saying he defended like a farmer, not much was made of his performance, he's a fan favourite.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SHEHU'S POSITION SECURED THANKS EBUEHI underperformance

Post by Gotti »

pajimoh wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Jette1 and John12 is definitely one person using two accounts :lol:
I don't think so. Jette has been here since he returned from his ill-fated trip to Cancum where he became the first person ever, who couldn't cum in Cancum :tic: Legend has it that the transgender granny he was trying to make it with whipped out one bigger than his so bobo pick race. :tic: Please don't quote me on that o. Na tori I don hia for dis site. :sneaky:
John on the other hand joined when the CE everglades was declared open for agents hunting season.

The invasive species were not native to CE but released due to some forumers carelessly advertising this site
The activities of "John the agents hunter" has come to the ears of our murdarotrs. He's been known to shoot at anything that ruffle the bushes.. He's shot a few locals taking a dump in the bushes :tic: He said they moved, smelled and made sounds like agents. :tic:

We currently have a thread with about 27 locals decrying the activities of "John, the invasive agents hunter". The locals are complaining bitterly about the scatter gun approach of John. Many complained they are not safe. A local was apparently shot down mercilessly when he started mentioning "kele...". Not knowing the victim was going to say Kelechi Iheanacho, john the hunter claimed he thought he was going to mention " Kelechi Nwakali" and he wasn't prepared to take the risk of letting that name drop from anyone's lips.

Although john is a necessary evil, even the devil don wash hands from his high handedness matter, it is also true to say the locals don tire for his Juan matta :tic:

This is pajimoh (the real pajimoh and not that fake @rse drug crazed mofo calling himself paj) reporting for CE news :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Shehu remains #1 on the RB depth chart until further notice...
But good nonetheless to see decent competition in a position that’s traditionally been wahala for us.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

vancity eagle wrote:And I continue to say we are lucky we didn't chop cane against Poland.

Shehu was horrific. The only difference is that we were not punished. Everybody seems to be overlooking this.

The guy was leaving his flank so open and exposed the Poles had so much time and space.
Ayo.....................why do you always post rubbish?
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo